Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

?? How do you garner that opinion from watching her dance and act and her facial expressions!! :D I am not saying sometimes I amn't a bit prejudice, but not by a smile! ha! I actually am rooting for her more than the rest.

For what it's worth I've read some quotes from her, especially when she was involved with Red Rock and the rape scene, and even when she was involved in Love Hate and she portrayed herself as a very likeable, respectful and empathy driven person. Empathy in a person is such a telling trait personally for me.

Here is a nice interview with her, for example which might give a little insight into her! This isn't a lecture, I really hope you don't see it as such (honestly - as I said I can be such as prejudiced by silly things as well)

But I do think it might help you enjoy her performances a bit more if you don't dislike her as much! In fact I was kind of the same about Aoibheann but when I researched about her a bit, I found myself more endeared to her, and hence enjoyed her performances more! Same with Kathryn Lynch. I really rolled my eyes at her but people just associate her with her "on screen character" and some here and on twitter belittled her because she was a bit "loud" on the show itself! but I found her lovely and was very saddened to see her go

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/this-much-i-know-denise-mccormack-actress-389367.html

Out of all of them left, I think Dayl deserves it. Hard worker, gentleman, talented, nice guy and has overcome a lot of Louis Walsh/boyband prejudices that he probably had before the show.

Aoibheann, second,

Denise 3rd,

Aidan 4th

But next week could be pivotal. It would be interesting to see the voting figures at this stage.

Anytime I've seen her on TV I simply don't like her to me she's like her charter in Love/Hate Linda and Bridget in Redrock rough out!
    PS I'm referring to her being interviewed on shows and how she comes across. I know people are acting on TV programs and you love them but in real life their horrible and some characters are horrible in the show and nice in really life. Denise is not my type of person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anytime I've seen her on TV I simply don't like her to me she's like her charter in Love/Hate Linda and Bridget in Redrock rough out!

Jaysis, hate to hear what you think of the actor that played Paddy Bishop in FC!!

Hopefully, your prejudice, especially one to THAT proportion will decrease somewhat as otherwise you will hate her performances if you associate her with such characters!!

Jaysis, hate to hear what you think of the actor that played Paddy Bishop in FC!!

Hopefully, your prejudice, especially one to THAT proportion will decrease somewhat as otherwise you will hate her performances if you associate her with such characters!!

It's her being interviewed and her personality I don't like in real life!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's her being interviewed and her personality I don't like in real life!

I agree, I don't watch any of the programmes she's in, she just doesn't come across as genuine and has a bit of an attitude if she gets criticism.

Each to their own! I have seen her being interviewed on The Today Show and TV3 promoting Red Rock and accepting awards and she came across mild mannered, really respectful towards her cast and a self confessed family woman and I liked her! They weren't autobiographical "This is your Life" style segments but she definitely did not portray herself as fake and "not nice"!

I think the reaction to criticism thing is completely different when you know a lot of it (especially from that Julian guy) is a ply for the cameras and not a fair reflection of your personality, especially when you know you have worked so hard and it upsets you. Especially if you are competitive and driven!
    Look at the posts on here, sure! I could quote dozens of posts here moaning about a performance being criticised unfairly but I wouldnt say they are not nice people posting them as they don't reflect who you are!

Especially to the point where you associate them with their nasty characters on the soap they are in!

Sorry, I am being a bit condescending here, so I best put the breaks on!! ha!

• Advertisement

Each to their own! I have seen her being interviewed on The Today Show and TV3 promoting Red Rock and accepting awards and she came across mild mannered, really respectful towards her cast and a self confessed family woman and I liked her! They weren't autobiographical "This is your Life" style segments but she definitely did not portray herself as fake and "not nice"!

I think the reaction to criticism thing is completely different when you know a lot of it (especially from that Julian guy) is a ply for the cameras and not a fair reflection of your personality, especially when you know you have worked so hard and it upsets you. Especially if you are competitive and driven!
    Look at the posts on here, sure! I could quote dozens of posts here moaning about a performance being criticised unfairly but I wouldnt say they are not nice people posting them as they don't reflect who you are!

Especially to the point where you associate them with their nasty characters on the soap they are in!

I think you're taking it a bit personally now tbh. :) People don't like her, they don't like her.

I've no issue with the judges, Julian's a bit over the top but I don't mind him.
    Out off all the celebrities. I didn't like Hughie's attitude at the start he didn't seem to try and make any effort out of that I didn't like Des Bishop but I went off him ages ago after being a big fan. The more I experienced of him I just got turned off him. I went to see him live and had DVD's. Those are the shows I saw Denise on as well. Theirs just something about her I don't like! I can't help it!

pilly wrote: »
    I think you're taking it a bit personally now tbh. :) People don't like her, they don't like her.

ha, not personally, just thought I would defend her!
    As I said, I think you would enjoy her performances a bit more if you didn't have such a negative opinion about her, as she really has been very good to watch!

ha, not personally, just thought I would defend her!
    As I said, I think you would enjoy her performances a bit more if you didn't have such a negative opinion about her, as she really has been very good to watch!

