Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Pauline McGlynn

Pauline McGlynn and Norma Sheehan are the same person. 2 Mrs Doyle’s for the price of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Marengo wrote: »
    the ubiquitous Majella O'Donnell
    likewise Amy Huberman

Samantha Mumba must be due a comeback of some sort

Linda Martin, Twink preferably on the same series competing with each other

anyone who appears on the panel regularly on the Brendan o Connor show

:D

Linda Martin will be 72 next month:eek: Twink is 67, same age as Eilish O'Carroll this year.
    If that's really Linda Martin's age. Well fair play to her she looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

George Mcmahon(Mondo from Fair City).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Shane Byrne, former rugby player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Shane Byrne, former rugby player.

I would've sworn he did it already!
    Did another similar rugby head do DWTSI before?

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »

Haha maybe he did?

George Hook would have been guaranteed to do it if it was a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Haha maybe he did?

George Hook would have been guaranteed to do it if it was a few years ago.

No, I Googled it and it seems Shane hasn't done it yet! I remember him from some reality TV thing though - had a look there and it seems he did a charity version of You're A Star on RTE back in the day so maybe that's what I remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

dee_mc wrote: »

Tomas O'Leary, ex Munster and Ireland scrum half, ERC winner 2008, Grand Slam 2009.

In it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The after show was great tonight . Really enjoyed the look back and the chats

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

John and Mairead will be on the Ray Darcy show tonight if ye need a DWTS fix.

• Advertisement

Will any of the numerous children be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭deisemum

Will any of the numerous children be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭kazamo

Damn, won't be able to see her, she being invisible n'all.

Hearing her is a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

Is there any end to it?!

think I’ll pass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

kazamo wrote: »

Ok you can all shoot me if you want to but I am watching Mairead and John . They said they trained 7am till 7pm seven days week for 12 weeks . I might be very old fashioned but that is a long time ( 3 months ) to be away from a tiny baby ? Am I allowed say I wouldn't do that for all the glitter balls in the world . Babys moments are so precious . But that might be just me

kazamo wrote: »

Apparently being a Dub was a disadvantage also according to Mairead ? Being female , a Dub , over 35 and a mother were all disadvantages apparently ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Apparently being a Dub was a disadvantage also according to Mairead ? Being female , a Dub , over 35 and a mother were all disadvantages apparently ?

Being from Dublin is generally a disadvantage in competitions in Ireland because Dubliners can be bad to vote we've seen this on various shows over the years.
    I never watched much Strictly but I was told by people that sometimes men won over women who dissereved to win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Mairead is already pregnant with number 4. John is the father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,343 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mairead is already pregnant with number 4. John is the father.

That would be the best story ever to be fair.:D

Being from Dublin is generally a disadvantage in competitions in Ireland because Dubliners can be bad to vote we've seen this on various shows over the years.

Gosh I have never noticed that to be honest . Mind you I have a woeful memory for facts like that anyway!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ok you can all shoot me if you want to but I am watching Mairead and John . They said they trained 7am till 7pm seven days week for 12 weeks . I might be very old fashioned but that is a long time ( 3 months ) to be away from a tiny baby ? Am I allowed say I wouldn't do that for all the glitter balls in the world . Babys moments are so precious . But that might be just me

I highly doubt they do as much as they say they do. They might have done a couple 12 hour days or did it the final week but not a chance they do as much as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Well according to the papers the show isn't coming back, so its as good as gone unless RTE get more money. Some rumors it might go to TV3

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Well according to the papers the show isn't coming back, so its as good as gone unless RTE get more money. Some rumors it might go to TV3
    How much do rte get from the voting lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So RTE need money so they are gunna snub their best programme. Virgin wont believe their luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not a lot

Enough to keep Lorraine in dresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ryaner179 wrote: »

Who gives a sh;(Re!

• Advertisement

Aww that's a shame. It's so much better than a lot of the stuff RTE are producing recently. I loved it on Winter Sunday evenings. It probably costs a bomb to make though.
    I'm so sick of Mrs Brown.

Advertisement