Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

I suspect nobody finds Des's jokes funnier than Des himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I actually thought he didn't embarrass himself there at all, relatively speaking. He must be knackered as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Julian talking through his hat: "hardest decision"!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Arcadian Dublin

Poor Karen. Hopefully she'll get someone decent next series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

How da fuq is it a hard decision Julian. ..... One can dance .... One can't !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I still believe after watching Des, I will never be a great dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very confusing who Julian Benson and Hedges voted off there??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Very hard to judge, How? One can dance and the other tries they're very best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Desease Of Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mojoeback

Shut up Des.

• Advertisement

Des would actually be an amazing host for this show. He has the passion for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Poor Karen. The emotion of the moment got to her. I know Des wasn't the greatest dancer, but I did like the dynamic between them and will miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We now have a dancing competition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Karen very emotional, hope des is a gentleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

RobertKK wrote: »
    I still believe after watching Des, I will never be a great dancer.

Oh that make me lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Finally...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Ah sure it had to happen but I enjoyed watching him..

Karen is great fun, she brings the joy to the show,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Slán go fóil a dhaoine uaisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

It was his time to go, but i wouldn't have found the show as enjoyable without Des up until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

duridian wrote: »
    Poor Karen. The emotion of the moment got to her. I know Des wasn't the greatest dancer, but I did like the dynamic between them and will miss that.
    They had a lovely father / daughter type relationship.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Des really was awful this week. I think there were about 2 Jive steps in his whole routine. Anyway, time for him to go. He was great craic though.
    Denise was fantastic. Best dance of the series so far and far better than Dale's "salsa" when he got 30.
    Funnily enough Dale's Paso was brilliant and, but for the slip, he would also have got 30.
    Aidan - extremely average. Should have got called up for the pigeon toes and bent legs. More than likely got the sympathy vote though.
    Aoibhin - meh... zero passion in the routine. Very bland. Getting sick of Vitali sticking in lifts when there's no need for them.

Thankfully we're left with the three best dancers and Aidan in the semis.
    Serious business now!

Oh and I thought Dale and Ksenia were amazing in the Ballroom Blitz. Head and shoulders above the others. Really enjoyed it! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I am a Denise fan but that charleston didn't light me up. I felt it was lacking some of the comedy we've seen in other charlestons.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I am a Denise fan but that charleston didn't light me up. I felt it was lacking some of the comedy we've seen in other charlestons.

Completely agree and I think the music didn't help with that either.
    Technically, it was excellent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

For me I want Dayl to win.
    To my eye him Aoibheann and Denise are matched in terms of talent but then between the three of them he has the likability factor for me. For a young fella his age he seems generally an all round talent and really genuine and humble.
    Next I would rate Denise purely on her talent but like has been said before here Ryan is her downfall for me, I find his attitude and demeanor hard to warm too.
    Then Aoibheann. She definitely does put her heart and soul in it but I actually feel she is too competitive. Like when someone joked earlier on in series that she should take one for team and offer herself for elimination she got quite terse. Now maybe it's just nerves but for me I can't warm to her or Vitali either.
    Whereas apart from their obvious talent and ability, Dayl and Kesenia are the whole package for me.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

For me I want Dayl to win.
    To my eye him Aoibheann and Denise are matched in terms of talent but then between the three of them he has the likability factor for me. For a young fella his age he seems generally an all round talent and really genuine and humble.
    Next I would rate Denise purely on her talent but like has been said before here Ryan is her downfall for me, I find his attitude and demeanor hard to warm too.
    Then Aoibheann. She definitely does put her heart and soul in it but I actually feel she is too competitive. Like when someone joked earlier on in series that she should take one for team and offer herself for elimination she got quite terse. Now maybe it's just nerves but for me I can't warm to her or Vitali either.
    Whereas apart from their obvious talent and ability, Dayl and Kesenia are the whole package for me.

Disagree......Dayl in my opinion is full of himself.......typical young fella that has become semi quasi famous and knows it.

Denise seems genuine enough but agree that Ryan has and will cost her votes....although it shouldbt be about the pro at all it's hard to ignore.

Aoibheann does come across a little competitive but I would be the same.....and I find Vitali rather likable....he's Choreographed some great dances and is modest when being interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

368100 wrote: »
    Denise seems genuine enough but agree that Ryan has and will cost her votes....although it shouldbt be about the pro at all it's hard to ignore.

Denise has one of fake its smiles I've seen in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Denise has one of fake its smiles I've seen in a long time!
    But you'll agree that she's a very good dancer?

The girl can't help the way her face is arranged. I'm assuming that's just how she smiles.

It is (allegedly) a dancing competition after all (Des C and Teresa "Stormy" Mannion notwithstanding)!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    But you'll agree that she's a very good dancer?

The girl can't help the way her face is arranged. I'm assuming that's just how she smiles.

It is (allegedly) a dancing competition after all (Des C and Teresa "Stormy" Mannion notwithstanding)!

I'd prefer Dayl as a dancer, I think she seems fake(ie not nice/smiles for the camera and her and Ryan are well matched!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'd prefer Dayl as a dancer, I think she seems fake(ie not nice and her and Ryan are well suited matched!).

?? How do you garner that opinion from watching her dance and act and her facial expressions!! :D I am not saying sometimes I amn't a bit prejudice, but not by a smile! ha! I actually am rooting for her more than the rest.

For what it's worth I've read some quotes from her, especially when she was involved with Red Rock and the rape scene, and even when she was involved in Love Hate and she portrayed herself as a very likeable, respectful and empathy driven person. Empathy in a person is such a telling trait personally for me.

Here is a nice interview with her, for example which might give a little insight into her! This isn't a lecture, I really hope you don't see it as such (honestly - as I said I can be such as prejudiced by silly things as well)

But I do think it might help you enjoy her performances a bit more if you don't dislike her as much! In fact I was kind of the same about Aoibheann but when I researched about her a bit, I found myself more endeared to her, and hence enjoyed her performances more! Same with Kathryn Lynch. I really rolled my eyes at her but people just associate her with her "on screen character" and some here and on twitter belittled her because she was a bit "loud" on the show itself! but I found her lovely and was very saddened to see her go

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/this-much-i-know-denise-mccormack-actress-389367.html

Out of all of them left, I think Dayl deserves it. Hard worker, gentleman, talented, nice guy and has overcome a lot of Louis Walsh/boyband prejudices that he probably had before the show.

Aoibheann, second,

Denise 3rd,

Aidan 4th

But next week could be pivotal. It would be interesting to see the voting figures at this stage.

Advertisement