She's a good dancer, I never said she wasn't. I just prefer Dayl!

Out of all of them left, I think Dayl deserves it. Hard worker, gentleman, talented, nice guy and has overcome a lot of Louis Walsh/boyband prejudices that he probably had before the show.

The fact that he's been dancing since he was 7 years old should be in his favour. "He was in the third year of his course at the Leicester College of Performing Arts, where he studied singing, dancing and acting, when he successfully auditioned for Louis Walsh's boyband HomeTown.

The band recently took a break to pursue individual projects.

Dayl attended primary school at St. Oliver's and Clerihan NS before moving to Cashel Community School.

He's well prepared for the challenge that Dancing with the Stars presents, as he has been dancing since he was 7 years of age when he joined the On Your Toes Dance Academy in Clonmel and received tuition for ten years from the Hewitt sisters, Gillian and Majella."

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/news/240404/clonmel-s-dayl-cronin-is-targeting-a-place-in-rte-s-dancing-with-the-stars-final.html

• Advertisement

The fact that he's been dancing since he was 7 years old should be in his favour. "He was in the third year of his course at the Leicester College of Performing Arts, where he studied singing, dancing and acting, when he successfully auditioned for Louis Walsh's boyband HomeTown.

The band recently took a break to pursue individual projects.

Dayl attended primary school at St. Oliver's and Clerihan NS before moving to Cashel Community School.

He's well prepared for the challenge that Dancing with the Stars presents, as he has been dancing since he was 7 years of age when he joined the On Your Toes Dance Academy in Clonmel and received tuition for ten years from the Hewitt sisters, Gillian and Majella."

http://www.nationalist.ie/news/news/240404/clonmel-s-dayl-cronin-is-targeting-a-place-in-rte-s-dancing-with-the-stars-final.html

Funny story about Hometown I know a guy who got down to the final few of Hometown auditions and he had no real singing or dancing experience. Our theory at the time was he sort of fitted one of Louis profile was the reason he got so far.

Was I wrong in hearing last week that the show was on Paddy's Day this week? I'm sure someone said it in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

pilly wrote: »
    Was I wrong in hearing last week that the show was on Paddy's Day this week? I'm sure someone said it in here?

No, just that Can't Stop Dancing would be in earlier than normal on St. Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not a fan of this "contemporary ballroom" (whatever that is) but this is good. Although you could stand there badly lipsynching to that song and it'd be good, in fairness!

Although if you're going to do one of those co-ordinated hops (I'm sure there's a proper name for it!) you need to make sure you get it perfect and they didn't.

Had meant to say last week that the swivel we saw in Denise's charleston footwork was amazing, among the best I've ever seen in a celeb.

Jaysus, the state of that dress :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Arcadian Dublin

Julian Benson - The worst dressed man on tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

She choose to rehearse on Paddy's day, she chose to be part of the show, yet there is constant whinging about sacrifices. They are all on the show for a reason, that are self serving.

Turn out them toes, Aidan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

That jacket! :(
    I saw prettier piles of vomit on the street the day after Paddys Day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Arcadian Dublin

Aidan is so wooden.

All he's doing is goose-stepping around the place!

And those pigeon-toes - Craig R-H would have a seizure :eek:

Very poor compared to dance 1.

• Advertisement

Quit with the puns - PLEASE :mad:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Quit with the puns - PLEASE :mad:
    That's like 90% content of what he is saying, Julian just reams off meaningless cliches.

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    That's like 90% content of what he is saying, Julian just reams off meaningless cliches.
    I was referring to Amanda and Aidan as it happens, but Julian could do with knocking it off as well!

One of the things I've learnt from this season is I'd be absolutely terrible if I was on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Yes, I fear for my countryman this evening. It looked like he was unable to keep up with Valeria most of the time (which is of course because he wasn't) especially because of the complexity of the moves.

One of the things I've learnt from this season is I'd be absolutely terrible if I was on this.

Were you an extra on Fair City, or maybe in a hewing gum commercial, that could qualify you as a celebrity for the next season.

Were you an extra on Fair City, or maybe in a hewing gum commercial, that could qualify you as a celebrity for the next season.

Ah, to be fair, they done well in casting a nice mixture of dancers for this I think. #AnyoneButBlathnaidNiCoughdrop...........

I appeared on the background on Nationwide before, would that do?

• Advertisement

I appeared on the background on Nationwide before, would that do?
    My eyes appeared on the 6-one news over the weekend, would that do? :cool:

Advertisement