Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

acequion wrote: »
    In hindsight though Dayl shouldn't be too gutted. He came fourth rather than third which is where I'd put him. But he absolutely should be in the final. Maybe he thought he was going to win it out and that's why he was so gutted. My rankings would be:

Aoibhin
    Denise
    Dayl
    Aidan

You just never know though...as we've seen with Strictly, the showdance can really swing things, absolute favourites have lost based on their showdance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Aiden looked gutted he got through.!! Disappointing result as I'd have preferred Denise to go tonight over Dayl.

He really did, I'd say he was looking forward to having the week with his new baby and supporting his wife. A shame to see Dayl go but would have missed Denise too
    Both he and Valaria looked gobsmacked imo.
    It must be pressure living in Kerry with a brand new baby and committing to that show.
    Surely he should have taken his wife's due date into consideration when signing up because to me he looked disappointed to be facing another week, both tonight and last week.

To thine own self be true

Next year I'd love to see Marty Morrissey!
    Stock up on the tan now :)
    He'd be very likeable and interactive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Is there a precedent for quitting at this stage? If he really wanted to leave, surely he could? Wonder what sort of contract there is?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Is there a precedent for quitting at this stage? If he really wanted to leave, surely he could? Wonder what sort of contract there is?

He spends a bit of time of social media looking for votes and has done stuff with radio down in Kerry!
    If I was him I'd be delighted to be still their. He's getting a good chunk of money each week. Which will help with having a new family. He's also opening himself up for being a panelist on The Sunday game because he comes across well and likable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

For pure entertainment, I have not enjoyed a show as much since the Centenary Celebration Concert.

Loved the interpretations of Get Me to Church and Nothing Compares to You. Also River Dance, especially the solo at the start.

Disappointed with performance of Orinoco Flow. Seemed under rehearsed, but that's understandable, considering the pressure everybody was under for this show.

Gutted that Dayl has had to leave. Expected him to win! Just goes to show! When public have the vote, it becomes more of a popularity contest.

Nevetheless, this whole series has been great, IMO. Most enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Aidan's going to win. Consistently near the bottom and yet keeps getting through. :(

Poor Dayl was heartbroken.

Aidan is only one never in dance off.. Is that the tell tale sign?

Aidan is topping the votes we can ganer that much but we dont know how the voting is split between judges and public a potential winner if public vote is weighted higher

I really enjoyed this series .
    I'd like Aoibhin to win now. Often in programmes I'd really dislike the worst person but I can't say that about Aidan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Aidan wins

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Aidan wins

Be much better then the girl who just happened to have a big article about her in one of the sunday papers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Be much better then the girl who just happened to have a big article about her in one of the sunday papers

I didn't buy the papers today, give us a hint!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I didn't buy the papers today, give us a hint!

I didnt either but was told Aoibhne had some big piece about her somewhere today so I was told

A simple google will tell you Aoibhin was in Life Magazine today in The Irish Independent. She has pictures of it on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Its this ridiculous Rural vote mentality that you have to vote for someone because they are from your county, or because they are in the GAA, that ruins shows like these. You only have to look at people congratulating Aidan on twitter with "Hon the kingdom" to see that is the only reason they voted for him. Next year the judges scores should have more weight in deciding who gets through, not a 50-50 split.

Plus the whole notion all the others have experience is crap its ballroom and latin dancing. Aidan shouldn't be there and I doubt he or his partner want to judging by their reaction but you might as well just give him the trophy now

Aidan has a lot more going for him than the kerry vote.
    He has the Garda vote.
    He has the one of the lads vote.
    The GAA vote.
    He was a Garda for a nice bit in Cork and was well liked.
    He also has the mammy vote and if your son/daughter brought somebody like him home to you and said they were going out. You'd be delighted.
    He was also the best looking fella on the show.(well most manly)

Aidan has a lot more going for him than the kerry vote.
    He has the Garda vote.
    He has the one of the lads vote.
    The GAA vote.
    He was a Garda for a nice bit in Cork and was well liked.
    He also has the mammy vote and if your son/daughter brought somebody like him home to you and said they were going out. You'd be delighted.
    He was also the best looking fella on the show.(well most manly)

Its kind of laughable that if you were to try and explain that vote block he has to anyone outside of Ireland they'd laugh and say they were awful reason to vote for someone in a dance/entertainment show, but here its like "ah sure look its Ireland":rolleyes:

Also after just watching it back again his face and especially his partners face goes from shook to horror when he got through is partially hilarious and part sad too

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Its kind of laughable that if you were to try and explain that vote block he has to anyone outside of Ireland they'd laugh and say they were awful reason to vote for someone in a dance/entertainment show, but here its like "ah sure look its Ireland":rolleyes:

Also after just watching it back again his face and especially his partners face goes from shook to horror when he got through is partially hilarious and part sad too

Likability always plays a big party in these shows. If Aidan was a horrible git he wouldn't get the votes.

