Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Jesus some of you love to make up conspiracy theories or that friends of people are posting in here to make it seem like your right. How sad although not as sad as trying to guess someones personality based on a TV show

Plus they have 3 dances next week but is there really any point? we all know Aidan will win

Have you woken up from celebrating getting through last night or are you an a break from rehearsals Ryan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Aidan will pick Viennese waltz. Denise may pick the Charleston again, though I did not like her in it. Not sure about Aoibhinn. Maybe she will pick an Irish tune again to inerpret with loads of drama.

Does anyone think Aoibhinn is gorgeous? IMO, she has the real flawless classical looks.

If Dayl were still there, he'd surely have picked a jive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Eyepatch wrote: »

Does anyone think Aoibhinn is gorgeous? IMO, she has the real flawless classical looks.

Aoibhin is beautiful, Without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

golfball37 wrote: »
    I was up for Aoibhinn until I saw she was in Life magazine yesterday commenting on celebrity culture in Ireland !

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Am I missing something? So what if Aoibhinn was in Life Magazine yesterday. What's that got do with how she dances of a Sunday evening?

Anyway Dayl shouldn't have gone last night, it should have been Aidan but that's what happens on these shows but at least two of the best dancers overall are in the final so that's good 'suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

CFlat wrote: »
    Am I missing something? So what if Aoibhinn was in Life Magazine yesterday. What's that got do with how she dances of a Sunday evening?

Anyway Dayl shouldn't have gone last night, it should have been Aidan but that's what happens on these shows but at least two of the best dancers overall are in the final so that's good 'suppose.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. What's it got to do with anything. They're all celebrities and none of them are hiding under a bushel, they're all on the show to build their profiles as well as make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

A brisk read through that article and she seem to be condemning the thought of a celebrity culture more than anything. It is an Irish culture thing, if there is a sign of a flaw get it out there, see what you want to see and exacerbate it's meaning.

Also this is the Irish Independent, a celebrity loving tabloid masquerading as a broadsheet. Any sign of a mention of the word "celebrity" and social scene, Krystal etc and they will dig and dig until they manipulate your words.

I don't know much about Aoibheann but haven't seen any negative press about her, not that it makes any difference and she has came across great in the show and would be a deserved winner. She will get a lot of Day's votes now, I envisage also.
    So she must be favourite to win.

Based on performance (up until now), it must be her, Denise and Aidan in that order. At least there is no "joke act"

And YES I KNOW IT IS A REALITY SHOW AS IF THAT IS SOME RUDE AWAKENING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

My favourite was Dayl. I thought he'd a good chance of winning and was sad to see him go. I'd say Aoibhinn or Denise will win but it's hard to choose between them because they are both so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

don't know much about Aoibheann but haven't seen any negative press about her, not that it makes any difference and she has came across great in the show and would be a deserved winner. She will get a lot of Day's votes now, I envisage also.
    So she must be favourite to win.

Based on performance (up until now), it must be her, Denise and Aidan in that order. At least there is no "joke act"
    My favourite was Dayl. I thought he'd a good chance of winning and was sad to see him go. I'd say Aoibhinn or Denise will win but it's hard to choose between them because they are both so good.

Eh dont know if you guys know but its just the public who decide who wins next week and pretty sure that Aidan will top that vote

Also this article is very funny https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/everyones-blaming-the-gardai-and-the-people-of-kerry-for-tonights-dwts-elimination-782179.html

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Eh dont know if you guys know but its just the public who decide who wins next week and pretty sure that Aidan will top that vote

Also this article is very funny https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/everyones-blaming-the-gardai-and-the-people-of-kerry-for-tonights-dwts-elimination-782179.html

How's the training going Ryan?
    I'd say you and Denise are wrecked this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

CFlat wrote: »
    I wonder how many posters here who haven't taken to Aoibhinn are women? I just thought Id come out and say it.

I've not taken to her, just something about her...a bit too over-sweet and bland for my liking. It's not a jealousy thing, as I really liked the stunning Thalia, even though I knew nothing of her before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I've not taken to her, just something about her...a bit too over-sweet and bland for my liking. It's not a jealousy thing, as I really liked the stunning Thalia, even though I knew nothing of her before.

