Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Rfrip

CFlat wrote: »
    Some poster here said they disliked her so much they hoped Fr. Ray would get through! Yeah sure, they are into dancing all right.

I am actually, who are you to say wether I am or not . It’s an opinion and as you have said yourself we are all entitled to one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

jluv wrote: »
    Because she has an advantage over others. She is undoubtedly a fantastic dancer and works hard each week on the dances but her training gives her an edge..

She is a better dancer and she works hard every week. If its a dance show, thats exactly what is expected. Shes not doing anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

She is a better dancer and she works hard every week. If its a dance show, thats exactly what is expected. Shes not doing anything wrong.

Noone said she is. It's just more difficult to invest in her when she is a trained dancer and a friend of the 2 presenters. I personally like Grainne and Aidan because they have no dance background and give excellent performances every week..

Noone said she is. It's just more difficult to invest in her when she is a trained dancer and a friend of the 2 presenters. I personally like Grainne and Aidan because they have no dance background and give excellent performances every week..

That's fine. But then that its not a dance show. Its a personality show.

In the same way people were voting for Fr Ray staying in because they liked him personally, Lottie is losing put because people don'tlike her. Its all external to the dancing and the show.

People are saying she's professionally trained. I read that article that was posted earlier in the thread. She had to give up dancing in 6th year because of an injury. Sixth year she would have been 17/18? 16 years ago? Its very harsh to be using that as an excuse for her not to win.

Its very unfortunate that she had to give it up but I can only imagine that doing DWTS is an ultimate dream come true for her. Good luck to her with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thats fine , she is a good dancer but my votes go to Aidan and Grainne who are improving and learning . If it was only a dance show we would have 10 pros but its a show where non dancers learn and improve and in the end wow us

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thats fine , she is a good dancer but my votes go to Aidan and Grainne who are improving and learning . If it was only a dance show we would have 10 pros but its a show where non dancers learn and improve and in the end wow us

She is a non dancer. Shes a showbiz reporter on 2fm.

Grand , you vote for who you like and i vote for who I like .Simple !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭fits

Because she has an advantage over others. She is undoubtedly a fantastic dancer and works hard each week on the dances but her training gives her an edge..

And yet she is not top of the pool. Ryan is outscoring her and noone is critical of him.

I just don’t like her! It’s as simple as that!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Grand , you vote for who you like and i vote for who I like .Simple !

Aren't we allowed discuss it?

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    I just don’t like her! It’s as simple as that!

Which is fine. But it makes it a show about personality so what was the problem with Fr Ray staying?

Which is fine. But it makes it a show about personality so what was the problem with Fr Ray staying?

No issue with his personality. Actually got a bit emosh last night when he gave his little speech at the end when he was voted off. He seemed to have had a ball

Lottie just on a personality level is not for me. I dont care if shes an amazing dancer or has two left feet
    And its a popularity contest after all i guess

People are saying she's professionally trained. I read that article that was posted earlier in the thread. She had to give up dancing in 6th year because of an injury. Sixth year she would have been 17/18? 16 years ago? Its very harsh to be using that as an excuse for her not to win.

If you trained as a boxer from the age of 12 to 18 and got injured, and that injury stopped you going on to train at it full-time in a different country. You'd likely not be eligible to enter a white collar boxing competition as most who do have had no prior boxing experience.

You can't dismiss her years of dancing IMO.

There's some bullsh1t with Lottie also.......

Her sister says this....
    https://evoke.ie/2020/01/28/showbiz/lottie-ryan-not-trained-dancer-bonnie
    "She is not a trained dancer. I don’t know where all of this came from, like, 99% of Ireland did stage school growing up.’

‘Even at that, it was hip hop like when we were growing up so no partner work, no ballroom dance – she’s never trained in anything like that"

But years ago...
    Indo article from 10 years ago... " Since the age of six she had trained as a dancer with the intention of going professional.

"That was what I was supposed to do," she says. "I wanted to professionally dance. I spent years doing everything, five, six days a week. I did everything, bar Irish dancing -- ballet, contemporary, jazz. I focused on hip hop, because I knew I wanted to do commercial dancing," she reflects, revealing her natural practicality.

Then, in sixth year, her lifelong dream was brought to an abrupt halt. "There were a couple of incidents; the student visa for America was turning out to be a bit of a nightmare, I got a bad injury in my hip. I ended up going, 'Crap, better fill out the CAO actually seriously,'" she recalls."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...-26688548.html

I really like Lottie and cant understand why everyone is so down on her. she's a hard worker- that much is clear.

fits wrote: »
    I really like Lottie and cant understand why everyone is so down on her. she's a hard worker- that much is clear.

If we all liked the same things it would be very boring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Augeo wrote: »
    There's some bullsh1t with Lottie also.......