Likability always plays a big party in these shows. If Aidan was a horrible git he wouldn't get the votes.

Most Youtube video of his GAA days the comments would have you believe otherwise And he is hardly mr personality either.Plus no one on the show was really a horrible git either, especially in the last 4

I know you like him as a person but really they all seem like nice people and in the lst 4 if they are all nice then the vote should really be about the better dancing.

I really am struggling to understand why someone being nice is why you should vote for them in the semi finals when he and his partner made it kind of obvious they didnt want to be in the final?

• Advertisement

But he is hardly mr personality either. Plus no one on the show was really a horrible git either, especially in the last 4

Denise isn't liked by a lot. Aoibhin would be considered up herself by some.
    Aidan personality is a typical country guy and people seem to like him!

Denise isn't liked by a lot. Aoibhin would be considered up herself by some.
    Aidan personality is a typical country guy and people seem to like him!

Eh Twitter says otherwise about Denise so I dont know where you got that from maybe its your own opinion but its hardly the truth.
    Aidan just has the block vote of people who vote for ridiculous reasons

Eh Twitter says otherwise about Denise so I dont know where you got that from maybe its your own opinion but its hardly the truth.
    Aidan just has the block vote of people who vote for ridiculous reasons

Read the comments on here she'd the most disliked person person here. Their's only about three people who sticks up for her. She a good dancer but she isn't overly liked as a person.
    This is a reality show and aspects of the person is taken into account. I'm not surprised Denise has being in the bottom twice,

Read the comments on here she'd the most disliked person person here. Their's only about three people who sticks up for her. She a good dancer but she isn't overly liked as a person.

I have and neither is Aidan, you seem to stick up for him each week, again explain to me why you would vote for someone just because they are nice in a semi final? Plus can you actually say he and his partner still want to be their?

Aidan is nice enough but he is dull and compared to the other three he is a rubbish dancer, dance experience or not. But anyone saying he wont win now is insane he will 100% win and the show will be poorer for it

I have and neither is Aidan, you seem to stick up for him each week, again explain to me why you would vote for someone just because they are nice in a semi final? Plus can you actually say he and his partner still want to be their?

Aidan is nice enough but he is dull and compared to the other three he is a rubbish dancer, dance experience or not. But anyone saying he wont win now is insane he will 100% win and the show will be poorer for it

I can't grantee he'll win but I'm not supervised he's in the final.

Every week Aidan is on social media sharing thing looking for a vote. He's on kerry Radio and even the Kerry TD's are looking for a vote for him. Last week he said he'd love to have the Glitter ball for baby Lucia.(so he does want to win)
    Denise is fake to me.
    Dayl was my favorite and we voted for him.
    Aidan is likable and tries. I haven't voted for him tough but might next week so Denise doesn't win.
    Aoibhin is my favorite dancer now and I'll vote for her also.

To you Aidan is dull and boring to me he's the most ordinary. We all know somebody like him. You can connect with him the most as a person.

Ryaner179 is that you Ryan Mcshane?

I have and neither is Aidan, you seem to stick up for him each week, again

Can you show me the posts where I stick up for Aidan every week.
    Below are my posts involving Aidan to the best of my Knowledge saying I stick up for him every week is unfair!

My posts from week one just before tonight's show that involved Aidan.
    I missed the bit about the dance off being introduced. It's very hard to know who'd be in the bottom two to be honest all I know is Kerry will give Aidan a great vote and Des could get a good GAA vote.

Sunday spoilers!

