Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watched back tonight's show......

Amanda as painful as last week, if not worse. Please get rid!

Teresa - enough with bloody storm jokes already :mad: They surely can't keep that up for the whole series? Can they??? And that pouting through the tango - OMG!!!

Dr. Eva - can't stand her on the telly, would she EVER give up the hectoring, lecturing tone even when she's chatting with Nicky.... but I have to (grudgingly) admit, she can fairly move her feet. But that spin mid-dance went on FAR too long!

Though Aoibhin was very good - hard dance for the first one, I think she has potential.

Katherine seemed to be emotionally all over the shop - very difficult for her given what she said happened during the week.

Thalia - watching the look-back clips, right enough her head was very upright, needs to arch that back more.

Denise - what sort of a nightmare of an egomaniac has she been saddled with? :eek: And that dance was a shameless rip-off of the brilliant one done by Joanne and Ore in SCD. If the other pros have their work cut out teaching the celebs to dance, Denise will have her work cut out taming yer man. Good luck to her.

Overall thought the women did FAR better than the men.

Next week will be very interesting!!!

Male group dance - oh dear God :eek:

Did the cameraman fall over something halfway through???

Why do they insist on sitting Amanda in the middle of starstruck, dumbstruck parents of contestants? :mad:

And that last dance free-for-all - who thought that was a good idea? Looks like a bad wedding dancefloor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Letting yer man turn it into the Hughie show is just embarrassing!

I thought the women did fairly well overall for week one. The female judge has given hardly any constructive criticism and more or less told Katherine Lynch she was a role model for fat women...so patronising. Only one decent judge, the other two are so boring.

The pro from Northern Ireland is an absolute a55hole! He will cost her this competition!

Enjoyed the sets etc...looking forward to way less filler next week. I think Amanda is grand. Her job is to keep things moving, just like Tess, and she does it fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sadie06 wrote: »
    Letting yer man turn it into the Hughie show is just embarrassing!

I thought the women did fairly well overall for week one. The female judge has given hardly any constructive criticism and more or less told Katherine Lynch she was a role model for fat women...so patronising. Only one decent judge, the other two are so boring.

The pro from Northern Ireland is an absolute a55hole! He will cost her this competition!

Enjoyed the sets etc...looking forward to way less filler next week. I think Amanda is grand. Her job is to keep things moving, just like Tess, and she does it fine.

Agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisha wrote: »
    I suspect that Hughie believes that there is no such thing as bad publicity. He isn't a fool, I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

That muppet Ryan he is with has thought him well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Did I see Ross from Friends out the back there.

4f18dc8557d063fe41bb065c07fff8dc.jpg

Peter, 98FM liked your Ross/Hughie comparison so much, they lifted it ;)

You posted at 18:58 and they shared the attached image on Facebook at 19:09 and received 10K likes in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Why are there six women and five men? I assume one man pulled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Male group dance - oh dear God :eek:

Did the cameraman fall over something halfway through???

Why do they insist on sitting Amanda in the middle of starstruck, dumbstruck parents of contestants? :mad:

And that last dance free-for-all - who thought that was a good idea? Looks like a bad wedding dancefloor!

Pure sh1te show. Giggled when I saw the cameraman nearly take a dive. Sums up the show really..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

amtc wrote: »
    Why are there six women and five men? I assume one man pulled out?

Probably only 11 dancers.

Did I see Ross from Friends out the back there.

4f18dc8557d063fe41bb065c07fff8dc.jpg

Peter, 98FM liked your Ross/Hughie comparison so much, they lifted it ;)

You posted at 18:58 and they shared the attached image on Facebook at 19:09 and received 10K likes in the process.

In fairness it was all over twitter all night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Hughie's tan has reached the Australian media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Probably only 11 dancers.

They have a 12th pro.
    I'd say it might be because they could only get 11 "celebs" to sign up

Ah, fair enough. Someone must have pulled out late I'm the day then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My own thoughts on last night:

Music wasn't as good as last week and some of the editing was appalling. It sounded like one of the songs wasn't shortened properly and it made it very amateurish.

Camera work still needs to be improved a bit.

Amanda Byram is getting worse. The script writers need to cop on and stop filling the script with soundbites and lame jokes. Oh for a Claudia Winkleman to be presenting... :(

Anyway, next week will see all eleven contestants on the one evening so there should be less filler.

Last point - Des Cahill looks like he's trying to impersonate comedian Alan Carr.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm still crying laughing at hughie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    They have a 12th pro.
    I'd say it might be because they could only get 11 "celebs" to sign up

I think they have spare pros in case one of the original pros get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can we stop with all the black face nonsense. Nothing to do with a guy who puts on an overdose of fake tan to buy publicity and boosts his profile significantly. Fair play to him! RTE must be delighted with the free publicity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

What age is Dr Eva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,530 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched recording of it.

Overall I think it's good.

Set looks good.

As do costumes. I think people saying they look cheap are just complaining for the sake of it.

I like how the link training sequences focus on the actual training and not silly skits like the BBC did. Could be a bit shorter though.

The judges need to get harsher and more critical.

I actually prefer the original music to having a band that many are calling for. For me the singing is better and not an interpretation.

Amanda is somewhat annoying but so is Tess on BBC, it's all down to poor scripts and dependence on puns.

I find the audience 'whooping and hollering' very annoying. Are we all Americans now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

pc7 wrote: »
    I'm still crying laughing at hughie

Same here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Every time the ad comes on and I see the end of show "dancing" ....I cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

murpho999 wrote: »

I actually prefer the original music to having a band that many are calling for. For me the singing is better and not an interpretation.

I have to agree with you there. The band/singers on the british version can be shockin' at times.

Overall I quite like the show, inspite of not being a fan of the presenters, or many of the celebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I reckon Hughie will be looking anaemic this week :D

No chance!

I'm seriously questioning whether I'm up for watching this live, not able to FF through Amanda's shrill shrieking....

Shut up the fk Amanda.

At least Westlife knows how to deliver a terrible line! Also note that Westlife gets a warm response from the audience when he tries these scripted jokes, Amanda's fakeness is just so annoying, you can hear the audience grating their teeth!

Hah - bingo!!!

Thalia is looking extra-gorgeous tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

****ing silly joke haha

Who was it had the mouthy partner last week?

(Shows how much attention I paid!!)

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who was it had the mouthy partner last week?

Nicky Byrne.

Advertisement