Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would Hughie have stayed if it went to dance off like UK and US shows

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would Hughie have stayed if it went to dance off like UK and US shows
    Don't think so.

Don't think so.

Over Dr. Evil maybe no?

Don't think so.

Over Dr. Evil maybe no?
    She will defo be out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Still don't get all the hate for Amanda...she doesn't write the bloody script, and when she is reacting to the couples after their dance, I like her.

The right person went, and I thought it was hilarious how shocked he was! He really presumed he would go far, but in reality a large part of the demographic haven't a clue who he is and would now only know him as the guy who f*cked up his tan on purpose for attention and announced to all that he is only on it for a laugh. How could he be popular after that?

I love, love Aoibhin and Vitali! How did I not spot him in week 1!:eek:

The good are really good! Teresa to go next, then Dr. Eva. As for Des, I love his partner so if she brings out something in him I'd like them to hang around for a while.

I'm enjoying it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

sadie06 wrote: »
    Still don't get all the hate for Amanda...she doesn't write the bloody script, and when she is reacting to the couples after their dance, I like her.

She might write the script... The expose ladies for example write their own scripts...

Does writer come up on the credits I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Did I see something about texts to vote costing 60cent? Or did I imagine that.

I only have half watched any of the programmes so far. It's going to be down to who has the most friends / family /whatever prepared to spend money voting, will win, as opposed to who is actually the best dancer.

In which case Des Cahill could win :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah I think on the small print on screen I saw 60c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Only a matter of time before he plays the minority card as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Heroditas wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before he plays the minority card as well.
    Based on the colour of his skin?;)

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭golfball37

368100 wrote: »

It does seem strange how they allocate the votes with weighting. If he wasn't in bottom three of judges it would make it almost impossible to be eliminated.
    If they have nothing to hide they should release the method at the very least without breaking any "commercial sensitivites"

I had no doubt that the first one eliminated would be an RTE outsider.

golfball37 wrote: »
    It does seem strange how they allocate the votes with weighting. If he wasn't in bottom three of judges it would make it almost impossible to be eliminated.
    If they have nothing to hide they should release the method at the very least without breaking any "commercial sensitivites"

Agreed but it is a format purchased from BBC....and only difference seems to be no dance off...

Hughie just being a sore loser.....the bit at the end where he complains about other contestants being frosty with him....what did he expect? If it were me in the lineup with him I would have done the same for making a mockery of the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I didn't know Hughie prior to seeing him on this.(I did hear about him).
    During the first week his dancing was poor and his attitude to learning was poor.
    Then in week two he just covered himself in tan and tried to blame the make-up artist when he looked awful.
    I think he taught getting all the attention would get him votes but t back fired on him.
    In these programmes generally country people are better to vote than city people and his suppers were more urban in my experience.
    I did think however he'd have got a traveller vote. Kelly in the voice got great support of the travelling community but I didn't feel it was their for him.
    I was actually happy he went didn't see his appeal at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

golfball37 wrote: »

Agreed but it is a format purchased from BBC....and only difference seems to be no dance off...

Hughie just being a sore loser.....the bit at the end where he complains about other contestants being frosty with him....what did he expect? If it were me in the lineup with him I would have done the same for making a mockery of the show...

It's still not nice. I don't think he made a mockery of the show at all. In fact probably increased their viewership substantially. Look at the media reaction from the fact he wore a bit of fake tan. Any other show would love to keep a contestant like him in

It's still not nice. I don't think he made a mockery of the show at all. In fact probably increased their viewership substantially. Look at the media reaction from the fact he wore a bit of fake tan. Any other show would love to keep a contestant like him in

Never believe your own publicity.....you can't or you'll start believing that you're better than you really are.....sounds apt

I expect Hughie and his partner Ryan to show up on the LLS or Ray Darcy soon better if it was Tommy T's show

I expect Hughie and his partner Ryan to show up on the LLS or Ray Darcy soon better if it was Tommy T's show
    No. Not at all. It will be some tv3 show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Hughie definitely deserved to stay over Des Cahill. The judges are going ridiculously easy on Des C. They didn't give him one criticism and he was TERRIBLE.

No. Not at all. It will be some tv3 show.

He is on Xpose sometimes as their BB expert maybe now he can take over as their tanning expert :p

• Advertisement

Never believe your own publicity.....you can't or you'll start believing that you're better than you really are.....sounds apt

I don't think this is what it is though. RTE used the whole tanning thing to their benefit and then dumped him under a bus and distanced themselves from him because there were a small percentage of ridiculous negative feedback re "blackface" or whatever it is from internet simpletons.
    . They made public announcements saying they had no part in his tanning as if it was something they didn't condone or something they feel was bad.
    They could have at least made a joke about it through the media or during the show but all they wanted from the furore and frenzy were the publicity and the extra viewers but not to be implicated or associated with it.

Hughie was most definitely better than a few of those that got through, he also brought more to the show, got higher judge votes etc.

I genuinely think there is something suspicious behind his exit. Regardless, he was treated badly after what was simply a humourous incident and nothing more.

pilly wrote: »
    Hughie definitely deserved to stay over Des Cahill. The judges are going ridiculously easy on Des C. They didn't give him one criticism and he was TERRIBLE.

I think what the judges liked about Des is they can see he's trying his best compared to Hughie who in the first episode didn't really seem to listen to the professional and just wanted to do his wiggle on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ok maybe it's been answered earlier, if it has then sorry....but why is there no dance off on this show?
    That's often the best part on Strictly, weird than our version doesn't have it.

Stevecw wrote:
    Ok maybe it's been answered earlier, if it has then sorry....but why is there no dance off on this show? That's often the best part on Strictly, weird than our version doesn't have it.

Especially as it's 2 hours long!

Stevecw wrote: »
    Ok maybe it's been answered earlier, if it has then sorry....but why is there no dance off on this show?
    That's often the best part on Strictly, weird than our version doesn't have it.

I think they'll introduce it in a few weeks and during the week leading up to it they'll be saying there's a twist!
    This week is movie night!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This week Des C is doing a salsa :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote:
    This week Des C is doing a salsa

I just cringe even hearing that!

pilly wrote: »

I think what the judges liked about Des is they can see he's trying his best compared to Hughie who in the first episode didn't really seem to listen to the professional and just wanted to do his wiggle on stage.

The judges marked Hughie OK though?!

Yeah but gave Des about the same? Doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement

Des should be getting 4's at best imo, he's literally walking around the dance floor at times.

Advertisement