Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mairead looks so confident in this dance !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That song is a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Euphoria is a banger!
    That was a real crowd-pleaser of a Paso in fairness - she did really, really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

That wasn't great from Mairead very bad posture and shaping, will be overmarked rte want her in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Mairead looks so confident in this dance !

Thought that was great . She is so improved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

But sure what's the point in the competition when it was obvious from day 1 that he has a very strong background in dance already. Same with Jake Carter last year. There is no fairness in that if we are calling this a competition.

It would be a bit like entering Aidan O'Mohaney and Julian Benson in a penalties competition!

2003 was a good time in Ireland. The Celtic Tiger madness hadn’t completely arrived, which was then to be followed by the **** hitting the fan. As you said, everything felt positive and prosperous

I might have being young and innocent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Guess they've decided they want Johnny to win now.
    Criticizing cliona for choreography that she can't control.....

Cliona got a very good innings so far. I could not understand how the judges marked her as highly as they did in the past as some of her dances were just not good. I did not like any of them until she danced with Vitali - when she was amazing, as she was with Robert the following week. She was unfortunate to have had Robert as her partner as he is not a good choreographer, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

A cracking song makes all the difference ...mairead probably danced as average as the weeks before but put to great music it looks better.

A cracking song makes all the difference ...mairead probably danced as average as the weeks before but put to great music it looks better.

Agreed, poor Clelia having to dance to such an incredibly bland song

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Cliona got a very good innings so far. I could not understand how the judges marked her as highly as they did in the past as some of her dances were just not good. I did not like any of them until she danced with Vitali - when she was amazing, as she was with Robert the following week. She was unfortunate to have had Robert as her partner as he is not a good choreographer, imo.

When Johhny was crticized for emily's bad choreography twitter was up in arms about it, when Cliona was nothing. A woman will never win this show as long as a male contestant shows some sort of ability no matter how good the women is.

Johnny came in the most experienced in dance he's great but doesn't deserve to win at all

pjohnson wrote: »
    That was bloody awful. Robert seems a weak choreographer.

There was not much dancing in that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

It would be a bit like entering Aidan O'Mohaney and Julian Benson in a penalties competition!

Exactly. Having Johnny in this competition is like entering the Chieftains in a local music competition and pretending they are at the same standard as the other competitors.

No suprise there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Go Johnny Go Go Go wooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A woman will never win this show as long as a male contestant shows some sort of ability no matter how good the women is.

Ah jaysus Conspiracy theories now.

Cliona has been overmarked for weeks.

Exactly. Having Johnny in this competition is like entering the Chieftains in a local music competition and pretending they are at the same standard as the other competitors.

If we had 12 Eilish or Denis no one would watch .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Johnny was great and all, but I swear he was just repeating the same/similar set of moves over and over again the whole 3 minutes?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ah jaysus Conspiracy theories now.

Conspiracy? More like fact the last two winners say hello. Anna was better then Jake and both women in series one were MILES better the Aidan. Its a fact and this year will again prove it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You'd kind of like to see Johnny trip or something, just to remember that he is still an amateur.

Though considering he's danced in musicals, the term amateur may not be strictly true at all.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If we had 12 Eilish or Denis no one would watch .

You can have a contestant who grow and improve over the week and improve.
    Johnny is like having Nevim Maguire in Celebrity Masterchef.

When Johhny was crticized for emily's bad choreography twitter was up in arms about it, when Cliona was nothing. A woman will never win this show as long as a male contestant shows some sort of ability no matter how good the women is.

Johnny came in the most experienced in dance he's great but doesn't deserve to win at all

Brian has already said on another show that he thinks one of the girls might win it this year. The judges have been marking Cliona highly from the start, even when her dances were not that great. But, what do I know? :pac:

You'd kind of like to see Johnny trip or something, just to remember that he is still an amateur.

Though considering he's danced in musicals, the term amateur may not be strictly true at all.

It never has been, but because he is a man people cover their ears when someone points it out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

awful song choice by Cliona. what on earth were they thinking going for that, i knew they were going to struggle as soon as i heard that song.

You can have a contestant who grow and improve over the week and improve.
    Johnny is like having Nevim Maguire in Celebrity Masterchef.

So it is !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Man Ure V Man has been suspiciously quiet for the last while......:pac:

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thought Clelias waltz was very bland

Not much you could do to that 'butterflies and bees' song. :(

awful song choice by Cliona. what on earth were they thinking going for that, i knew they were going to struggle as soon as i heard that song.

she doesn't pick the song the producers give it to her ....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Johnny is the best dancer in the competition. Hope he wins. He's amazing.

he shouldnt be in it at all, he is a professional stage performer and has years of experience. massive advantage and it goes against the spirit/aims of it, in my opinion.

cliona probably in the same boat, but nowhere near the exposure to dance and performance that johnny has had.

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    Clelia is looking so well! I would love to take part just for the work out aspect..

I think Clelia has a beautiful face. She looks fabulous tonight.

Advertisement