Her sister says this....
    https://evoke.ie/2020/01/28/showbiz/lottie-ryan-not-trained-dancer-bonnie
    "I don’t know where all of this came from, like, 99% of Ireland did stage school ...

Some reflection of the D4 bubble!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭sugarman20

Lets be honest here, if all the dancers had no prior experience it wouldn't be a very good show. There needs to be 2/3 with a least some idea of what they are doing. Imagine they were all like Fr Ray or Mary Kennedy?

No issue with his personality. Actually got a bit emosh last night when he gave his little speech at the end when he was voted off. He seemed to have had a ball

Lottie just on a personality level is not for me. I dont care if shes an amazing dancer or has two left feet
    And its a popularity contest after all i guess

Im not saying there's an issue with Fr Rays personality. Im saying the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Sorry that Fr. Ray got booted off last night....(like most of the country it seems). He was a terrible dancer but added a bit of personality to the show.

Would like to see Aidan win now. But it looks like one of the two RTE dance robots, Ryan or Lottie will win. They have clearly benefited from having previous dance experience/stage school etc. and (in my opinion) are only in this to boost their profile/careers which I find a bit cynical.

They must be lookin enviously at how Jennifer Zamparelli started out in the Apprentice and Failte Towers....and look at her now !!!

• Advertisement

I think Jennifer has settled really well into this. She's a brilliant host.

If you trained as a boxer from the age of 12 to 18 and got injured, and that injury stopped you going on to train at it full-time in a different country. You'd likely not be eligible to enter a white collar boxing competition as most who do have had no prior boxing experience.

You can't dismiss her years of dancing IMO.

I didnt dismiss her prior dancing. I said shes not a dancer, which is correct.

To use your analogy, what would happen if you put the boxer, who trained from 12 to 18 and is 33/34 now, on a ring with a professional boxer?

To use your analogy, what would happen if you put the boxer, who trained from 12 to 18 and is 33/34 now, on a ring with a professional boxer?

The show is having non dancers compete against other non dancers. You aren't using my analogy above.
    Lottie, has significant dance training and experience, the other contestants as far as we know, don't.
    Lottie and her family are making statements now that are contrary to her own from years ago.

Iirc correctly McGregor v Mayweather would be an answer to your question, I believe Mayweather was victorious.

I really like her, she adds a bit of sarcasm too which i love! preferred her styling last year though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was delighted to see that Fr Ray went last night. He really should have been gone at least two weeks ago. Fair play to Kylee for getting him that far do. I did not watch it because he was still in it but will watch the last few episodes now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The show is having non dancers compete against other non dancers. You aren't using my analogy above.
    Lottie, has significant dance training and experience, the other contestants as far as we know, don't.
    Lottie and her family are making statements now that are contrary to her own from years ago.

Iirc correctly McGregor v Mayweather would be an answer to your question, I believe Mayweather was victorious.

McGregor v Mayweather isn't non boxer (since the age of 18) v professional boxer.

Lottie is a non dancer. The judges haven't given her a full score yet, so whatever experience she has couldn't have been as significant as all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Absolutely. She's very good and a stunner too ;)

(and I have met her in person)

I suspect Lottie in particular, could well be modelling herself on Jennifer.

McGregor v Mayweather isn't non boxer (since the age of 18) v professional boxer.

How so?
    McGregor stopped boxing in his late teens.
    .......Lottie is a non dancer. The judges haven't given her a full score yet, so whatever experience she has couldn't have been as significant as all that?

Lottie
    https://evoke.ie/2019/12/08/showbiz/lottie-ryan-dance-training
    Lottie Ryan: ‘I never trained for a career in dance’

In the first-person piece in 2015 she outlined the extent of her dance training. She said: ‘I also trained as a dancer in New York and I teach hip-hop to adults and kids at the weekend.’

You are taking a similar stance as she is with the non dancer spiel.
    Why can't she just standover her claims from years back? Was she bullsh1tting then or is she bullsh1tting now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

That's fine. But then that its not a dance show. Its a personality show.

In the same way people were voting for Fr Ray staying in because they liked him personally, Lottie is losing put because people don'tlike her. Its all external to the dancing and the show.

Its very unfortunate that she had to give it up but I can only imagine that doing DWTS is an ultimate dream come true for her. Good luck to her with it.

The same people on here who are against Lottie, for whatever reason, prob watch The Voice or X Factor or one of those type of shows. How many times on those shows have we seen ex professional singers who in some cases had record contracts in the past or in a few cases were professional backing singers for big name bands enter these shows and no one bats an eyelid.

Those cases are way worse then what Lottie Ryan's being accused of here cause they actually made their living from singing.

• Advertisement

I really like her, she adds a bit of sarcasm too which i love! preferred her styling last year though!

I like her too and she has stopped shouting so its easier on the old ears now .
    I enjoy both presenters and they work well together

Advertisement