Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ok so Mrs Farrell I take your word for it.
    Well done to your daughter by the way

I'm sorry I'm not willing to indulge you in your neurotic conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

what do you mean "if Johnny wasn't such an unlikeable person"? Who says he's unlikeable? You? Based on what? His intensity?
    FFS - that is his personality, the same way that some people are bubbly, some are quiet, some are show offs, some are ignorant and rude. His intensity is part of him, its not something he "puts on". How would you like to be judged in such a way?

This is a dancing competition, not a personality competition. Johnny was the best dancer.

Johnny could have gone on and on about his dad's illness, his death, Johnny's loss and his grief. He didn't.
    Mairead went on and on about her kids, being invisible, being over 35 - and she wins! :(

1. Its a TV show on a Sunday night. It's not a pure dance competition. If it were then I very much doubt you'd be watching it in the first place.

2. On your assumption that it is a pure dance show Mairead and John got the highest score from the judges so won it on merit. Unless of course you feel in a position to question the judges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm not willing to indulge you in your neurotic conspiracy theories.

Either will Mrs Ingles

I'm after joining the dark side...

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/news/list-of-irelands-wealthiest-people-revealed-%e2%80%93-and-they-keep-getting-richer/ar-BBV9CTG?ocid=spartanntp

Maireads husband is worth 70m...I want to take my vote back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JeffKenna wrote: »

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/news/list-of-irelands-wealthiest-people-revealed-%e2%80%93-and-they-keep-getting-richer/ar-BBV9CTG?ocid=spartanntp

I thought everybody knew the Ronan's were loaded!
    Mairead's husband isn't closely related to Johnny Ronan but there's lots of that family around and they are well off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

She's not with him for his looks...

Well she definitely isn't married to him for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

Pussyhands wrote: »
    She's not with him for his looks...

Made me laugh when they were filming in her semi d, she played the working normal mum card well & that's what got her votes

It's being discussed on Today now!

It's being discussed on Today now!

Maura and Daithi must be nervous they will be getting the chop soon to be replaced with..
    Today with Mairead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Thanks Mam of 4 for the mention! There was a problem with my login for a few weeks, just fixed today.

Thoughts on the last few weeks.

It was a very good final, the 3 best dancers were in it. Felt Johnny was the best but being in the dance off in the semi didn't augur well for his public vote. The 2 extra pros dancing may still have had a knock on effect on his final vote..who knows..

I think most dancers are trying to angle for an area to pick up votes. Cliona has been name dropping the Country scene. Johnny has being hamming up what i'd call his 'honest Johnny' routine. He's probably a sound enough fella but he's been awfully in earnest and sincere. Mairead and the mammy thing. This invisible person stuff was awful rubbish though.

But as PJohnson said we don't know if all these groups are actually there at all, we've no vote breakdown. From day one i was pretty sure there was no such thing as a GAA vote, definitely not for a Dublin GAA player. I think Aidan O'Mahony's was more garda than GAA, again personal opinion. Without getting too much into it he wasn't liked by GAA people in general (feigning injury, sly digs etc). A popular GAA player would be the likes DJ Carey in hurling or Maurice Fitzgerald in football. I think cute hoorism won him the title! He played up to the wholesome fella thing pretty well too.

Dancing wise Mairead delivered some memorable performances. Well done to her on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They don't. That's not how the franchising and outsourcing of these shows works. RTE have input into who appears but that's all their involvement bar writing the cheque to Shinawil.

Tbf he also has a conspiracy going that radio listenership figures are being faked. Hes consistent at least. If he decides something it must be true.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but it's a different Louis Ronan who owns Enfer. It's Mairead's father in law

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but it's a different Louis Ronan who owns Enfer. It's Mairead's father in law

Thanks for letting us know.
    All those Ronan's are well off tough.
    There stock in everything.
    I know of a few of them.

Oh they're certainly not on the breadline but there seems to be a few people on this thread who are determined to run her down somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

any ideas or suggestions for next years DWTS- I think Maura Derrane would love it, also Katherine Thomas, Blaithnid Ni Choffaigh?? by the way I am not a fan of any of these three!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

I'd love to see Sharon Ni Bheolan in skin hugging tights and a skimpy dress. :D
    That'd be my fantasy, I'd be voting several times a night for her.

Please not Kathryn Thomas !

Please not Kathryn Thomas !

She is a mammy you know.
    She would be perfect for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Fair play to Mairead , 3 kids and one of them only 7 months ago . She was still the fittest , best looking dancer on the show . Deserved the win .
    Kathryn wouldn't hold a candle to her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭kazamo

He who pays the piper calls the tune

And the piper was on Newstalk this morning looking for an increase in the tv licence fee so Dancing With The Stars can continue.
    Interesting how Larry Bass from the independent tv sector is calling for the state broadcaster to get more money.

Yeah, they're independent alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ha ha. Theres the bloody proof.

What are you smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

What are you smoking?
    Buy your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,343 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Bullocks wrote: »
    Fair play to Mairead , 3 kids and one of them only 7 months ago . She was still the fittest , best looking dancer on the show . Deserved the win .
    Kathryn wouldn't hold a candle to her :D

Mairead is fairly likeable to be fair. And she's attractive. That's what probably won it for her really.

She way over did the while kids thing though. Yes you have children. Fair play. So do most of us. Get over it already.

Johnny, best dancer but too intense. Cliona, good looking but didn't have Mairead's overall appeal.

The dancing itself only a small part of it really unless you are completely awful.

banoffe2 wrote: »
    any ideas or suggestions for next years DWTS- I think Maura Derrane would love it, also Katherine Thomas, Blaithnid Ni Choffaigh?? by the way I am not a fan of any of these three!

I can't remember was it last year or the year before but I remember Maura used do these little dances on the show with a professional and she sement daunted by the whole thing.

I'd br think Dermot Bannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can't remember was it last year or the year before but I remember Maura used do these little dances on the show with a professional and she sement daunted by the whole thing.

I'd br think Dermot Bannon.

Dermot Bannon would dance in a glass box every week !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Dermot Bannon would dance in a glass box every week !
    Ya he should be blinded with natural light in every dance 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Congrats to Mairead. She is a deserving winner, she was consistent throughout, the bloke with her was more likeabke than the other 2 blokes in the final, so they were a very likable partnership.
    Have always liked Mairead on tv, she’s a down to earth Dublin girl yet she is naturally beautiful without having to glam herself up. She never had to lower herself to shouting her head off on tv like the insufferable Katheryn Thomas. Even when she did the family fitness show I think she wasn’t going crazy screaming and roaring like KT. Also she doesn’t be in the press talking about herself all the time.
    Last thing I will say on this thread, I told you all in advance what a horrible self-obsessed and nasty ‘celebrity’ a certain unicorn-princess whose name I cannot mention would be on this show. No doubt her social media followers will ensure she stays like this by telling her how beautiful she is. Women like this will never get married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

you can be guaranteed the usual RTE faves will be in it at one stage or the other..Des Bishop, Alison Spittle....someone like John Mullane and Nuala Carey too.

Advertisement