Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

DFI (DanceSports Federation Ireland) have been encouraging their members to vote for the Irish pros (John, Karen and previously Sean). I wonder if that is having a significant effect on the results. Quite funny if it turns out that people are voting to keep the pros in rather than the "celebs" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I have time to post now. Just a few thoughts from last night for anyone interested:

I've been defending Amanda on this thread, and I'll continue after last night. She is so bloody professional! She seems lovely also...chatted away to the judges during commercial breaks, and chatted away to the audience members she was placed between for the segment where she is sitting down. She just has such an air of calm from start to finish.

There seems to be zero stress or nerves amongst the hosts and the crew. It all just happens....very calm during commercial breaks, great cues for the audience to start clapping etc.

The group dance is recorded before the show, in case they need another take (which they didn't) and it is 100% choreographed to look good on camera. It looked so much better on playback on the big screens, and later on the TV than it did to us in the audience. A lot of thought and talent needed to produce the end result.

So many of the female pros have the figure of young girls. Honestly, they are so petite, yet look curvy on screen.

There seems to be great friendships and encouragement between the contestants. We could hear some sort of group huddle just before the show went live, like a football team would do.

Ryan's comment about others 'going on to youtube and stealing choreography' left people gobsmacked and the judges exchanged looks. I noticed Vitali was openly annoyed when I watched it back. I feel bad for Denise that she is paired with such a git!

There is a giant poster beside the cloakroom in the waiting area (I actually can't find it online at all) and the girl taking our coats joked that the first three went in the order they are on the poster, and that Des B would be next if so! Wasn't so funny 2 hours later. Everyone was taking a photo of it on the way out, and even two of the pro dancers joined in saying it was strange.

I have a dodgy photo of it myself...I'll try to put it up. Nonsense I'm sure, but adds a bit of intrigue.:D

Everyone was gutted for Des. He was by far the most pumped up celebrity of the night. He was just so into it! Exchanged a bit of banter with the audience any time he could. He was loving it! It's a real shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Must say, I was really taken by surprise to see Des go - but then, I didn't want to see any of them go. At this stage, it's sad that someone has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sadie06 wrote: »
    I have time to post now. Just a few thoughts from last night for anyone interested:

I've been defending Amanda on this thread, and I'll continue after last night. She is so bloody professional! She seems lovely also...chatted away to the judges during commercial breaks, and chatted away to the audience members she was placed between for the segment where she is sitting down. She just has such an air of calm from start to finish.

There seems to be zero stress or nerves amongst the hosts and the crew. It all just happens....very calm during commercial breaks, great cues for the audience to start clapping etc.

The group dance is recorded before the show, in case they need another take (which they didn't) and it is 100% choreographed to look good on camera. It looked so much better on playback on the big screens, and later on the TV than it did to us in the audience. A lot of thought and talent needed to produce the end result.

So many of the female pros have the figure of young girls. Honestly, they are so petite, yet look curvy on screen.

There seems to be great friendships and encouragement between the contestants. We could here some sort of group huddle just before the show went live, like a football team would do.

Ryan's comment about others 'going on to youtube and stealing choreography' left people gobsmacked and the judges exchanged looks. I noticed Vitali was openly annoyed when I watched it back. I feel bad for Denise that she is paired with such a git!

There is a giant poster beside the cloakroom in the waiting area (I actually can't find it online at all) and the girl taking our coats joked that the first three went in the order they are on the poster, and that Des B would be next if so! Wasn't so funny 2 hours later. Everyone was taking a photo of it on the way out, and even two of the pro dancers joined in saying it was strange.

I have a dodgy photo of it myself...I'll try to put it up. Nonsense I'm sure, but adds a bit of intrigue.:D

Everyone was gutted for Des. He was by far the most pumped up celebrity of the night. He was just so into it! Exchanged a bit of banter with the audience any time he could. He was loving it! It's a real shame.
    Love the inside info-thanks!!!
    I think that Amanda has improved. Nicky is good too

One final thing...I just read back the posts from last night when you were all watching it. Amanda's apology for Des was nothing to do with the Lady GaGa joke.

Maybe it didn't come across as loud on TV, but when Brian praised his cape- work and said it was much better than the 'fly-swatting by another Des a few weeks ago' Des B said 'Don't criticise the old guys asshole' or words to that effect...completely joking but still, it's a family show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I saw a Facebook post DesC put up earlier today. He said he felt guilty and mortified that the other Des had been voted out before him, having been the superior dancer, and also said that when he saw who was in the bottom 3 with him he assumed he was going home and was shocked when he heard 'Bishop' and not 'Cahill'.
    He also mentioned that he's had a heavy cold and as of today is now on antibiotics - I did wonder whether he'll use this as an excuse to step down? Without a 'dance-off' he'll almost certainly end up in the final and I think he'd be embarrassed to win it on popularity alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

There seems to be great friendships and encouragement between the contestants. We could hear some sort of group huddle just before the show went live, like a football team would do.

