Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

honeybear wrote: »
    Think Cliona will win. CW fan base will be a big help. She is a good dancer & comes across very well. It’s a good final

It'll be the best final to date and for once is be happy enough with any of the finalists winning it.
    The best dancer is certainly not going to win but at least it won't be like 2017 when Aidan won.
    I think I'm going to throw my support behind Mairead!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Johnny is super but I’d love to see broaden beyond that intense stuff and do something more light hearted and fun dance. He’s brilliant but repeats a lot of the same moves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Of course it’s gonna be a female winner. The way things are goin there would be a protest of some sort to the dail if it isn’t but johnny is the best dancer. But I love mairead as long as she doesn’t talk

road_high wrote: »
    Anyone else find that Robert guy camp as Christmas?

Oh God yeah, which is why I find some of the musing regarding him and Cliona hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm not a fan of Mairead's "poor me, I'm invisible because I'm a mammy and I'm not sexy, please tell me I'm sexy" campaign but regardless of it, she's the most improved dancer.
    Johnny is the best dancer but is unlikely to win both because he's quite hard to like (not the most personable of characters!) and because he entered the show with more dance experience than the others. His past dance experience doesn't bother me personally - I wouldn't watch the show if it was 12 absolute beginners, I think it's more interesting to have some celebs who know their left foot from their right from the beginning - but I agree that while it gives him an advantage on the leaderboard it puts him at a disadvantage for the public vote. So yeah, he probably won't win and he probably knew that ftom day one but he's added a lot to the show.
    Clionadh does nothing for me but she's undeniably a good dancer and deserves to be in the final. I'd rather see Johnny or Mairead win though because I find them both infinitely more fun to watch than her. Part of it I'm sure is down to the choreography she's been dealt but I also can't warm to her personality.

• Advertisement

Mairead is my least favorite. The poor me line is tiresome to say the least at this stage. Presume she’s trying to get the mothers and daughters vote?

Heroditas wrote: »
    Oh God yeah, which is why I find some of the musing regarding him and Cliona hilarious!!

Has that actually been a thing? I don’t think so! I dont see the chemistry outside of the dancing at all- much more likely would be Emily and Johnny Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Mairéad's poor me "I am over 30 and a Mammy and therefore invisible" might be painful but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So 3 series of DWTS.
    Season 1 - two women and one man in the final - the man wins.
    Season 2 - two women and one man in the final - the man wins.
    Season 3 - two women and one man in the final -???

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Can I ask why people think Johnny not going first each week gives him an unfair advantage?

I didn't like the way he had the 2 professionals and none of the others had that opportunity. Emily said she pushed for it. Usually the pros join the celebs in the final not the semi.

I want him to win as I don't think I could listen to Mairead going on about it for eternity. I felt sorry for Cliona and the scarf.

• Advertisement

Mairead is my least favorite. The poor me line is tiresome to say the least at this stage. Presume she’s trying to get the mothers and daughters vote?

It's not endearing her to my wife anyway!

Has that actually been a thing? I don’t think so! I dont see the chemistry outside of the dancing at all- much more likely would be Emily and Johnny Ward.

It's been mentioned once or twice here and also in relation to him and Maya last year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can I ask why people think Johnny not going first each week gives him an unfair advantage?

I didn't like the way he had the 2 professionals and none of the others had that opportunity. Emily said she pushed for it. Usually the pros join the celebs in the final not the semi.

I want him to win as I don't think I could listen to Mairead going on about it for eternity. I felt sorry for Cliona and the scarf.

The first one out to dance is often forgotten when people vote .The last one sticks in the memory.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So 3 series of DWTS.
    Season 1 - two women and one man in the final - the man wins.
    Season 2 - two women and one man in the final - the man wins.
    Season 3 - two women and one man in the final -???

He's not as popular as we thought though.
    Top of the leaderboard and secured the lowest or second lowest number of public votes last night and all this despite his dad dying.
    I'd be shocked if he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The way I see it is, Emily was the only one who asked for backing dancers. Presumably if anyone else had asked for them, they'd have been allowed use them too. They used the dancers to good effect but at the end of the day it was Johnny's skill as a dancer and Emily's as a choreographer and dancer that earned them the high points, not the fact that they had two other lads mirroring his moves.

I think it's mostly the nerves factor that makes people see being the first to perform as a disadvantage but was it on XFactor or Strictly that it was found the first person to perform on any given night was statistically the most likely to be eliminated? I know it was on one of these reality type shows!