Des Cahill will be saying goodbye to Karen Byrne for one week only and Ksenia Zsikhotska will be helping him samba his way around the floor to Quando, Quando, Quando by Engelbert Humperdinck.
    Denise McCormack will be partnering up with John Nolan to perform a Viennese Waltz to Powerful by Major Lazer featuring Ellie Goulding and Tarrus Riley
    Katherine Lynch and Vitali Kozmin hope to be a match made in heaven on Sunday as they take on the Paso Doble to O Fortuna by Carl Orff.
    Dayl Cronin has proven himself for fast dances but will have to find out if he can keep up with Valeria Milova when they Salsa this weekend to Give Me Everything by Pitbull.
    Aoibhin Garrihy will look to remain top of the judges’ leaderboard with new partner Kai Widdrington when they foxtrot to Big Bad Handsome Man by Imelda May.
    Aidan O’Mahony will be performing the samba with Karen Byrne to Mas Que Nada.
    While Teresa Mannion and Ryan McShane will be jiving to Tutti Frutti.
    Aidan will get a strong kerry vote!

Overall not really surprised with the both two!
    Aidan O'Mahony wife had their baby this morning and they called it Lucia!

I can't grantee he'll win but I'm not supervised he's in the final.

Every week Aidan is on social media sharing thing looking for a vote. He's on kerry Radio and even the Kerry TD's are looking for a vote for him. Last week he said he'd love to have the Glitter ball for baby Lucia.(so he does want to win)
    When he left CUMH he took a picture of him holding the baby seat facing the wrong way(so you wouldn't see the baby) and holding a balloon in the other hand. If he wins he'll probably be in RSVP with the baby and glitter ball.
    Denise is fake to me.
    Dayl was my favorite and we voted for him.
    Aidan is likable and tries. I haven't voted for him tough but might next week so Denise doesn't win.
    Aoibhin is my favorite dancer now and I'll vote for her also.

To you Aidan is dull and boring to me he's the most ordinary. We all know somebody like him. You can connect with him the most as a person.

Ryaner179 is that you Ryan Mcshane?

So its a mix sympathy and region voting that have gotten him this far? Also Kerry TDs telling people to vote? I'll only need 1 guess as to who that was :rolleyes: Do they not have better thing to campaign about ? Also you seem to know a lot about him.You must be a big fan

Those reasons again highlight the trouble with Irish public voting in shows like these, he is ordinary so he should win a dancing show? That is nonsense, also I dont get how you think Denise is fake? How ? Are you confusing her Red rock character with her actual personality? Or do you not like her partner ? You only have to listen to who all the other contestants have said they want to win to she Denise is very well liked

Also do you not think he and his partner looked upset and being put through?

So its a mix sympathy and region voting that have gotten him this far? Also Kerry TDs telling people to vote? I'll only need 1 guess as to who that was :rolleyes: Do they not have better thing to campaign about ? Also you seem to know a lot about him.You must be a big fan

Those reasons again highlight the trouble with Irish public voting in shows like these, he is ordinary so he should win a dancing show? That is nonsense, also I dont get how you think Denise is fake? How ? Are you confusing her Red rock character with her actual personality? Or do you not like her partner ? You only have to listen to who all the other contestants have said they want to win to she Denise is very well liked

Also do you not think he and his partner looked upset and being put through?

Dayl was my favorite I always stated that. I follow them all on social media and watch them if they ever appear on TV/chatshows. I never liked Denise Mccomack as a person on a chat show and now on this. She a fine actress and a good dancer but she does nothing for me. She just rubs me up the wrong way. I'd have known her since her Fair city day's when she was the likable Farrah. Do you ever see a celebrity or person in the media that you simply don't like? Well I can't help it but she's just not for me.
    I can't help how the Irish public votes I'm just stating where I think Aidan gets his votes from and that's not my fault. I missed the bit at the end to be honest but it's easy for him to tell people not vote for him but he's changed his mind since last week when he said he wanted the glitter ball.
    I've never voted for Aidan by the way.
    I've noticed Aidan, Dayl, Aoibhin, Des all socializing outside of rehearsals. They were even down in Kerry together so they kind of get on and their was no sign of Denise but I suppose she's busy with her family.

Just to clarify to posters from my above chat.
    Dayl was my favorite dancer overall and I wanted him to win.
    I think Denise is a good dancer but I don't like her personality and can't help that.
    I think Aidan is a fine guy but I've never said he's a good dancer. I just stated where I think he's getting his votes from and I think their's a lot more than a kerry vote. I have never voted for him and we might next week. Saying I'm on here defending him every week is unfair.
    Aoibhin is my favorite now. The show actually made me like her a lot more since the show began and she's a good dancer. So now I'd like her to win and she'll defiantly get a vote.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Eimearkellyyyy/status/843574466533904392

He looks like he would rather let the ground eat him up than go through to the final
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuD4HOktUoI&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement