Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Good series last year was better in my opinion but still miles and miles ahead of the first series Hope its back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

It's a joke, the weakest dancer won, she used to be grand, but she turned into a pain, everytime shes interviewed she's talking about mum shaming, being over 35 and invisible... youd think no one ever had a child before her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

inthehat wrote: »
    Thrilled for John :)

Yes, am very happy for John. Seems like a really nice guy. Made it to the final last year also, with Deirdre O'Kane. Delighted for little Darragh. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Mairead was marked out to win from a long way out.

Oh yes she anointed by the rte bosses before anybody danced.
    Must be a woman
    I think it's great women have been oppressed for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Good series last year was better in my opinion but still miles and miles ahead of the first series Hope its back next year

I think they said it was back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Woman = check
    Rte insider = check

Mission complete

is johnny an RTE insider too?

Clelia fits both?

talk about paranoia. when o Mahoney won it, it was because of garda and gaa people complained. now its fixed because she works for RTE and isnt a male....

ffs.

Johnny should have won

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ryaner179 wrote: »

Nicky said see ye next year. It'll prob be confirmed on the DWTSIrl twitter later. It was confirmed very quick post final last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Orchids wrote: »
    It's a joke, the weakest dancer won, she used to be grand, but she turned into a pain, everytime shes interviewed she's talking about mum shaming, being over 35 and invisible... youd think no one ever had a child before her

But what has that to do with weakening her dancing?
    I thought she deserved it tonight and was the best dancer tonight, not necessarily every night, but I voted for her tonight based on tonight.

is johnny an RTE insider too?

Clelia fits both?

talk about paranoia. when o Mahoney won it, it was because of garda and gaa people complained. now its fixed because she works for RTE and isnt a male....

ffs.
    I concur

• Advertisement

kazamo wrote: »
    Watch RTE milk this to high heaven

It will be painful for the next week. :(

brooke 2 wrote: »
    It will be painful for the next week. :(

Not for me, cos I watch or listen to damn all RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

But what has that to do with weakening her dancing?
    I thought she deserved it tonight and was the best dancer tonight, not necessarily every night, but I voted for her tonight based on tonight.

The comments didn't weaken her dance but she was certainly the weakest finalist. Public vote is a popularity contest, little to do with dancing, look at Aidan o'Mahoney the first year.
    If it was up to the judges she wouldn't have won it.
    Her constantly going on & on about 'just being a mom' obviously appealed to the public

Never knew she had kids until Tonight she kept that quiet ...

Orchids wrote: »
    The comments didn't weaken her dance but she was certainly the weakest finalist. Public vote is a popularity contest, little to do with dancing, look at Aidan o'Mahoney the first year.
    If it was up to the judges she wouldn't have won it.
    Her constantly going on & on about 'just being a mom' obviously appealed to the public

I may have misinterpreted or been mistaken, but did she not top the judges scores tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm very happy it's over this weekend. Once the evenings get bright I find it a bit of a drag to sit in and watch it.

I'm very happy it's over this weekend. Once the evenings get bright I find it a bit of a drag to sit in and watch it.

I can't believe it's 12 weeks since it started, these 3 months have flown by.

I can't believe it's 12 weeks since it started, these 3 months have flown by.

Even though I'm not too impressed with the result, I have really enjoyed DWTS every week. Will miss it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I see headlines that Mareid Farrell won it. Such a pity. Crocodile tears about how women turn invisible over 35. I wonder what she was actually on about when she went on about that rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

In my cynical head I’m just waiting for the Mairead Farrell Ronan show to be announced, buoyed on by this win.

FWIW Women over 35 with kids aren’t invisible our priorities just change, and that is our choice, it’s not foisted upon us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Enjoyable final.
    My thoughts on the dances:
    Mairead: I didn't like the Charleston first time out and still didn't like it again tonight. Didn't deserve such a high mark. Also wasn't mad on her second dance but hey...
    Her showdance was classic John and dare I say it, he went a bit Brendan Cole for it.

Johnny: they really improved the Foxtrot and their jive was also very good. The showdance was absolutely nuts.

Cliona: they really had her doing two awful dances. Her barn dance from week 1 was vastly overmarked. They were out of sync a lot! They then recreated her hooker dance which was supposed to be a rumba.
    Showdance - meh... exactly what we expected Robert to do. What an appalling choreographer.

Well done to Mairead.

Westlife were crap. Their song sounded like a rip off of another recent song. Dire.

Hopefully they announce a 4th series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Bye bye Fitali....see you next year :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Seems one of the pro dancers was giving phone credits to people to vote. Very sad. Hopefully the amazing sun news paper picks up on it. !

screamer wrote: »
    In my cynical head I’m just waiting for the Mairead Farrell Ronan show to be announced, buoyed on by this win.

FWIW Women over 35 with kids aren’t invisible our priorities just change, and that is our choice, it’s not foisted upon us....

And next year Kathryn Thomas will be on it , another female RTÉ luvvie who will win because she keeps bringing baby Ellie her training sessions and all the Irish mammies & grannies love her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Johnny Ward is fake. He knew well he had to be likable to do well on the show and his acting skills were put to good use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Hope they get 2 new presenters next year - zamparelli does me noggin in - she’s just not a natural presenter and she’s not funny

skearnsot wrote: »
    Hope they get 2 new presenters next year - zamparelli does me noggin in - she’s just not a natural presenter and she’s not funny
    Shes brilliant.

screamer wrote: »

And next year Kathryn Thomas will be on it , another female RTÉ luvvie who will win because she keeps bringing baby Ellie her training sessions and all the Irish mammies & grannies love her :P
    Only one baby....I think you need at least 3 these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Shes brilliant.

I thought she was good at first but regressed as the season went on. Bit too shouty but that can be coached out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭golfball37

JZ is 100 times better than the previous lady. Far more natural.
    I didn’t watch the final as I knew last week the way the judges upped maireads scores, inexplicably imo, the heave was on to justify her winning it and her winning it was a fait accompli. Obviously she was getting good votes all along but as a dancer she was the third best of the 3 finalists all season imo. Disappointing but not surprising sadly

Advertisement