Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Pussyhands wrote: »
    you can be guaranteed the usual RTE faves will be in it at one stage or the other..Des Bishop, Alison Spittle....someone like John Mullane and Nuala Carey too.
    Poor ol' Des mustn't have been that memorable in series 2. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Poor ol' Des mustn't have been that memorable in series 2. :pac:

Even worse it was series 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Has it still not been officially renewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Congrats to Mairead. She is a deserving winner, she was consistent throughout, the bloke with her was more likeabke than the other 2 blokes in the final, so they were a very likable partnership.
    Have always liked Mairead on tv, she’s a down to earth Dublin girl yet she is naturally beautiful without having to glam herself up. She never had to lower herself to shouting her head off on tv like the insufferable Katheryn Thomas. Even when she did the family fitness show I think she wasn’t going crazy screaming and roaring like KT. Also she doesn’t be in the press talking about herself all the time.
    Last thing I will say on this thread, I told you all in advance what a horrible self-obsessed and nasty ‘celebrity’ a certain unicorn-princess whose name I cannot mention would be on this show. No doubt her social media followers will ensure she stays like this by telling her how beautiful she is. Women like this will never get married.
    When holly was on TV programmes on rte she was not constantly talking over people and interrupting people. Also herself and Johnny and Denis got next to no coverage compared to your multi millionaire hard working mother of 13 .

Pussyhands wrote: »
    you can be guaranteed the usual RTE faves will be in it at one stage or the other..Des Bishop, Alison Spittle....someone like John Mullane and Nuala Carey too.
    Stephanie priesler and al porter ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does anybody agree with Johnnys assessment ? I most certainely dont think it is a factor at all .

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/johnny-ward-reveals-how-mairead-14190968

Last year's winner was Dublin dancer Karen Byrne, so two out of the three champions have been Irish.

He said that the numbers added up in their favour and that was the deciding factor.

"I don’t want to come across bitter. I am dancing with Emily and she is English, Cliona is dancing with somebody who is Polish. It is like Ireland’s Got Talent and coming up against a group, the majority is going to win it," added the former Love/Hate star.

Looking back on the series. Johnny took it too seriously. Himself and Emily were constantly rehearsing. He didnt travel all around Ireland visiting community centres . Primary schools . Secondary schools and stage schools . He didn't have the money to hand out phone credits as hes a jobbing actor and not a multi millionaire. He was also coping with the death of his father whilst actually still performing on the show . His rte coverage was non existent compared to some of the other contestants as well. Have watched this show for last 3years as I love it and the thread. But after the way Johnny was treated from day one by the programme I will definitely not watch it next year.

Looking back on the series. Johnny took it too seriously. Himself and Emily were constantly rehearsing. He didnt travel all around Ireland visiting community centres . Primary schools . Secondary schools and stage schools . He didn't have the money to hand out phone credits as hes a jobbing actor and not a multi millionaire. He was also coping with the death of his father whilst actually still performing on the show . His rte coverage was non existent compared to some of the other contestants as well. Have watched this show for last 3years as I love it and the thread. But after the way Johnny was treated from day one by the programme I will definitely not watch it next year.

In what way was he treated by the programme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I know Johnny came across as very intense but he was the best dancer from the very start. It's seems to be more about who improves from the 1st night on .

In the final I thought Johnny was by far the best and most entertaining dancer. You know they're good when you find it hard to tell the difference between the professionals and the amateurs

SAMTALK wrote: »
    I know Johnny came across as very intense but he was the best dancer from the very start. It's seems to be more about who improves from the 1st night on .

In the final I thought Johnny was by far the best and most entertaining dancer. You know they're good when you find it hard to tell the difference between the professionals and the amateurs

I guess we all differ because although Johnny probably was the best dancer I didn't enjoy him as much as the girls
    He was too intense and lacked a certain joi de vivre for me . Even his smile was plastered on and he really for me never looked relaxed on the floor . For me both girls were more entertaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I guess we all differ because although Johnny probably was the best dancer I didn't enjoy him as much as the girls
    He was too intense and lacked a certain joi de vivre for me . Even his smile was plastered on and he really for me never looked relaxed on the floor . For me both girls were more entertaining

Really it's not about the best dancer when it comes down to it.

His moves were amazing and on the night with the 2 professionals I thought he was brilliant.

Would agree that he didn't looked relaxed but then last year I thought Aidan O'Mahony was very stiff looking and not very smiley either !

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    SAMTALK wrote: »

I suppose the best thing to do when your father died from cancer on Saturday and you are dancing to keep a promise to him on the following day is to plaster a smile on. Good acting skills used there I agree.

I suppose the best thing to do when your father died from cancer on Saturday and you are dancing to keep a promise to him on the following day is to plaster a smile on. Good acting skills used there I agree.