I think it's XFactor. I seem to remember that statistically the person who performs second last was in danger of being eliminated in Strictly

Was surprised at Johnny having the two backing dancers too, I thought the rules wouldn’t have allowed that. It should be just the couple only as they are the focus.
    And no, I couldn’t listen to Mairead for all “the downtrodden mammies out there...” if she wins it.

He's not as popular as we thought though.
    Top of the leaderboard and secured the lowest or second lowest number of public votes last night and all this despite his dad dying.
    I'd be shocked if he won.

I think it’ll be Cliona by a nudge to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

It was implicit in what she said.
    Funny how you got upset at the trolling comment.

Edit: to road_high, yeah she's a great dancer. It's a real shame she's paired with Robert. She would have been great with Kai or Curtis.

Cliona is very canny. Of course, she was encouraging Daniel's fans to vote for her!

She is a very good dancer - she was brilliant with Vitali. Too bad she was not partnered with him from the start - I'd say we would have seen her getting a lot more 10s.

Loved the second Fred dance, cheesy fun dancing at it’s best!

He sure entertained us every night, and he was a surprisingly good dancer..so light on his feet. But, it was time for him to go last night. He was sure he was gone last week.....as were most of us! :D

honeybear wrote: »
    Think Cliona will win. CW fan base will be a big help. She is a good dancer & comes across very well. It’s a good final

She looked fabulous for the cha cha last night! :):)

I'd be surprised, at this stage, if she does not win. Johnny is great, but, as he acknowledged last night, you have to hope people like you. He has been consistently brilliant as far as I'm concerned but I don't think he will win. Also, Brian has said at an earlier stage that he thinks one of the women might win it this year. Mind you, he also said that Fred might win!! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement

It'll be the best final to date and for once is be happy enough with any of the finalists winning it.
    The best dancer is certainly not going to win but at least it won't be like 2017 when Aidan won.
    I think I'm going to throw my support behind Mairead!

Johnny or Cliona for me. :)

Emily's explanation for the two dancers accompanying Johnny was to show that he is as good as any professional. I think it backfired on her as there were a lot of protests on Twitter. I get the impression that she herself is desperate to win. I realise they all are at this stage, but she seems to have been pushing Johnny from the start, as she knows how good he is. She did not need to have the professionals accompanying him as we know already that he is brilliant.

Poor Cliona with that show off Robert! :( Her earlier dances were just bleedin' awful and it was obviously down to the choreography. That nonsense with the scarf last night was more of it! :mad: She showed what she was capable of on exchange night when she danced with Vitali. He certainly made the most of his free night from Clelia!!

I just don't care about Mairéad. If she does win, which I doubt, but you never know, I'd be happy for her little boy....he seems to be a great kid.....and for John, of course!!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    He sure entertained us every night, and he was a surprisingly good dancer..so light on his feet. But, it was time for him to go last night. He was sure he was gone last week.....as were most of us! :D

Guilia really got the very best out of him and knew what to focus on- ie the fun entertainment in her choreography. He did great to get so far

Guilia really got the very best out of him and knew what to focus on- ie the fun entertainment in her choreography. He did great to get so far

Giulia did a fantastic job with Fred.....and her own dancing was fabulous. I loved her delighted reaction whenever they got through, especially as I imagine they thought they were gone a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I seem to focus on Guilia in the pro dances . She is a stunning dancer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I seem to focus on Guilia in the pro dances . She is a stunning dancer

Yea I just love watching her too. Doesn’t have the pushy ego of some of the others too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Holly is back this wknd. Hope she will fall. She deserves to after her spoiled brat behavior.

Mod: I told you not to mention Holly again. Week off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Holly is back this wknd. Hope she will fall. She deserves to after her spoiled brat behavior.

Mod: I told you not to mention Holly again. Week off.

Went down a youtube rabbit hole over the weekend and found an interview with her on Ireland AM, she had just been the first to be kicked off Celebrity Master Chef, she felt it was harsh she had gone early :D

threein99 wrote: »
    Went down a youtube rabbit hole over the weekend and found an interview with her on Ireland AM, she had just been the first to be kicked off Celebrity Master Chef, she felt it was harsh she had gone early :D

Seriously she’s the most unlikeable person I’ve seen on tv and the Z list celebrity circuit for years. That’s the reason she’s booted off all these things first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Seriously she’s the most unlikeable person I’ve seen on tv and the Z list celebrity circuit for years. That’s the reason she’s booted off all these things first

These remarks sound a bit unfair. Can we let Holly be? Why pick on one person like that? Uncalled for, IMO.

Advertisement