Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Rte spared her a third dance off tonite

Feel sorry for Giulia, thought she had a good chance with her partner this year usually gets the comedy slot, she can really dance & choreograph Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Naggdefy wrote: »
    There goes the GAA theory..

FIX, FIX, FIX!!

Different clique though! :D

They should release the voting figures

Where's the KPMG fella when u need him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ah lads stop - look at things like the Facebook likes etc tonight - Lottie was quite popular on it

I think the problem is that you have a handful of people on here who appear to, in the main, agree with each other and they convince themselves that that's how everybody else in the country is thinking. It's mad stuff altogether.

Must say I didn't think she'd do it but there you go.

What I'm going to miss most is the fact that i won't see the beautiful Grainne every week.:(

Icsics wrote: »
    Something very unlikeable about Lottie & we’re going to be seeing a lot more of her, own radio show at the very least

I don't listen to RTE2 but I thought she had a radio show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Huptafuk

Lottie was selected for Dancing With The Stars because... she's a star for winning Dancing With The Stars??! Retrospective star status which will land her a well paid presenting job in RTE. Nepotism plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Rfrip

CFlat wrote: »
    I think the problem is that you have a handful of people on here who appear to, in the main, agree with each other and they convince themselves that that's how everybody else in the country is thinking. It's mad stuff altogether.

What I'm going to miss most is the fact that i won't see the beautiful Grainne every week.:(

She was in the bottom two a number of times so there was that aswell!

I think the problem is that you have a handful of people on here who appear to, in the main, agree with each other and they convince themselves that that's how everybody else in the country is thinking.

Not really seeing as the public vote, or indeed lack of it saw Lottie in two dance offs. Good dancer, but trained IMO.

Rfrip wrote: »
    She was in the bottom two a number of times so there was that aswell!

That's fair enough but some people around here calling it a fix is ridiculous. They were all excellent tonight I'd say there will be very little in it when the voting figures come out. Anyone really could have won it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They should release the voting figures

They never will, for the very same reason they'll never release them for Strictly.
    If they did, the potential contestants would see how many/few people vote for the dancers and it would deter a lot of them from taking part.

• Advertisement

I think the problem is that you have a handful of people on here who appear to, in the main, agree with each other and they convince themselves that that's how everybody else in the country is thinking.

Not really seeing as the public vote, or indeed lack of it saw Lottie in two dance offs. Good dancer, but trained IMO.

Yeah fair duce to her she really turned the public opinion around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Note to self..stop agreeing with like minded people..stop being cliquey..sorry:o
    :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Regardless of opinion.

The judges had her in the top two and when public votes were added she tumbled all the way to the bottom two.

TWICE and one of them was only a week ago.

Thats the strange sudden change in vote patterns. With a head start she crashed down and when all start at zero she gets the most?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Regardless of opinion.

The judges had her in the top two and when public votes were added she tumbled all the way to the bottom two.

TWICE and one of them was only a week ago.

Thats the strange sudden change in vote patterns. With a head start she crashed down and when all start at zero she gets the most?

It's not unprecedented. It happens quite a bit when someone is in a dance-off, they can bounce back in a major way the next week.
    Funnily enough, if the final had continued as planned next week, she may not have won!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Delighted that the best dancer won it. I voted for her twice tonight and before this week I had not voted. I do think the show tonight could have been better do. They could have had both the semi finals and the final on tonight. It was very strange it going from a quarter final straight to the Final.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted that the best dancer won it. I voted for her twice tonight and before this week I had not voted. I do think the show tonight could have been better do. They could have had both the semi finals and the final on tonight. It was very strange it going from a quarter final straight to the Final.

They only decided at noon today that they'd wrap it up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Heroditas wrote: »
    They only decided at noon today that they'd wrap it up tonight

Wow really? Fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I was surprised that Lottie won it - and then I surprised myself by how pleased I was for her.

But there's one glaring fact that I don't think has been mentioned.

Clearly LOTTIE BENEFITED FROM FR RAY'S 'TRANSFERS' :p:P:p

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

The final week of having to endure the Overbearing Lottie Ryan!! Hopefully that's the end of the Dance off Queen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Dancing with the staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dancing with the staff.

Who do you expect?

The Obama's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Who do you expect?

The Obama's!

Well they do call it dancing with stars? Never heard of any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did they announce how the other 3 placed?

I must say I noticed this year that they focused purely on the dancing.
    We didn't hear much back story about the participants which was as welcome relief.
    Remember other years and the stars would be yapping on about their kids or partners etc.
    This year I knew nothing personal about any of them.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

is this the 2nd year in a row we have member of staff win DWTS?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭fits

I voted in one of these things for the first time ever and I voted for Lottie cos I don’t like the way she is bullied online. And she was fabulous. But they all were brilliant tonight to be fair. It was a very strong final. Well done to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was working very late last night (healthcare) so didn't get to see it until very late. Once I heard Jennifer Zamparelli say "Lottie the hottie" I knew the fix was in. Her husband wouldn't even call her hot.

Not a chance she's gone from bottom 2 consitently in the alst few weeks weeks to winner. Shameless from RTE.

It's not enough that she's been gifted a "career" through nepotism, let's enrich her further, sure it's only taxpayer's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭Trampas

It’s very odd to move up 3 places in one week.

We will never know how the voting went in numbers. Just seemed strange how she could turn it around. Felt like she got a boost from hosts but expecting from work colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I was working very late last night (healthcare) so didn't get to see it until very late. Once I heard Jennifer Zamparelli say "Lottie the hottie" I knew the fix was in. Her husband wouldn't even call her hot.

Not a chance she's gone from bottom 2 consitently in the alst few weeks weeks to winner. Shameless from RTE.

It's not enough that she's been gifted a "career" through nepotism, let's enrich her further, sure it's only taxpayer's money.

Thank you and all your colleagues in health care . We all appreciate it here .
    Go raibh míle maith agat

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod Charter Reminder:
    Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors/guests that appear in your favourite soaps/tv programmes (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a 1 week ban from this forum from this point forward.

• Advertisement

Last night was just surreal and it was an awful shame that the show ended in that manner. No chance for them to repeat their favourite dance and no show dance.
    Such a pity.
    It was really eerie at the end.
    And I'll say one last thing - Nathan effing Carter for the last pro dance of the series. Christ Almighty. What a let-down.

Advertisement