I agree... can't take to her at all...she comes across as about as sincere now as a goldfish . I was the same about Thalia, she seemed lovely and pity she went out so soon. I follow her on Instagram and god she's stunning. It's prob been mentioned here before , Herself and Denise's partner are going out. I actually didn't like him at all at the start but Ive warmed to him over the last few weeks, he was lovely to Teresa mannion when they were dancing together and he seemed genuinely gutted for Dayl and partner this week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm way behind as I've only just watched the episode but I'm genuinely gutted for Dayl. He looked so upset as well. I've been rooting for Aoibheann but he's been my second favourite. I really thought that he'd be in there final no question. I'll be disappointed if Aoibheann doesn't win now as I think she's fantastic not to mention that Aidan doesn't deserve it and I'm not a Denise fan (not to bring that debate up again).

I don't know how the final is going to end. Aidan definitely has the voters but I could see many others voting for the first time to combat that. Unfortunately I'm away so won't be able to watch live or vote myself.

I think other years with the voice the country vote generally got defeated in the final and the better person on the night won.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

I didn't mind Aoibhinn but in the semi final straight after her dance without any mention or connection when she mentioned the Coast Guard it sort of rubbed me up the wrong when in it didn't feel genuine it felt like trying to earn votes. Maybe im completely wrong and she meant it but it felt out of the blue and the fact she said she was thinking of it all week but no other mention online or on her twitter it just felt false to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think this week I might actually vote and it won't be for Aidan, I just don't think he deserves to be in the final. Aoibhin or Denise for the win

Little point in us all moaning about Aidan winning if we don't vote.

I'm definitely gonna vote for one of the girls. Depends who does the best dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Just to point out, Aoibhinn was genuine about the coast guard. Her family owns Doolin Ferries and she worked for them during the summers when she was younger. So there is a connection there. I don't believe for one second that she would have done this for votes.

I don't know how people get by in life if they have a habit of labelling people fake, in genuine, false, not nice, from such trivial things!!

I don't know how people get by in life if they have a habit of labelling people fake, in genuine, false, not nice, from such trivial things!!
    Hear! Hear! Times 1,000!

"Labelling!" Perfect choice of word, The Talking Bread! How many of us have experienced being labelled in RL for no good reason? It's not nice when it happens to us - so why should we do it to others?

Great post, TTB! :D

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, I can prejudge myself, I am not going to deny that, but I genuinely find it a flaw in myself if I do and certainly try not to be vocal about it. It does noone any harm but yourself at the end of the day really! But some of the reasons given on these thread about the likes of Aobhin and Denise are silly!

For me, Kathryn Lynchs comedy was tedious and I thought I, therefore wouldn't like her, but I think she was my favourite on the show!

I definitely enjoyed the show more as the contestants (apart from Des Bishop who I have good reason to dislike) came across as a sound bunch. No real extroverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I don't know about phone votes but text votes are 60c!

It's the competition that they keep advertising that costs €2. I used to enter these an odd time but not since they went up to €2!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

We are having an opinion on people in a reality tv show. I wouldn't be reading too much into it

I don't mean to label people but when I was at college we did a good bit about body language and when people are being false or genuine with you. I've being told by people that I'm generally good to read people and sometimes I'm wrong. I always give people a chance theirs people I know and celebrities out their who I wasn't gone on and I really got to like them over time.

If it's help to anybody I warmed a lot to Aoibhin because of the series because shes herself and even Denise has grown on me!

I don't mean to label people but when I was at college we did a good bit about body language and when people are being false or genuine with you. I've being told by people that I'm generally good to read people and sometimes I'm wrong. I always give people a chance theirs people I know and celebrities out their who I wasn't gone on and I really got to like them over time.

Did they pay any attention to basic spelling/grammar in that college? Check out "their / there".

Did they pay any attention to basic spelling/grammar in that college? Check out "their / there".

I wasn't overly pushed about it because it never caused me any problems!

And you've posted about "labelling" people?? Then you decide to pull someone up on their grammar??

A lot more petty than expressing a dislike for someone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Severe whiff of White Knighting from some peoples posts.

• Advertisement

Severe whiff of White Knighting from some peoples posts.

I had to look that one up.(Don't even ask what I thought it was)

Advertisement