Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Cliona or Mairead for me. Johnny isn't likable and already had a hugely unfair advantage over the rest from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He and Emily together make a powerful team.

Just too serious for me

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭kazamo

Mairead Moanin in the final.......RTE insider and First female winner, this working out nicely for RTE.

Johnny is the best dancer, but tonight shows best dancer needs a lot more than that to win a dance competition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Love this show and I'm going to miss it when it's gone, especially Johnny and Emily.

The only TV show I make a point of watching every week. I think I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms when it is over! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Totally agree. It will be a farce if he doesn't win.

Like it was a “farce” when Denise McCormack or Aoibhin Garrihy didn’t win the first series? It’s a dancing competition, but it’s still the public who decide and pay their good money to vote for who wins, that doesn’t make it a “farce” just because your favourite doesn’t win. Johnny isn’t even miles ahead of his competition; he overdoes every single dance and is way too intense.

• Advertisement

Curtis has to do something. He has been getting paid by RTÉ even since he faked injury to get away from the wicked witch of Clontarf.

This did make me laugh!! :D:D

I feel for Cliona, probably the best dancer by far in this series (apart from Johnny who had previous experience) but she’s been significantly hindered by Robert, who has shown himself to be the weakest pro dancer with poor choreography. That week with Vitali was amazing...oh to think what could have been :(

Cliona was so brillliant with Vitali - just think of the amazing dances we'd have enjoyed every week if she had been paired with him......almost makes me cry to think of what we've missed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,826 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cliona or Mairead for me. Johnny isn't likable and already had a hugely unfair advantage over the rest from day one.

What advantage, has he already dance experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

https://twitter.com/MVWTalentAgency/status/1107387732765143045

LOL Johnny' drama school getting mad but at the same time revealing his past dance experience....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Its a farce he is there without even a mention of previous dance experience, not even a single mention from Nicky/Jen or any judge and it finally caught up with him this week along with having two pros when no one else did

Johnny Ward's profession as an actor,the fact that he's has done panto and that he runs a performing arts school with his sister has been mentioned on DWTS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Cliona was so brillliant with Vitali - just think of the amazing dances we'd have enjoyed every week if she had been paired with him......almost makes me cry to think of what we've missed! :D

Honestly Vitali is such an amazing dancer and choreographer, can we just clone him and have 6 professional dancer Vitalis please?

CFlat wrote: »
    Johnny Ward's profession as an actor,the fact that he's has done panto and that he runs a performing arts school with his sister has been mentioned on DWTS.

He was the main part in a musical last year, never mentioned. The dances he did in it not mentioned....

Oh piss off Mairead my kids make me invisible, what crock of crap

Have to agree with you there! I don't get this thing of women being 'invisible'. :mad: Do her children not see her? Or her husband? Or her friends? Or John? :pac: I could go on...and on....and on.....as you say 'a crock of crap'!

LOL Johnny' drama school getting mad but at the same time revealing his past dance experience....

:o

And ? This is no secret.
    Half the celebrity dancers in Strictly Come Dancing have previous dancing experience. Jake Carter won it last year and had previous dance experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

He was the main part in a musical last year, never mentioned. The dances he did in it not mentioned....

So what? He's an actor. That covers a plethora of different skills on stage including singing and dancing.

Did he steal your girlfriend in school?

CFlat wrote: »
    So what? He's an actor. That covers a plethora of different skills on stage including singing and dancing.

Did he steal your girlfriend in school?

He doesn't deserve to win, its not in the spirit in the show

Also Emily has disappointed me this year in her ballroom, not one of Johnny's ballroom dancers was actual ballroom even tonight, they were all too contemporary (apart from contemporary ballroom) but last year with Rob Heffernan she was great in ballroom choreography, as much as Robert gets crapped on for being poor with Cliona. Emily has been equally as poor with Johnny's ballroom

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

There's a lot of fitness involved in the dancing. Cliona is a performer as well as Johnny, she has some moving to rhythm experience too I'm sure.
    Ballroom dancing is an art in itself.
    Mairead is obviously very fit given her body shape and toning, despite having had her children.
    The best three dancers of the competition are in the final I think and it should be a great one.
    Johnny just seems to me to be taking it and himself too seriously and that would put me off voting for him, I will be voting though and will see. If he loosens himself up a bit he might change my mind.
    Dissapointed in the fact that he was allowed the extra dancers included in his routine tonight, it did showcase him above the others and I think it backfired on what it intended to convey.

He doesn't deserve to win, its not in the spirit in the show

Also Emily has disappointed me this year in her ballroom, not one of Johnny's ballroom dancers was actual ballroom even tonight, they were all too contemporary (apart from contemporary ballroom) but last year with Rob Heffernan she was great in ballroom choreography, as much as Robert gets crapped on for being poor with Cliona. Emily has been equally as poor with Johnny's ballroom

What’s the “spirit of the show”??
    Half the celebs on Strictly have acting and dancing backgrounds , Ashley Roberts from Pussycat Dolls was runner up this year , she was incredible to watch . Faye Tozier was also a dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If he loosens himself up a bit he might change my mind.

That's just how he is. I've seen him on a few things over the years and he's always like that.

• Advertisement

What’s the “spirit of the show”??
    Half the celebs on Strictly have acting and dancing backgrounds , Ashley Roberts from Pussycat Dolls was runner up this year , she was incredible to watch . Faye Tozier was also a dancer.

And they didn't win i.e they did not fit the spirit of the show to win, that is why Joe or Stacey were going win

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That's just how he is. I've seen him on a few things over the years and he's always like that.

He is seriously uptight and intense

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Anyone else find that Robert guy camp as Christmas?

Curtis has to do something. He has been getting paid by RTeven since he faked injury to get away from the wicked witch of Clontarf.

Who is that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Christ this thread has gone to the dogs with the amount of trolling tonight.

Anyway, my own thoughts on the dances:
    Cliona: Robert did his usual with the first dance and made it all about him. They got away with the scarf tangling (just about). Thought her cha-cha-cha was very good

Mairead: good jive but it was an awful song to jive to. As for her second dance - one to watch again, and again, and again. Superb! John is a great ballroom choreographer. Really enjoyed that.

Fred: a very nice foxtrot. His posture is never great but he's very light on his feet. Thought his salsa was great fun and full of energy. Again, credit to Giulia who has done so much work with him.

Jonny: decent American Smooth but too bloody intense! Same for the Paso. Holy crap. There was more ham in it than the Henry Denny factory!

The weakest dancer went but we also learned that Jonny isn't going to win. Top of the leaderboard but finished 3rd or 4th after the public vote came in.
    Also, Cliona played a blinder calling for the Daniel O'Donnell fans to vote for her. Urgh...

Heroditas wrote: »

The weakest dancer went but we also learned that Jonny isn't going to win. Top of the leaderboard but finished 3rd or 4th after the public vote came in.
    Also, Cliona played a blinder calling for the Daniel O'Donnell fans to vote for her. Urgh...

She didn't call on them to vote for her she was asked about him by Nicky she didn't even bring him up ... So much for trolling

I really like Cliona, genuinely nice girl and great dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

She didn't call on them to vote for her she was asked about him by Nicky she didn't even bring him up ... So much for trolling

It was implicit in what she said.
    Funny how you got upset at the trolling comment.

Edit: to road_high, yeah she's a great dancer. It's a real shame she's paired with Robert. She would have been great with Kai or Curtis.

Loved the second Fred dance, cheesy fun dancing at it’s best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Think Cliona will win. CW fan base will be a big help. She is a good dancer & comes across very well. It’s a good final

Advertisement