Thanks for the report!

Can I ask how you got tickets? Are they available for the general public - I'd love to go

Thanks for the report!

Can I ask how you got tickets? Are they available for the general public - I'd love to go

Hi there. I was taken by a friend who worked on the production in the build up to it. She was allocated four tickets. From what I could see friends and family of the contestants take up a large chunk of the audience, and attend week after week. We met a lady on the way in that was there for her fourth week in a row as a guest of a contestant. I'm not sure if there is open applications for tickets.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

dee_mc wrote: »
    I saw a Facebook post DesC put up earlier today. He said he felt guilty and mortified that the other Des had been voted out before him, having been the superior dancer, and also said that when he saw who was in the bottom 3 with him he assumed he was going home and was shocked when he heard 'Bishop' and not 'Cahill'.
    He also mentioned that he's had a heavy cold and as of today is now on antibiotics - I did wonder whether he'll use this as an excuse to step down? Without a 'dance-off' he'll almost certainly end up in the final and I think he'd be embarrassed to win it on popularity alone.

I've attached the post, couldn't copy and paste for some reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go out now, especially with the judges' comments this week. He looked pretty upset while hearing them. Though, I don't want to see him go personally! There's a bit of fun to him IMO. I am surprised that Des went before Teresa though. She must be the next one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,180 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I assume Des and his partner now get an appearance on the Late Late?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If he can't take part, he should be eliminated. I always thought it was quite unfair when someone in Strictly misses a week yet gets a free pass into the next week. Even maybe combine the scores from this week and next week and eliminate two people next week and postpone an elimination this week, or something like that...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Heroditas wrote: »
    If he can't take part, he should be eliminated. I always thought it was quite unfair when someone in Strictly misses a week yet gets a free pass into the next week. Even maybe combine the scores from this week and next week and eliminate two people next week and postpone an elimination this week, or something like that...

I'm pretty sure that there's no elimination this week anyway due to the swapping partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Des should get his calf massaged, a couple of saunas for he's sinus, soldier on with the conjunctivitis and have a Lemsip. He'll be as right as rain. Whatever happened to 'the show must go on' Looking forward to Sunday night I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunday spoilers!

Des Cahill will be saying goodbye to Karen Byrne for one week only and Ksenia Zsikhotska will be helping him samba his way around the floor to Quando, Quando, Quando by Engelbert Humperdinck.
    Denise McCormack will be partnering up with John Nolan to perform a Viennese Waltz to Powerful by Major Lazer featuring Ellie Goulding and Tarrus Riley
    Katherine Lynch and Vitali Kozmin hope to be a match made in heaven on Sunday as they take on the Paso Doble to O Fortuna by Carl Orff.
    Dayl Cronin has proven himself for fast dances but will have to find out if he can keep up with Valeria Milova when they Salsa this weekend to Give Me Everything by Pitbull.
    Aoibhin Garrihy will look to remain top of the judges’ leaderboard with new partner Kai Widdrington when they foxtrot to Big Bad Handsome Man by Imelda May.
    Aidan O’Mahony will be performing the samba with Karen Byrne to Mas Que Nada.
    While Teresa Mannion and Ryan McShane will be jiving to Tutti Frutti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The two little children giving the jive demo were cute. The little girl, I thought, looked uncomfortable with some of her lines. Too advanced for a child of her age i.e. American history of jive. They sure could move.

Sad to see Des B's "best bits" - he was so into it and then, unfortunately, got voted off. After his disappointment wears off, he will look back on his six weeks as a great fun experience.

Ryan and Teresa....so funny! Surely his true colours will show even more with such a poor dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryan and Teresa....so funny! Surely his true colours will show even more with such a poor dancer.

I think they were paired just to wind him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Evening folks.
    I enjoyed that opening number. I see Des C got his wish to dance with Vitaly fulfilled. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

God I had actually forgotten all about Julian until they mentioned him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loved Nicky joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not even one dance done and the competition is getting plugged and an ad break.

FFS.

Will definitely be switching to The Jump when it starts and watching this on playback, skipping all the bloody promotion stuff. Will probably take me all of about 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Oh Chr1st....it's Amanda, from the Adams Family.....

She's not a bad looking bird...but ffs what's with the lipstick? I'd have done a better job blindfolded on roller-coaster....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

New judge is way better that julian, hope he stays

exaisle wrote: »
    That lipstick is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It annoys me to see Des Cahill still in the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did I hear the voice over intro correct?
    'Amanda Byrne and Nicky Byram'.
    Was that a tongue in cheek reference to switch up week??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

exaisle wrote: »

Must be Wednesday's big sister, Sunday Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Did I hear the voice over intro correct?
    'Amanda Byrne and Nicky Byram'.
    Was that a tongue in cheek reference to switch up week??

Yeah I thought I had just misheard the names

• Advertisement

Poor Des looked tortured in that VT :eek:

Advertisement