Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw that's such a shame.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd have liked to see his Charleston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Dr Ava should have gone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭quartz1

That's a bit harsh in fairness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Dr Ava should have gone instead.

lets call her Eva Orsmond had to google her, and remove the mystique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well I wasn't a fan of Hughie whatsoever but fair play to him for being so gracious in defeat.
    Eva to go next character-wise but she danced well tonight so I suppose I have to give her a pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That is all very strange. He probably is the most talked about contestant so it is strange why he didn't attract votes, If it was vote to omit, I would understand it but vote to go through,seems strange he didn't attract votes.

Something strange about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Delighted he's gone, he was hard to stomach with all the constant attention seeking. Obviously im not the only one, as its backfired.
    Show will be easier to watch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

While I know a lot of jokes were made by myself and others about Hughie and tangate, in all seriousness and fairness I really think that he improved his game enough this week that he deserved to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What was the point of having Thalia in the final three if it was in no particular order? There was no way she'd be eliminated tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I may be wrong,but I think he said during the week that he felt RTE were trying to get him voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

duridian wrote: »
    While I know a lot of jokes were made by myself and others about Hughie and tangate, in all seriousness and fairness I really think that he improved his game enough this week that he deserved to go through.

Well if we've learned one thing from the BBC show, it's that it's not all (or even remotely) about the dancing!
    What was the point of having Thalia in the final three if it was in no particular order? There was no way she'd be eliminated tonight.

If you'd asked me before the show, or after they'd all danced, I'd have bet money that there was no way Hughie would be eliminated either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

That is all very strange. He probably is the most talked about contestant so it is strange why he didn't attract votes, If it was vote to omit, I would understand it but vote to go through,seems strange he didn't attract votes.

Something strange about that.

Perhaps he was right about the show runners wanting rid of him.. Who oversees the televoting on shows such as this? Can't be that hard to rig a software system that counts the votes if there isn't some kind of independent monitoring like with KPMG and the lotteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I may be wrong,but I think he said during the week that he felt RTE were trying to get him voted out.
    Typical statement from him. It's an outside company that monitor the votes.

Perhaps he was right about the show runners wanting rid of him.. Who oversees the televoting on shows such as this? Can't be that hard to rig a software system that counts the votes if there isn't some kind of independent monitoring like with KPMG and the lotteries.
    I was only wondering if there was a Noddy to oversee the voting process!

I know it sounds like an excuse but for once I honestly think there is something very fishy about him going tonight I thought RTE making a big deal to distance themselves away from the whole tan thing and "defending" their make up team was bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Good enough for him....if he had to concentrate more on the dancing than the tan he might have stayed.

God I'm in wild bad form tonight...

Gutted for his partner though.....she seemed very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Typical statement from him. It's an outside company that monitor the votes.

I did say I may be wrong,and it was the vote monitoring company and not RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I disagree, I think Thalia is going to go home before she should because unfortunately, in these competitions, women don't support good looking young women in enough numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

He says he didn't say that.

The article quoted a friend saying he said it.

• Advertisement

368100 wrote: »
    Good enough for him....if he had to concentrate more on the dancing than the tan he might have stayed.

he wasn't dancing last week. And when he was dancing he looked like he put in a fair bit of work practicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thought Thalia's rhumba was terrific. Sad to see Hughie go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Amanda better tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

368100 wrote: »

he wasn't dancing last week. And when he was dancing he looked like he put in a fair bit of work practicing.
    No . He was tanning last week. !

PopTarts wrote: »
    He says he didn't say that.

The article quoted a friend saying he said it.

Too difficult.

*head explodes*
    honeybear wrote: »
    Amanda better tonight

Eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭golfball37

Des Cahill is embarrassing. His score of 18 was unprofessional from the judges. Did we Irish still feel sorry for people enough to be simpletons when it comes to something that says it's meant to be competitive.
    Oh and Amanda Byram is awful. I'll give it one more week

I disagree, I think Thalia is going to go home before she should because unfortunately, in these competitions, women don't support good looking young women in enough numbers.

True, but if the results were in no particular order, there would have been more suspense in having Teresa Mannion or Des Cahill along with Hughie and Eva in the final three. Thalia might go home sooner rather than later but her chances of going home on the first night were remote enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

True, but if the results were in no particular order, there would have been more suspense in having Teresa Mannion or Des Cahill along with Hughie and Eva in the final three. Thalia might go home sooner rather than later but her chances of going home on the first night were remote enough.
    I feel it was done to create anxiety. When Des C was saved it would have been a shock to the remaining contestants and their supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Hughie was hoping he'd stay I think it is his OH Ryan's fault he got less votes

• Advertisement

I feel it was done to create anxiety. When Des C was saved it would have been a shock to the remaining contestants and their supporters.

But for all we know, Des could have been close to the bottom of the voting results, so announcing him as being saved doesn't amount to much. Only speaking from my own point of view, but I discounted Thalia as a serious possibility for elimination and put it down to a Hughie/Eva shoot out. If they had Teresa or Des in the final 3, it would have added to the suspense.

We'll agree to disagree ;)

Advertisement