Yes he is a good actor and in fairness a very good dancer . I would guess he will get work from the exposure he had .
    And my full admiration to him for dancing for his dad, that was a brave thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Congrats to Mairead. She is a deserving winner, she was consistent throughout, the bloke with her was more likeabke than the other 2 blokes in the final, so they were a very likable partnership.
    Have always liked Mairead on tv, she’s a down to earth Dublin girl yet she is naturally beautiful without having to glam herself up. She never had to lower herself to shouting her head off on tv like the insufferable Katheryn Thomas. Even when she did the family fitness show I think she wasn’t going crazy screaming and roaring like KT. Also she doesn’t be in the press talking about herself all the time.
    Last thing I will say on this thread, I told you all in advance what a horrible self-obsessed and nasty ‘celebrity’ a certain unicorn-princess whose name I cannot mention would be on this show. No doubt her social media followers will ensure she stays like this by telling her how beautiful she is. Women like this will never get married.

You need a restraining order at this stage. This genuinely is the sort of obsessive behaviour and online chat would be stalkers and fantasists engage in. Weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's just trolling. Boring trolling at that

Anyway, strange argument from Johnny. Karen wasn't the winner, she was the pro. Although you'd swear she was the celeb, judging by her reaction.

Heroditas wrote: »

Anyway, strange argument from Johnny. Karen wasn't the winner, she was the pro. Although you'd swear she was the celeb, judging by her reaction.
    Similar to Lorraine Barry's student who won this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You need a restraining order at this stage. This genuinely is the sort of obsessive behaviour and online chat would be stalkers and fantasists engage in. Weirdo.

U must be one of the social media followers who comment on these influencers about how beautiful they are. You are even worse type of human than them. At least they are making a lot of money out of having you to worship them.

Mod: Don't post in this thread again.

Just seeing what this edit option is.
    Cheers, Man vs ManUre.

You can’t sack me. I quit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

Who is Karen again?
    What strange argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

obi604 wrote: »
    Who is Karen again?
    What strange argument?

The only Karen I know of is Karen Byrne(I think). She danced with Jake last year and maybe Darren this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

obi604 wrote: »
    Who is Karen again?
    What strange argument?

From the rsvp article.
    He stated that Emily is English yet Karen was Irish and that would have helped Jake win last year.
    It's just odd because Aidan's partner wasn't Irish and Jake last year wasn't Irish.
    I just don't know what he's actually trying to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

From the rsvp article.
    He stated that Emily is English yet Karen was Irish and that would have helped Jake win last year.
    It's just odd because Aidan's partner wasn't Irish and Jake last year wasn't Irish.
    I just don't know what he's actually trying to say.

He’s saying having an Irish pro is an advantage in terms of getting votes. It’s hardly an outrageous statement either

golfball37 wrote: »
    He’s saying having an Irish pro is an advantage in terms of getting votes. It’s hardly an outrageous statement either

Valeria who partnered Aidan is Estonian and Jake Carter is British so his point makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Johnny seems to be forgetting that he had certain, however unwanted, advantages too. His dad dying during the series definitely tugged at the heart strings of many..and i don't want to sound insensitive. Most of us on here were tearfull the night he danced after his dad died. My mam in her own words 'took a liking' to Johnny given the circumstances he performed under.

Look he's a competitive fella and his put a huge effort in, no doubt he's feeling disappointment. Also grief is probably only really hitting in now, given the hectic schedule he had with DWTS, so it's understandable that he might make a few comments he wouldn't normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

I bet David Gillick will be on next year if there is a show next year

You'd have a good stab at people who might be interested.

Jackie Tyrrell (ex Kilkenny hurler) loves himself.
    A weather forecaster like Nuala Carey, Gerry Murphy, Joanne Donnelly.
    Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.
    Sorcha Furlong (Orla Fair City) or other FC actors.
    Dermot Bannon.
    We've had 2 ex rugby scrum halves in a row. A rugby player.. Tommy Bowe would do well i'd say.
    Models.. Roz Purcell..
    Older person ala Dessie, Marty and Winnie... maybe Marty Whelan, Mary Kennedy.
    Comedian.. Neil Delamere..say he'd be like Bernard O'Shea!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Marengo wrote: »

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.
    Dermot Bannon.
    We've had 2 ex rugby scrum halves in a row. A rugby player.. Tommy Bowe would do well i'd say.
    Models.. Roz Purcell..

the ubiquitous Majella O'Donnell
    likewise Amy Huberman

Samantha Mumba must be due a comeback of some sort

Linda Martin, Twink preferably on the same series competing with each other

anyone who appears on the panel regularly on the Brendan o Connor show

the ubiquitous Majella O'Donnell
    likewise Amy Huberman

Samantha Mumba must be due a comeback of some sort

Linda Martin, Twink preferably on the same series competing with each other

anyone who appears on the panel regularly on the Brendan o Connor show

:D

Linda Martin will be 72 next month:eek: Twink is 67, same age as Eilish O'Carroll this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.
    Dermot Bannon.
    Models.. Roz Purcell..

Reckon good chance that Norma Sheehan could be on it too. She will appear on anything these days.

Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh.
    Dermot Bannon.
    Models.. Roz Purcell..

Reckon good chance that Norma Sheehan could be on it too. She will appear on anything these days.
    Brian Kennedy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Pauline McGlynn

Advertisement