Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Well according to the papers the show isn't coming back, so its as good as gone unless RTE get more money. Some rumors it might go to TV3

Doubt they'll get much audience there since TV3 no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

pjohnson wrote: »
    So RTE need money so they are gunna snub their best programme. Virgin wont believe their luck.

I heard someone from RTE recently calling for an increase in the tv license fee to fund programmes such as this.
    They said it was basically unpatriotic to complain about it given that Pearse, Connolly, etc laid down their lives for the country in 1916.
    That’s right. They compared RTE/ DWTS to the fight for independence and freedom from oppression by a colonial power.

I like DWTS to be fair but this was just a teeny tiny bit bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

flazio wrote: »
    Doubt they'll get much audience there since TV3 no longer exists.

Well whatever tv3 is called now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

How much do rte get from the voting lines.

Enough to keep Lorraine in dresses!
    Her dresses are all rehashed from the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

In all seriousness I wonder how many of the dancers and behind the scenes people will stay if it goes to Virgin

Nicky is longer RTE staff so he might stay, Jennifer would most likely be gone. I don't think the rest of the people are strictly rte staff so they could move if Virgin do go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

In all seriousness I wonder how many of the dancers and behind the scenes people will stay if it goes to Virgin

Nicky is longer RTE staff so he might stay, Jennifer would most likely be gone. I don't think the rest of the people are strictly rte staff so they could move if Virgin do go for it

Most of the behind the scenes people are contractors or Shinawil staff.
    No reason for the dancers to leave if they're offered similar pay for the show

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I heard someone from RTE recently calling for an increase in the tv license fee to fund programmes such as this.
    They said it was basically unpatriotic to complain about it given that Pearse, Connolly, etc laid down their lives for the country in 1916.
    That’s right. They compared RTE/ DWTS to the fight for independence and freedom from oppression by a colonial power.

I like DWTS to be fair but this was just a teeny tiny bit bonkers

They've been looking for an increase for years. They just think this is a big enough bargaining chip. They could be left sorry now if Virgin swoop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

I hope virgin pick it up. If RTÉ reviewed their pay policy when some employees/ contractors are getting half a million for two hours work then they might have more money available.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Looks like the Strictly curse has hit again.

Johnny has broken up with his long term girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Enough to keep Lorraine in dresses!

Lorraine mentioned a couple of times this year that she was recycling old dresses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Who gives a sh;(Re!

Why are you even posting on the thread if you dont?

I think this just a bit of playing on the success of last season to get money in.....from RTE or the production company I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Looks like the Strictly curse has hit again.

Johnny has broken up with his long term girlfriend

Saw that. Wonder will he hook up with Emily now?! Seemed to have great chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now it's not a program I watch or know much about but Curtis Pritchard
    is doing Love Island!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,843 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well according to the papers the show isn't coming back, so its as good as gone unless RTE get more money. Some rumors it might go to TV3

Ran out of "stars" already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Now it's not a program I watch or know much about but Curtis Pritchard
    is doing Love Island!

Holly will be working hard with her agent to try to be brought into the show as 1 of the bombshells to lure poor Curtis into a lucrative showmance.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

How can this show not be making money. Its one set reused each week, and its a massive Sunday evening draw. The advertising revenue alone should dover it.

I understand the stars dont get a huge amount, but it raises their profile allot.

How can this show not be making money. Its one set reused each week, and its a massive Sunday evening draw. The advertising revenue alone should dover it.

I understand the stars dont get a huge amount, but it raises their profile allot.

I thought the payouts are quite large?? There are so many celebrities being paid a nice few grand per week, am sure the bigger celebrity is being paid much more?? And then the large amount of professional dancers must be getting paid well. And the show goes on for so long considering it all starts about 6 weeks before the tv show even airs.
    In fairness now all of these celebrities are being paid too much, even if they are putting in long hours in practice. Although us mere mortals would have to pay a lot of money to be whipped into shape to this degree and learn a few moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

eh, the pro's make around €3k per week, for as long as they are in that show.
    So €9k minimum, €36k maximum.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3492343/dancing-with-the-stars-producer-celebs-fee/

It hardly that much that would require an increase in television licensees, which the producers of the show previously suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Holly will be working hard with her agent to try to be brought into the show as 1 of the bombshells to lure poor Curtis into a lucrative showmance.

Il look forward to your posts on the love island thread ;)

Rfrip wrote: »
    Il look forward to your posts on the love island thread ;)

Am a big fan of love island I’ve watched it from the start.
    It’s all that is wrong with this new Instagram world and is complete trash, but so entertaining.
    I actually watched the Celebrity love island many years ago when Shane from boyzone was on it. It was great mostly due to the drunken antics of Paul Danan and the crazy psycho behavior of Sophie model can’t remember her surname.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

eh, the pro's make around €3k per week, for as long as they are in that show.
    So €9k minimum, €36k maximum.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/3492343/dancing-with-the-stars-producer-celebs-fee/

It hardly that much that would require an increase in television licensees, which the producers of the show previously suggested

It's just RTE scaremongering, trying to take advantage of a fairly successful show this year compared to previous two years. I doubt Amanda Byram was cheap.....doubtless savings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dancing with the Stars has been confirmed for another series in 2020.
    Ksenia is leaving, to be replaced by an Irish pro called Laura Nolan (doesn't seem to be any relation to John!). According to the article I read, they wanted Laura from the first series but she was focusing on her dance career at the time, but is now happy to take a break from it to do the show.
    Also read recently that an English former glamour model and reality TV "star" named Danielle Lloyd was keen to take part in the next series - she lives in the UK but comes to Dublin anyway to get her hair done so why not, like!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

I liked Ksenia a lot but I’m not surprised she’s leaving. Didn’t seem that happy the last two years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Curtis is doing panto all over Christmas and new year so he won't be available for 2020 DWTS.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I liked Ksenia a lot but I’m not surprised she’s leaving. Didn’t seem that happy the last two years imo.

Probably got to much of Marty’s battered sausage!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,843 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Delighted they are touring. Any idea how to get a presale code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Does 3 shows in the INEC count as a "tour"? Wonder will other dates and venues be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

threetrees wrote: »
    Does 3 shows in the INEC count as a "tour"? Wonder will other dates and venues be announced.

Going by the information released so far it's only in the INEC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Looks like it's just for two days.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0819/1069607-dancing-with-the-stars-live-set-for-inec-in-killarney/

Anyway, no Valeria so I'm out. :pac:

Advertisement