Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

I hope we get to see Teresa dance one more time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Ahhhh at least her sons are there for her tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I honestly don't think Theresa improved one iota??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

pc7 wrote: »
    Ryan is the reason she's in the dance off, he's a plonker, even the dance opening was all about him

Said in an earlier show, he could cost her

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

cONFUSED.

sHE IS GONE.
    That's good, she's crap .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Missed the start, is the George Hook judge gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I hope we get to see Teresa dance one more time!

Ah stahhpp no. I can't look at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Wax on, wax off...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh dear lord I thought he was going to drop her!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

He is doing an British accent now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

He's become an ambassador for Marlboro cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

See y'all later folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, I nearly caught up!

But at least it answered the question re Denise's dance - there was a LOT less shuffling around the place this time - which begs the question, why didn't the judges pick up on her mistakes first time round :confused:

She sounds terrified being interviewed!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭cathy427

Nickys primary school teacher way of ordering them to their spots (before the judges decision ) just shows, yet again, how he is not a natural presenter.
    Needed to learn the trade before being at the top end.
    IMHO he is the same on the radio - without Jenny he just reads the autocues and hasn't a clue.

cathy427 wrote: »
    Nickys primary school teacher way of ordering them to their spots (before the judges decision ) just shows, yet again, how he is not a natural presenter.
    Needed to learn the trade before being at the top end.
    IMHO he is the same on the radio - without Jenny he just reads the autocues and hasn't a clue.
    I won't hear a word against Nicky - he's the best (well, one of the better) thing about this show! Easily the most natural on screen, along with Darren (I don't wish a minute's misfortune on Julian, but please let him not be fit to return before the end of the series).

What I boggled at was the hasty rearranging of the successful dancers behind the final three while the tension drum-beats were going - surely to God, given the plethora of choreographers involved in the show, someone could have given five minutes to that??? :confused:

Can we all just give a silent prayer of thanks for the dance-off? Finally, there was a bit of justice in the results - again, no harm to Teresa, but she really wasn't at the races, her time had come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

With Darren instead of yer man....and a dance off....the show has gained a lot more credibility......I've even started warming to Lorraine....I think she's settled into the judges role nicely....and Brian was always good imo.

If only we could press a reset button and have the show play out again with these changes .......thalia would still be in.

But I'll be happy if they just keep Darren.....please please let it happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I agree re Lorraine. Her improvement has a lot to do with running out of awful cliche jokes I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Gawd, Roisin O is the spit of her mother!
    I thought Róisín O had a look of Sharon Stone about her.

Roisin+O+Ef3A2Qhs4nVm.jpg

sharon-stone-hairstyle.jpg

Christ, that is one deeply unflattering picture of her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,182 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Surely the point of a dance off is two new dances to be performed by the bottom two??

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Gawd, Roisin O is the spit of her mother!

Eh.... No

Surely the point of a dance off is two new dances to be performed by the bottom two??
    Are you new to this?

No.....the point is to give the bottom two another chance to redeem themselves against any mistakes they might have made earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If they were to do a different dance in the dance off they'd need to change costumes as well!

368100 wrote: »

No.....the point is to give the bottom two another chance to redeem themselves against any mistakes they might have made earlier.
    I don't agree with that.. There's very little room for surprise and something to pull out of the bag as a saving grace.

I don't agree with that.. There's very little room for surprise and something to pull out of the bag as a saving grace.

In fairness....I've done a bit of dancing and learning one routine every week would be a challenge never mind two.....maybe not for the stronger dancers but certainly for the weaker.

Wouldn't make sense to learn two just in case ......or what could they do? Keep a dance in reserve the whole way through the series? Practising it every week just in case they land in bottom you? Nonsensical.

I take it you don't watch strictly? Dance off format like this has worked very well for years.

368100 wrote: »
    In fairness....I've done a bit of dancing and learning one routine every week would be a challenge never mind two.....maybe not for the stronger dancers but certainly for the weaker.

Wouldn't make sense to learn two just in case ......or what could they do? Keep a dance in reserve the whole way through the series? Practising it every week just in case they land in bottom you? Nonsensical.

I take it you don't watch strictly? Dance off format like this has worked very well for years.
    I just feel there is no element of surprise here.. Just a rehash of the earlier performance.. Every week we will know who is going home as there isn't room for any wow save me factor in the dance off. :eek:

I just feel there is no element of surprise here.. Just a rehash of the earlier performance.. Every week we will know who is going home as there isn't room for any wow save me factor in the dance off. :eek:
    Well in fairness with no dance-off we've so far lost Des Bishop, Thalia Heffernan, and other dancers FAR better than Teresa or Des Cahill - so there has been a surprise element, just not in a good way!

They had to introduce some element of sanity to proceedings or it would have turned into total farce.

And if you've watched Strictly Come Dancing at all, this has always been the way when there's been a dance-off.

What I'd dearly love to know is if the RTE producers didn't initially intend to have a dance-off, and saw the imminent prospect of it becoming a total popularity/who's-got-the-biggest-voting-fanbase contest, and hastily wrote one into the script!

Maybe not in a bottom two like tonight....but a bottom two of equal ability has the potential to surprise.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion by all means....I just don't think a different dance off dance would work.....or be fair for that matter

• Advertisement

Well in fairness with no dance-off we've so far lost Des Bishop, Thalia Heffernan, and other dancers FAR better than Teresa or Des Cahill - so there has been a surprise element, just not in a good way!

They had to introduce some element of sanity to proceedings or it would have turned into total farce.

And if you've watched Strictly Come Dancing at all, this has always been the way when there's been a dance-off.

What I'd dearly love to know is if the RTE producers didn't initially intend to have a dance-off, and saw the imminent prospect of it becoming a total popularity/who's-got-the-biggest-voting-fanbase contest, and hastily wrote one into the script!
    I do agree with the dance off in principle.
    However it is impossible to avoid it being a popularity contest entirely unless it's solely based on a professional scoring system by the judges (which of course would be a revenue no-go for RTE) but we still see Des hanging in there as the public vote is keeping him out of bottom two dance off so it's not fool proof.

Advertisement