Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I noticed that right after they finished their dance, they didn't embrace or anything, Jordan just walked away to pick up his cowboy hat lol. They were the only couple that didn't hug afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

You'll probably get a good indicator of how popular someone is by looking at the number of likes on the rte facebook page.

It's mostly middle aged people who watch this.

GAA crowd voted for O'Mahoney too. Ireland is small enough that specific regions or industries can really skew the voting.

I'd expect Nina Carberry to do well on the voting. Horse racing crowd will be voting in their droves.

I don't think Love Island guy will do well off the voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oh I’d agree, his tenure will be short-lived, but he’ll get a few weeks out of it from his Insta-followers…..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The last love island girl didn't survive the first week.

Yes.

And there were several reasons for that….she was female, he’s male (shocking I know).

Who watches Love Island? young women predominantly - and they’d be more likely to vote for a man they fancy than a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Usually the least famous of the admittedly already Z-list "stars", gets booted off first.

Cathy Kelly would have actually been probably the closest thing to some kind of famous person in her own right (ie. not an ex RTE newscaster)

I think she was just a little bit 'above it all', and the humble salt O de earths up and down the country that watch it....will only vote for blubbers 😭squealers 😳 & gigglers 🤣

Worth noting maybe. Likes count of RTE facebook page after each performance. Nina is strong favourite with the bookies at 5/2. Erica is next at 11/2

These are the likes count:

Nina: 446

Jordan Conroy: 346

Ellen Keane: 231

Grainne: 200

Nicholas Roche: 169

Billy Aslan: 161

Aengus: 146

Erica Cody: 70

Neil Delamere: 75

Missy Keating: 61

Matthew Love Island: 41

Cathy Kelly: 34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Baybay

I thought her look was a little more Kat Slater!

That’s some gap between first and second already and you can see the pattern emerging. Hers to lose almost, even at this very early stage.

I threw a tenner on to get 25 back.

She's a decent dancer, seems sound out and will have all horse racing people voting for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

My tuppence worth.

Pussyhands, I thought you were getting the remote control this week and wouldn't be tuning in ;-)

I think Nicolas is quite full of himself, even if he is fabliss looking. I didn't find Cathy that way at all, and was sorry to see her go..

Thought she danced well and was sorry to see so much weight given to public votes. She was only 8/12 by the judges voting.

I'd like Matthew to go. He's not a good dancer and is famous for appearing on Love Island, which to me is the same as being famous for BB I.e not actually famous.

Billy is one of those "salt of de urt" types that everyone seems to love, but grate on me. Annoying with the Banana "hilarious" jokes. Reminds me of Mrs Brown or something. No thanks.

I feel sorry for his dance partner, wee dote.

I do think Erica has danced before or certainly she'd be more used to moving in that rhythmic way due to performing. Also Billy Barry = having done choreographed dancing. She's great but I'd prefer someone like Jordan to win as he's actually having to learn to dance, and is reasonable at it.

It's a shame that it appears that Salome and himself aren't getting on. I wonder was he too full of himself after doing so well last week. A real pity if he turns out to be an arse.

John seems a lovely man. All the dancers seems nice tbh. (I've never watched it before)

Aongus, Grainne, Matthew, Neil can all go. Meh.

Missy, forgot about her. Jury's out for me think it's easier when you're that young. Plus I'd say Ervinas would love to be in with a chance but likely hasn't a hope ;-)

Ellen is fabulous. And I like Nina but I wish she wasn't favourite to win... Ellen or Jordan (provided he isn't a nob) to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jordan did act like a complete knob. He never thanked his dancing partner or acknowledge her in any way. I was shocked. They have clearly fallen out.

No, that was last week 😆 and you'll see I didn't comment last week.

Didn't have the remote this week but I'll have it again next weekend hopefully. :-)

Grainnes dance partner looks like a malnourished Nathan Carter. He's only 31, looks about 40.

Yeah definitely something up with Jordan and Salome. He didn't go near her when he finished the dance.

Then during the scores reveal he was literally leaning on her shoulder with his arm.

He comes across like a right prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

It was very obvious when they were talking to the judges. He comes across as insufferable,

totally full of himself. All the others thank their professional partners, but he did not even

acknowledge his....and she is brilliant. She can barely look at him! He has a lot of talent

and great rhythm...I thought he might be a potential winner, but don't think it will happen

now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Anyone who’s watched Strictly over the years will know that sometimes it’s the couple who have zero chemistry are the ones with some kind of relationship building. You’d just never know what could be the meaning behind him not embracing her. Or maybe he’s just not the faux affection kind of guy. He could also have girlfriend who’s told him not to get too close to Salome!

They obviously have some kind of craic in training if he’s been teaching her our sayings with an Irish accent. They seemed at ease with each other when Nicky chatted to them when he was going around the couples after they’d all danced.

Post edited by DebDynamite on

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Matthew much better this week.....quite cute really....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh wow Nina has such presence

Love Nina but hated that! Music dreadful. Not their fault I suspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Gosh I like Nina but that wasn’t great . I thought her legs looked too bent

Samba difficult...hope Ellen gets it right.....

Not bad at all!

The paso suits Billy :) Counting his way through it....I'd be the same.

Oh....Lorraine didn't like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This cha cha cha should be good

• Advertisement

Desperate music for a cha cha cha...though I thought the characterisation was good.

Advertisement