Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ok , quick guesses - low or high score tonight ?

I'll go for higher than usual .

Eternally Optimistic :D

Johnny has his boom boom tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ok , I'm feeling faint , they're being nice to him !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I loved that brilliant

I don’t think he’s saying the judges give him higher marks, but that because of his high GAA profile that the public will vote for him.

He hadn't a high GAA profile. He was a sub midfielder with Dublin for his career. Not know like Michael Darragh McAuley, James McCarthy, Rock, Johnny Cooper, Bernard Brogan, Philly McMahon etc. He was a bit player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Obligatory "number of hours spent working every day" mention from Johnny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

At last Johnny gets credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

He's like someone who needs to go to Monart for a year or similar to chill out. The intensity and the fact it never waivers is kind of scary or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Johnny is like a teenager going into to sit Honours Math in the LC . All angsty

I feel sorry for him tbh , he comes across as someone who is very insecure in himself , I think anyway .

I feel sorry for him tbh , he comes across as someone who is very insecure in himself , I think anyway .

Its like his life depends on this

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its like his life depends on this

It's very odd , I just assumed that as an actor , he would be self assured and confident .

He's like the characters he has played. Intense Ciaran Holloway in Fair City, a kidnapping psycho.

Paulie in Love/Hate.

I love this song

Mairead is a bit like the girl next door you never paid too much attention to and then one day, out of no where, you realise she's really good looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Marengo wrote: »
    He's like the characters he has played. Intense Ciaran Holloway in Fair City, a kidnapping psycho.

Paulie in Love/Hate.

I think that's just the way he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He hadn't a high GAA profile. He was a sub midfielder with Dublin for his career. Not know like Michael Darragh McAuley, James McCarthy, Rock, Johnny Cooper, Bernard Brogan, Philly McMahon etc. He was a bit player.

Hardly?!! He started 3 All Ireland finals! Bit player???

Was one of the latest bloomers in IC football, all his 5 All Irelands won in his 30s

He doesn't look great in that rig out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Really enjoyed that, brilliant.

He doesn't look great in that rig out :)

And the mistakes he made really don't help either !

Very high energy. That was brilliant

• Advertisement

Hardly?!! He started 3 All Ireland finals! Bit player???

He started them but he's not high profile. Aidan O'Mahony had 2 all stars. Bastick has none. He's not in the top 12 Dublin players of the past 8 years. Not 'high profile'. Brogan, Fenton, Cooper, O'Sullivan etc.. not in their league.

Besides the finishers are often stronger than the starters with Gavin's Dublin.

And the mistakes he made really don't help either !

We know nothing Mam of 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, they are doing the orchestra this year. They were meant to have that last year but it never happened.

We know nothing Mam of 4!

Roll on next year and our new careers as Honorary Judges :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He started them but he's not high profile. Aidan O'Mahony had 2 all stars. Bastick has none. He's not in the top 12 Dublin players of the past 8 years. Not 'high profile'. Brogan, Fenton, Cooper, O'Sullivan etc.. not in their league.

Besides the finishers are often stronger than the starters with Gavin's Dublin.

But he was not a bit player. Far from it. Difference between high profile and bit player!

Regarding the last point he played 70 minutes in two of those AI finals and came on as a sub in the others so that kind of defeats the "finishers are often stronger" point!!

Please , enough about GAA

Aren't the pro dancers pure magic. I thought their dance was brilliant I could watch them all night.

Aren't the pro dancers pure magic. I thought their dance was brilliant I could watch them all night.

Mesmorising . I could watch all night too

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Cliona the bookies favourite to win.
    Can see her having more of a fan base than Mairéad tbh.

• Advertisement

The standard is going up big time now. I think they're all great but some are outstanding. Even Demi has come on so much since the start. Although I think she should go tonight.

Advertisement