Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Does anyone ever vote, i never do

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, I'm so SICK of this Room to Improve promo :mad::mad:

I'm in a bad humour for the night now after that :mad:

Hopefully The Jump might cheer me up a bit - a few broken limbs might be a bit of light relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Does anyone ever vote, i never do

Saw the cost of competition text is 2euro

• Registered Users Posts: 56,180 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Fair City can get 2 hours per week, anything is possible!

DWTS also gets a rake of tv and radio slots during the week also. RTE are really milking it

Yes, spread over 4 days, and FC is a ball of entertainment compared to to this absolute garbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

What's the point in hiring 3 professional dance instructors to give comment on the dancers and then let fu cking egits with mobile phones who wouldn't know a cha cha from chandelier decide who stays and who goes home.

I may be taking this too seriously.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, spread over 4 days, and FC is a ball of entertainment compared to to this absolute garbage!

Nobody's forcing you to watch, you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

honeybear wrote: »
    Saw the cost of competition text is 2euro

Crikey they are milking it a bit aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

honeybear wrote: »
    Totally wrong

Did you vote?!! It is a voting contest, Des C is the joke act, Teresa has lots of votes from the cancer community I would imagine and family and friends, Kerry people stick together and being a top footballer and a Garda he woyld have plenty of contacts, Boyband will obviously have a following, Aoibheann is the best dancer, Katherine and Denise giving their all and are very likeable and have plenty of family friends.

I just don;t think Des Bishop is that popular in Ireland anymore, personality wise

CFlat wrote: »
    What's the point in hiring 3 professional dance instructors to give comment on the dancers and then let fu cking egits with mobile phones who wouldn't know a cha cha from chandelier decide who stays and who goes home.

:D

I think judges underscored Red Rock actress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Hitler was a great dancer I'd don't think people would vote for him because of his personality. I think this was Des Bishops biggest problem!

Did you vote?!! It is a voting contest, Des C is the joke act, Teresa has lots of votes from the cancer community I would imagine and family and friends, Kerry people stick together and being a top footballer and a Garda he woyld have plenty of contacts, Boyband will obviously have a following, Aoibheann is the best dancer, Katherine and Denise giving their all and are very likeable and have plenty of family friends.

I just don;t think Des Bishop is that popular in Ireland anymore, personality wise

I think that the problem a lot of us have , its a popularity contest not a dacing comp as it should be. Like him or not and I'm not fond of him I could not sit here and say Des B was a bad and deserved to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,180 ✭✭✭✭walshb

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nobody's forcing you to watch, you know!

Actually, they kind of are. The better half watches it, and unfortunately we only have on television.

I think that the problem a lot of us have , its a popularity contest not a dacing comp as it should be. Like him or not and I'm not fond of him I could not sit here and say Des B was a bad and deserved to go home.

It is reality tv though? Surely you arent shocked that Des C is getting through every week. He will probably be in the last 4 I reckon. RTE need him there also..........so he would be getting a few votes funded by our licence I would be quiet confident in saying!

It is reality tv though? Surely you arent shocked that Des C is getting through every week. He will probably be in the last 4 I reckon. RTE need him there also..........so he would be getting a few votes funded by our licence I would be quiet confident in saying!

Oh not in the least bit shocked no.

Everybody I know can't stand him, so thrilled to see him go and I used love Des Bishop!

I don't like Des Bishop at all but he wasn't the worst there tonight by a long shot.

Pressure will come on Des C to bow out, I guarantee it. It will hurt whatever credibility he has left staying in with such appalling performances and he won't want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's Ed Balls all over again

Autosport wrote: »
    John Sargent was the original and best worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    John Sargent was the original and best worst!

I couldn't think of his name. I knew there was more than 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I can't warm to aoibhin at all..she just seems so goody goody

• Advertisement

Ed Balls was entertaining and improved as the show progressed-look at the number of hits he got on YouTube gangnam "performance".

Rfrip wrote: »

I think she seems genuine-I can't warm to Denise and thought that she danced beautifully tonight. Think her partners argumentative nature might cost her

Rfrip wrote: »

In my imagination she isn't such!

Far too seriously :D The joker acts never win either going by strictly so its just someone who probably wasnt going to win going out is all

I couldn't think of his name. I knew there was more than 1

Poor John. He left the show bec the better dancers were getting kicked off before him. He was lovely

fardoun wrote: »
    The nepotism of rte!
    they plug and rehab your so called celebrities DWTS is either corrupt or fatally flawed .. is it a dancing competition? .. voting des cahill is brexit or trump like idiocy
    Thankfully i haven't spent a cent voting .. mm does that disenfranchise me ...but it might sound good publicity but the organizers of dwts and by association rte (& of course their benificiaries des & teresa) should be mortified (based on the way that they eliminate and contrast with the more equitable and better run BBC equivalent)

ultimately its the viewer who stands indited - the dances are a facade it really has more common with the banality of a trashy reality tv show - and in that sense the hapless viewer should have something better to do with their time
    and on that basis wont watch this trash again

Gosh, that was quite a rant.

Some punctuation might mean I'd have actually read it!

I dont get it, its not like the show has sprung a surprise on anyone. Its a half dancing, half popularity contest. If people want to spend 2 euro to watch Dessie dance each week more power to them. What is there to be getting mad about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Des Bishop this week as per my NostrDancemus scientific prediction a few weeks back :D

Bravo! Fair play! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Hi all,

Haven't read any of the posts as I was at the show last night and am working now, so just a quick check in. I can tell you the whole audience we shocked at Des Bishop's exit. There was a very strange atmosphere afterwards and visible irritation by some of the pros. In fairness to Des C and his partner, he looked mortified and she looked upset.

Overall, I had a blast, and the whole thing runs like clockwork. Seriously, it's such a well oiled machine. We were very impressed!

Also, I got my photo taken with Vitali. I am 42! I was ridiculously stalker like...never done anything like that before. He is absolutely gorgeous and also very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Its down to popularity really. Des C is the most popular of them all and in fairness there is something likable about him

However, it is now making a joke of the dancers that are left. We all know that Des B is a better dancer than Des C but voting is been done on popularity.
    I think Des C is embarrassed at this stage and in fairness who wants to be the joke act.

Advertisement