Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

368100 wrote: »
    Aw...Vitali looks gutted, just want to give him a hug
    I think lots of us would help you out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Edward M wrote: »
    I actually couldn't see her being saved again, fair play to Fred BTW, I'm glad for him but Clelia is a better dancer.
    The judges apart from Brian, lost their credibility there for me, it's a popularity contest now so if the judges have their way then Johnny is the winner.
    She danced better in the dance off than her original, don't think Fred changed anything really and still got by her after worse marks prior. Joke.

I think Brian looked a bit disgusted when Lorraine saved Fred.

Thats it so.... til next week!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Edward M wrote: »
    I actually couldn't see her being saved again, fair play to Fred BTW, I'm glad for him but Clelia is a better dancer.
    The judges apart from Brian, lost their credibility there for me, it's a popularity contest now so if the judges have their way then Johnny is the winner.
    She danced better in the dance off than her original, don't think Fred changed anything really and still got by her after worse marks prior. Joke.

It was always a popularity contest. It’s pretty much the point of the show - vote for who you like best.

Yes, the judges give their scores but at the end of it, it’s the viewers’ votes that count.

It’s also not beyond the realms of imagination that the Judges just happened to prefer Fred’s dance. There was only two points in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

inthehat wrote: »
    I think lots of us would help you out there :)

Dibs on being first in line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

None of the other dancers have had the hard time Johnny has had in the last couple of weeks. It's no way easy to continue to compete in the show after what has happened. Fair play to him for doing so. People are voting for him so it's more than me that likes seeing him there. He's a great dancer and I think he deserves to be on the show.

The show works because of the mixture of talent . Its the same on BBBC Strictly . You get some duds , some comedy acts , some who surprise us and one or two who can dance . If we got all duds we would quickly tire of it . We need the Johnnys and Clionas to keep us interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow !! Well done Fred !! Didn't see that coming

I am shocked! :eek: So are Fred and Giulia...poor Giulia was so emotional when they got the first 'yes'. :) Clelia took it well. What was that all about, really? Clelia is a better dancer even though Fred is surprisingly light on his feet. Vitali did not look at all pleased....on the positive side, Giulia is in for another week. She has replaced Emily as my girl crush! :D

Ah Giulia is so shocked and you can see she is delighted and it means something to her - fair play!

I'd say she felt sure they were leaving tonight. She was in tears. Am happy she is still in the show. And Fred, of course!!

Aw...Vitali looks gutted, just want to give him a hug

Poor Vitali! I don't blame him for feeling gutted. Even Fred and Giulia are in shock, as well as the rest of us!! You'd just have to wonder how the judges arrive at such decisions. I was sure Loraine would have chosen Clelia.

inthehat wrote: »
    Oh janey. I really did think Fred would go.

So did Fred! That sure was a shocker!!

• Advertisement

CFlat wrote: »
    Fair duce to Clelia. Lovely leaving speech.

She was very gracious. She must have been as shocked as everybody else. Vitali was not able to hide his disappointment. I don't blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Giulia's an excellent dancer & choreographer who doesn't get the attention the others get. Thought she'd go far in the comp with Des Bishop but he ran foul of the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I listened to the podcast she was on. She said she was cast as the bitch in Britans Next Top Model, type cast in Dancing with the stars, all she does is moan and make excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ah that's very sad, she genuinely sees herself as a victim in everything she tries.
    I don't think it occurs to her that in a show like DWTSI you have to be a bit clever if you want to use it as free advertising for your brand!
    For example, I checked her online shop while she was on the show and she had very little stock available. If she thought she was going to have the opportunity to shill her brand, and if she thought she was going to come across so likeable, would it not have been smart to stock up and have lots of pieces available for her fans to buy?!
    I mean as it turns out it's a good thing she didn't, but really, as a "businesswoman" you'd imagine she'd be thinking ahead!

Looking forward to this weekend's show - I wonder how much Paddywhackery we can expect?

She seems to be a very entitled young lady .

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Well it confirms even more that she is a self obsessed moron, no charm what so ever.

Anyway the absolute state of the producers giving Cliona a bloody cha cha as her Latin dance this week when she is still yet to do (and now won't do) a Paso Doble, a dance Robert is not only trained in but has won awards for....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,767 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shes annoyed it wasnt free advertising basically :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s a disgrace the way she was portrayed but not surprising at RTÉ and lack of professionalism. A young woman with an entrepreneurial spirit is exactly the role models we need in Ireland so to pass her off as simply a model was unfair, especially considering the record of models not faring well on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

golfball37 wrote: »
    It’s a disgrace the way she was portrayed but not surprising at RTÉ and lack of professionalism. A young woman with an entrepreneurial spirit is exactly the role models we need in Ireland so to pass her off as simply a model was unfair, especially considering the record of models not faring well on the show.

Is there a thumbs down option on this site?? This comment sucks so bad. Self obsessed influencer to be role model to young girls, I am genuinely scared for when these young girls grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

'Nuff already said about the talentless one.

Last week's "Eurothon" shows exactly how the competition will pan out. Clelia was yanked off first and promptly got eliminated. Fred was next to go and will bite the dust this week.
    That leaves Mairead, Cliona and Johnny in the final with Johnny winning (in fairness he's been the standout performer) with Cliona coming second followed by Mairead. (Actually I can't recall if they do show who came second and third or if they just declare the winner).

I hope my granddaughter never choose a self absorbed entitled woman as a role model

Is there a thumbs down option on this site?? This comment sucks so bad. Self obsessed influencer to be role model to young girls, I am genuinely scared for when these young girls grow up.

My god....is this still going on!

DeepBlue wrote: »
    'Nuff already said about the talentless one.

Last week's "Eurothon" shows exactly how the competition will pan out. Clelia was yanked off first and promptly got eliminated. Fred was next to go and will bite the dust this week.
    That leaves Mairead, Cliona and Johnny in the final with Johnny winning (in fairness he's been the standout performer) with Cliona coming second followed by Mairead. (Actually I can't recall if they do show who came second and third or if they just declare the winner).

Im not sure Johnny had the public backing....but then again, it's probably predominantly female voting... so who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That's an appalling interview.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Im not sure Johnny had the public backing....but then again, it's probably predominantly female voting... so who knows

Without sounding totally cynical, the fact that he’s now doing this in the wake of his father’s death will certainly play to his advantage. I genuinely don’t believe that he is deliberately playing the sympathy card but the fact that people are aware and understandably feel for him will give him support.

I would be disappointed if he wins personally as I’d rather see either of the women who have really worked and improved but I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,343 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To be fair she is most well known as a model to the general public. Even if she doesn't model any more. They were hardly going to introduce her as "here's Holly, she sells jewellery online".

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

To be fair she is most well known as a model to the general public. Even if she doesn't model any more. They were hardly going to introduce her as "here's Holly, she sells jewellery online".

I hadn't a clue who she was before the show

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just saw an article saying RTE announce major change to DWTS. I clicked into it expecting something good and it was It's on at 7PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Horrible cow. A fake protege of her grandmother and mother.
    Nothing to do with GAA or anything. The public couldn’t stand her. And they’re not wrong. Simple as

Advertisement