Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

pc7 wrote: »
    Is Amanda wearing flats for side by sides with Nicky? Always thought she was tall and he was small, they looked the same there

It's probably a combination of that and Nicky raising his hair quiff by a few inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

pc7 wrote: »
    Is Amanda wearing flats for side by sides with Nicky? Always thought she was tall and he was small, they looked the same there

same height according to google. She probably was told to wear small heels so that she doesn't stand out.......................... they never told her to shut up though unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Dr Eva or Thalia to be first voted out.

Denise, Aidan or Aoibheann to win.

Des Cahill, Kathryn & Teresa to survive a few weeks more due to effort & likeability than ability.

Des Bishop & Dayl will probably exit earlier than some of the above despite being better dancers.

Not sure about Hughie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I hope Des stays in cause of Karen, Des is a joke
    Des is actually the most improved dancer from last week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Des is actually the most improved dancer from last week.

I like Karen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think Amanda and her crappy cliché cringey script would be better suited to American shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sound Bite wrote: »
    Dr Eva or Thalia to be first voted out.

Denise, Aidan or Aoibheann to win.

Des Cahill, Kathryn & Teresa to survive a few weeks more due to effort & likeability than ability.

Des Bishop & Dayl will probably exit earlier than some of the above despite being better dancers.
    Aidan (as much as I love him) isn't a patch on those two girls.

Dayl would be in with a far better chance if he can manage to give up pissing off the judges.

amdublin wrote: »
    I think Amanda and her crappy cliché cringey script would be better suited to American shows.
    Hasn't she been on American shows for ages? Maybe that's where she got it from.... she'd want to lose it fairly lively!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Dayl would be in with a far better chance if he can manage to give up pissing off the judges.

Totally agree but expect the female voice make carry him a little - majority of those voting will be female. Don't think he'll win but will make the final 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Its all pretty much scripted i wouldnt worry too much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It's down to the demographic of who'll watch and vote. Will grannies waste their pension? Boyband boy could do well if young girls are watching. I wouldn't bother texting even if it was free let alone 60c. Hughie could do well as he's a large community that could get behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Three weeks of voting and not one person gone yet what a joke

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I liked aoibhin the best

Btw what a boring story repeated over and over about Aoibhinn and her partner using a ball "so we had a ball" "so we used a ball" "omg the ball"

anna080 wrote: »
    Three weeks of voting and not one person gone yet what a joke

:confused:

That's the way the series always start!

Was this song not used a few times already now?

I could watch these all night

Jaysus, yer man in orange is wicked tall!

Presume he's Thalia's partner.... you don't notice so much when she's beside him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

For a few seconds, I thought the two lads sitting at either side of Amanda were going to leap up, and grab a brush.

paddy-wade-askamore-set-dancing-tutor-doing-the-brush-dance-4.jpg?w=190&h=190&crop=1

It's been used ad nauseum in the ads for the show.

• Advertisement

Morto at the judges joining in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There was less filler in tonight's show thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

There was less filler in tonight's show thankfully.

Ah poor Amanda, you can't be saying that about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Think it was in a promo ad for OT WITH Kathryn Thomas dancing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hope either eva or Hughie go tonight.

I wonder does Amanda even remember the show after it finishes or even take any notice of what is going on. She just seems like a robot reading a script with no actual natural communication with anyone around her!

Hope either eva or Hughie go tonight.
    Hughie at least has a bit of entertainment about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Des C has to go. He brings nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I wonder does Amanda even remember the show after it finishes or even take any notice of what is going on. She just seems like a robot reading a script with no actual natural communication with anyone around her!

Byram's probably powered by Alexa or Siri or something like that. Sounds like a person if you ask the right questions but veer away into something that requires interest or personality and the AI reveals itself.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't get the hate for Hughie. He is just a bit camp and erratic, but providing a bit of liveliness to the whole thing. Doesn't seem like a bad bloke at all.

Advertisement