Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Crazy stuff, why there isn’t a dance-off is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭caviardreams

honeybear wrote: »
    Glenda was robbed ... models have a very bad record on this show (they all get eliminated before their time)

Glenda is more of a tv presenter now though, and would have thought she was quite popular from xpose etc. Seems genuinely sound and down to earth too tbh.

Gráinne could be next though - Ray & Michael seem to be vote getters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭sugarman20

I think a fairer way to do it would be to have a public vote for the bottom two and then the judges decide from there. Similar to what they do for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭caviardreams

leahyl wrote: »
    Crazy stuff, why there isn’t a dance-off is beyond me

It starts in a few weeks iirc from last year.

Glenda was robbed ... models have a very bad record on this show (they all get eliminated before their time)

That’s typical Irish begrudgery and because people are jealous. I really liked Glenda in this, she came across as a lovely person , in no way big headed and she was improving a lot. I’m sorry she was voted off so soon. She was even gracious in defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why don't they have a dance off for the bottom two and let the judges vote to keep one of them in like they do in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Rooting for Aidan ... he's coming across really well. Like others too

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Karen Byrne would sell her granny to get on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Trampas

Fr Ray was like he was getting a lap dance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Rfrip

That’s typical Irish begrudgery and because people are jealous. I really liked Glenda in this, she came across as a lovely person , in no way big headed and she was improving a lot. I’m sorry she was voted off so soon. She was even gracious in defeat.

I was never mad on her tbh but totally changed my opinion over after this. She came across really lovely! It’s a real pity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its a vote to save not to eliminate . People just prefer others . I prefer Grainne , I am not one iota jealous of Glenda

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Presume the “Can’t stop Dancing” programme has been ditched? Used on Friday nights and used like it. Rte cutbacks I suppose?

redbuck wrote: »

Yea she’s a bit on the pushy side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Why would a priest dye his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

redbuck wrote: »

So would John nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

So would John nolan.

Is he that bad? Thought he was fairly sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah here, Lottie Ryan is a COMPLETE jockey!! :mad: I'm hoping the voting public wakes up to her, and gives one of the actual amateurs a vote instead!

This show is driving me mad - the judges all fall over each other to heap praise on the contestants, even when they've plodded around the floor completely out of time (I'm talking in general rather than this week, I've only got as far as Lottie at this stage and I'm seething) - they're giving vaguely realistic marks, but is it completely beyond them to give something like a realistic commentary?

And still I'll watch till the end... and next week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

obi604 wrote: »

Karen is very friendly and has no problem getting selfies with kids. I admit she is a bit loud but that's just her way.

happyday wrote: »
    Lorraine's grammar is terrible. You'd expect more from a judge. "I would of liken to see..."
    That drives me absolutely NUTS :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

obi604 wrote: »

Agree ... think he seems like a lovely partner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't had much of an opinion on Glenda to be honest. They were a few stories on here that didn't paint her in the best light but she came across fine on this.

Agree ... think he seems like a lovely partner

This - surprised to hear him being spoken of in bad terms, seems like a lovely chap to me!

I haven't had much of an opinion on Glenda to be honest. They were a few stories on here that didn't paint her in the best light but she came across fine on this.

Again this - had heard bits over the years (mostly along the lines of "how dare she take our Brian") but she came across as lovely, and a decent dancer, on this. Although I wasn't impressed by tonight's dance if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Might have missed this, not following the thread or show... Is the guy from faircity not a professional dancer? I thought he was a backing dancer for jedward

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Again this - had heard bits over the years (mostly along the lines of "how dare she take our Brian") but she came across as lovely, and a decent dancer, on this. Although I wasn't impressed by tonight's dance if I'm honest.

I never heard anything about her and Brian(Is it O'driscoll or Ormond)
    Of the stories is She was in a smoking in a bar and was asked to stop and basically said. ''Don't you know who I am''.

I do think she may have been a little forgettable tonight. Judge's also marked her harsh enough.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Might have missed this, not following the thread or show... Is the guy from faircity not a professional dancer? I thought he was a backing dancer for jedward

He has some sort of dance, stage school for kids and teenagers.

He was a backing dancer for something also.

I never heard anything about her and Brian(Is it O'driscoll or Ormond)
    Of the stories is She was in a smoking in a bar and was asked to stop and basically said. ''Don't you know who I am''.

I do think she may have been a little forgettable tonight. Judge's also marked her harsh enough.

O Driscoll

I didn't think the judges marked her harshly at all. I cannot abide that contemporary ballroom at all, but done by others it's been flowing and lovely (if that's your thing) - but I thought she was very "placed" if that's the right word, and pretty jerky throughout. I thought it was her weakest dance of all.

Having said that, I can't believe she was voted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just swatched it there now. Only got to see from Looti dancing on. Looks like I missed the best songs. Will check out the repeat on Saturday for that and I will be done with this then. Its a joke. Can't believe Glenda is gone when it should really have been the Priest. I am sorry but he barely moved during his dance. Not as good as last years show either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Movie night was a bit disappointing. I hardly knew any of the big songs really - I guess they do it every year and don’t want to repeat the obvious

road_high wrote: »
    Movie night was a bit disappointing. I hardly knew any of the big songs really - I guess they do it every year and don’t want to repeat the obvious
    I thought this as well.

There's enough fecking movies out there! (And I'm as far removed from a movie buff as you can possibly imagine.

Maybe they don't want to pay the royalties on the big songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

Quite surprised Glenda was knocked out.
    Thought Dancing with the Stars followed the same format as Strictly. There doesn't seem to be any dance off though this year where the bottom two compete??

Advertisement