Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Brian's partner Laura is gorgeous. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Has to be Michael or the Priest to go first if there's any justice in the world. Can't envisage any of the women next week being worse than the pair of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I think the ladies will be quite good this year. Out of the boys so far I think only Ryan and Aidan stand a chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is Laura anything to John?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

'Coming up the back end'...and Lorraine takes a fit of laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm intrigued with the glitter in your man's hair.
    Never seen that before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I'm intrigued with the glitter in your man's hair.
    Never seen that before

He has it all the time, nothing new

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Good to see another Irish pro on - welcome to Laura!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can’t even see them properly, what is with the lighting in this show?!

This dance doesn't really show their skills tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

leahyl wrote: »

Cutbacks. RTE can't afford lights anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

leahyl wrote: »

Awful , it was impossible to see them

Also, I love Emily.

A priest dancing to Nicky Minaj.
    I've seen it all now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Who's Lisa O'Connor, 1974-2019 that the show was dedicated to?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Who's Lisa O'Connor, 1974-2019 that the show was dedicated to?

I wonder was she a member of the crew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Lisa O'Connor was a chief make-up artist on DWTS. She used to do Hughie Maughan's make-up before it went Blackface a few years back.

Sadly she died in September of last year. R.I.P. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

No Vitali this season and more importantly, no Ksenia!!! She was half the reason I watched this!

So many people in this thread are gonna be gutted about Vitali not returning.

Gutted beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well that was a fair car crash of a show..... not sure I'll last the pace, although I'll tune in next week to see if any of the girls show promise.

Ryan the jockey (of course, there always seems to be one) and Aidan streets ahead of all the rest - I was actually surprised by Aidan, expected him to be all muscle-bound like sportsmen before, but he showed promise. Although I wasn't mad about the dance itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not a bad opening show. Always the same though, far too long but it's the flagship show for RTE for the next few months so it's to be expected.
    Thought the contestans were marked in the right order although perhaps Brian should have been level with Aidan.
    The pro dance was alright but I woud have liked to see it show off the new pros a lot more and show what they can really do instead of some hip hop. For example, Laura is REALLY good.
    Anyway, it always picks up in Week 3 when they all dance together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not a great opener and not sure how they'll get to a Season 5 if these are the "celebs" that have made it on air this season. Timing was very much off in the opening sequence, can't believe they didn't reshoot as it was filmed, not live.

Your man Kai is some twat, always hogging the camera. Really dislike him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I was actually surprised by Aidan, expected him to be all muscle-bound like sportsmen before, but he showed promise. Although I wasn't mad about the dance itself.

He's not a rugby player though or a Gaelic footballer like O'Mahony or Bastic, a lot of hurlers, ex hurlers would be fairly agile, different skill set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So this is going to be 6:30-8:30pm every Sunday?

And the 1st THREE Sundays there's gonna be NO BODY ELIMINATED......

And there's a Partner Switch Up week in with there's gonna be NO BODY ELIMINATED.....

ALL the money, from ALL the weeks, including the FOUR where there's NO BODY ELIMINATED is not for charity; this is all a private enterprise.

Those texting would want to be aware of this cos your Free Texts to Any Network For Life're not going to cut it here; it's a premium rate number.

It's a shakedown by Shinawil Productions & a decent enough money spinner (Muller Rice're sponsors....I think?) for all those involved; would imagine the "celebs" get a decent cut of wonga with more if they last the pace obviously.

Every week, you're being encouraged to vote for X despite, as I say above, for FOUR weeks, there's NO BODY ELIMINATED; at least be honest with your viewership/texters & inform them of this during those four weeks instead of taking them for the schmucks they clearly are.

If this happened on a local station in America or whatever it'd be picked up on; for Shinawil & RTE they must be breaking their holes laughing at the idiots texting in every week even though it's not going to have much of an effect; it's a weekly show and by time Ep. 3 comes along where M & F all dance, Ep. 1 will've been long forgotten; by time it gets to Ep. 4, the 1st Elimination Ep. 1-3 will've been forgotten; this stuff's all on the night for a watching audience.

The fact the money's not going to charity like at least some of the hotel reality yoke they did back in 2000s with John Aldridge (Lily the Pink....) is equally embarrassing; I mean is it too much to ask that the 4 Non Elimination weeks at the very least be set aside for 4 Namd Charities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Were all the female celebs present tonight; from the shots I've seen Glenda was missing?

I know they're not on til Week 2; it would've made sense to let him click their heels til it was their turn to dance rather than dragging 'em in for Week 1.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Were all the female celebs present tonight; from the shots I've seen Glenda was missing?...........

she was present on the sofa on the far right, next to the lady off Love Island.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Glenda was there and they did a group dance - did you not watch the show?

Week 3 will be the first elimination.
    This is the pattern from the previous years. Having it over 2 weeks means the first show is not an epic long endeavour and we get a chance to meet the contestants, who, let's face it, we've mostly never heard of.

I think it's better than the way Strictly does it with a meaningless launch show 3 weeks before the proper start to the series.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is it still no dance off in Ireland for the early rounds? I find this the most stupid thing about the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not a great opener and not sure how they'll get to a Season 5 if these are the "celebs" that have made it on air this season. Timing was very much off in the opening sequence, can't believe they didn't reshoot as it was filmed, not live.

Your man Kai is some twat, always hogging the camera. Really dislike him.

As if I needed further proof:
    368100 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I like Glenda.

Advertisement