Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Coming soon to a television and radio show on RTE ...
    The Mairead Ronan show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

The Mairead Ronan show

That's for sure, now that she has a 'profile'. She can replace her pal Darcy, she'll get a summer show at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 17,343 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The Mairead Ronan show

Surely a show about raising children co-presented with Kathryn Thomas seeing as they are first two Irish women to ever give birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Shes brilliant.

A lot better than Amanda Byram last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The Mairead Ronan show

Surely a show about raising children co-presented with Kathryn Thomas seeing as they are first two Irish women to ever give birth.
    Katherine only has one baby. Maraid is the expert she has THREE. Imagine in this day in Ireland a woman has THREE children.omg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Katherine only has one baby. Maraid is the expert she has THREE. Imagine in this day in Ireland a woman has THREE children.omg.

And don’t forget the super power of invisibility.... wow a-may-zing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

bet she has a super foo too what with having 3 kids an all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

RTÉ headline this morning -Mairead could “feel mums of Ireland” behind her - some people in here gonna love this :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

leahyl wrote: »
    RTÉ headline this morning -Mairead could “feel mums of Ireland” behind her - some people in here gonna love this :-P

My god she's so stuck up her own arse! She's going on about being invisible past 35 while she's getting paid massive sums and got to keep her great paying job while going off to fit her job around her kids.

She was on about not doing the show last year because of the committment but sure when you're getting 3k a week you could have your kids looked after by Mary Poppins.

I would really like to hear what exactly she's on about when she says women turn invisible after 35. Sounds like she's just making a niche for herself as a TV activist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

leahyl wrote: »

Thats Garda, GAA players, country singers, RTE staff AND mothers that are all cabals block voting for their ilk.

Its a disgrace joe. Its unfair to have any Garda, GAA player, country singer, RTE staff or mothers in the show. Its gives such an unfair advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pussyhands wrote: »

I would really like to hear what exactly she's on about when she says women turn invisible after 35. Sounds like she's just making a niche for herself as a TV activist.

Looks like I only have a year left in me so...and I don’t even have kids :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Not to alarm Mairead or anything but has anyone actually seen Aidan O'Mahony or Jake Carter since they won?
    If Mairead thinks she's invisible now it's nothing compared to what happens after you actually win the show. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Not to alarm Mairead or anything but has anyone actually seen Aidan O'Mahony or Jake Carter since they won?
    If Mairead thinks she's invisible now it's nothing compared to what happens after you actually win the show. :pac:

Jeez, Aidans a garda, I doubt he's looking for attention. Jake is doing a musical circle and shows.
    I doubt any winners of such competitions in Ireland go on to glittering careers really.
    On a side note, I see marty morrissey has a new show starting wit him looking like a bit of a fashionista, now that's pushing a bit beyond the realms of reality TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

:D

No my friend this is different the whole thing was a stitch up.
    Dancing show was a set up from the beginning for her to win.
    This of another example of rte telling us who our "stars" are.
    She will have the summer show replacing ray Darcy, the rte god's have spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I almost gawked when I read the "I felt support of all the Irish mothers behind me".
    FFS talk about a soundbite, she'll be going down that road next so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jake is doing is music thing and is doing more than he ever did.
    Aidan is a Garda, he has a thing called AOM fitness thing set up and pops up at matches.
    Both are as popular as ever. Well it didn't have a negative effect on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No my friend this is different the whole thing was a stitch up.
    Dancing show was a set up from the beginning for her to win.
    This of another example of rte telling us who our "stars" are.
    She will have the summer show replacing ray Darcy, the rte god's have spoken

It's ridiculous to say it was a stitch up. If Johnny wasn't such an unlikeable person he'd have won it easily. Besides him she was at least as good as anyone else participating.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to say it was a stitch up. If Johnny wasn't such an unlikeable person he'd have won it easily. Besides him she was at least as good as anyone else participating.

If only rte had the power to edit production to make certain people look better than others

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If only rte had the power to edit production to make certain people look better than others

I suppose you believe 9/11 was an inside job as well?

• Advertisement

I suppose you believe 9/11 was an inside job as well?

No I don't think rte orchestrated 9/11.
    But I do think they planned to have a female winner and preferably an rte staffer

Johnny has always had the same personality.
    I've seen him over the years on RTE and it's always the same attitude with him.
    I remember the first time I saw him on something. I went out of my way to watch it. I was disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

RTE don't produce the show and have zero input into editing etc.

Heroditas wrote: »
    RTE don't produce the show and have zero input into editing etc.

He who pays the piper calls the tune

As for what comes next for the presenter, she said she "hasn't had time to think" about future plans.

Renovating her new home in Clontarf is one of the highest things on her priority list, as well as a holiday.

That's that then, own show basically confirmed.

If only all the mothers of the country could marry a multimillionaire and afford to not think of what they're going to do in the future.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I almost gawked when I read the "I felt support of all the Irish mothers behind me".
    FFS talk about a soundbite, she'll be going down that road next so.

She must have nearly bust a hernia trying to get a tear to come out too whenever she says that about doing it for over 35's women.

what do you mean "if Johnny wasn't such an unlikeable person"? Who says he's unlikeable? You? Based on what? His intensity?
    FFS - that is his personality, the same way that some people are bubbly, some are quiet, some are show offs, some are ignorant and rude. His intensity is part of him, its not something he "puts on". How would you like to be judged in such a way?

This is a dancing competition, not a personality competition. Johnny was the best dancer.

Johnny could have gone on and on about his dad's illness, his death, Johnny's loss and his grief. He didn't.
    Mairead went on and on about her kids, being invisible, being over 35 - and she wins! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

He who pays the piper calls the tune

They don't. That's not how the franchising and outsourcing of these shows works. RTE have input into who appears but that's all their involvement bar writing the cheque to Shinawil.

what do you mean "if Johnny wasn't such an unlikeable person"? Who says he's unlikeable? You? Based on what? His intensity?
    FFS - that is his personality, the same way that some people are bubbly, some are quiet, some are show offs, some are ignorant and rude. His intensity is part of him, its not something he "puts on". How would you like to be judged in such a way?

This is a dancing competition, not a personality competition. Johnny was the best dancer.

Johnny could have gone on and on about his dad's illness, his death, Johnny's loss and his grief. He didn't.
    Mairead went on and on about her kids, being invisible, being over 35 - and she wins! :(

It's not a dance competition tough. It's Dancing with the Stars. The professional dancers and judges have taken part in dance competitions.
    The public take lots of aspects into account when voting.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    They don't. That's not how the franchising and outsourcing of these shows works. RTE have input into who appears but that's all their involvement bar writing the cheque to Shinawil.

Ok so Mrs Farrell I take your word for it.
    Well done to your daughter by the way

Advertisement