Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Severe whiff of White Knighting from some peoples posts.

Thanks for that........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I didn't know this:

From the Urban Dictionary:
    white knighting
    In forum parlance, it means rushing to the aid of another poster for whatever reason. An accusation typically reserved for when a poster is being hammered by another poster(s) and the accused leaps in to defend them, usually without thinking things through as to why the person is being attacked.

Insinuations going on, methinks. :pac:

Does it have to come down to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Can we get back to discussing DWTS folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I didn't know this:

From the Urban Dictionary:

Insinuations going on, methinks. :pac:

Does it have to come down to that?

People can also White Knight for a "celebrity" or after a terror incident when they pull the out the whole "Now come on we can't say for certain this attack is related to Islamic terrorism" I've often seen and heard the term white knighting being used to describe those examples, actually had no idea UD only referred to it as rushing to the aid of another poster.

If you look it up, there are many different usages for the term "white knight" or "white knighting".

Why it was brought up on this thread, I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Eyepatch wrote: »
    If you look it up, there are many different usages for the term "white knight" or "white knighting".

Why it was brought up on this thread, I don't know.
    Hi eyepatch. Got your pm. Thanks. Got banned for 6 weeks. But back now. Cheers.

Hi eyepatch. Got your pm. Thanks. Got banned for 6 weeks. But back now. Cheers.
    Nice to see you back, donkeykong5. You can always pm me. Cheers to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

Droolin ferries is owned by Aoibhin's uncles. She was born in Dublin and lived there all her life. The mention of the coast guard was out of the blue on Sunday.

I think she will do almost anything for votes....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Looks like it might not be coming back next year, not surprised the viewers have fallen thanks to the GAA and popularity vote knocking out good dancers http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/the-last-tango-rt-yet-to-decide-on-future-of-dancing-with-the-stars-35563922.html

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Looks like it might not be coming back next year, not surprised the viewers have fallen thanks to the GAA and popularity vote knocking out good dancers http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/the-last-tango-rt-yet-to-decide-on-future-of-dancing-with-the-stars-35563922.html

I'm sure you'll pick up other work Ryan. Anyway the GAA vote is making them their money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

I'm sure you'll pick up other work Ryan. Anyway the GAA vote is making them their money!

Because my username has Ryan in it i'm Ryan from the show? Is that the logic on this forum? Then this whole forum has a lot of donald trump and bertie ahern comments judging by the usernames. Also Id say they would rather have viewers since the viewers count for how much of the advertisers money they get which is much more then the 60c votes they get over a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭newdriverlad

Because my username has Ryan in it i'm Ryan from the show? Is that the logic on this forum? Then this whole forum has a lot of donald trump and bertie ahern comments judging by the usernames. Also Id say they would rather have viewers since the viewers count for how much of the advertisers money they get which is much more then the 60c votes they get over a few weeks.

The first show had it's highest audience but if you read the reviews people were disappointed with not having a live band, quality of dancing, the judges scores being to high, and the presenters compared to strictly. That's the main reason the viewer ship went down. After that it balanced out.
    The article doesn't say that they won't be a series two by the way. It's just not confirmed yet. It probably won't be confirmed until RTE launch their Autumn/Winter schedule in August!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Ryaner179 wrote:

It's a bit of banter Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I find it hard to take anything too negative from that article.

It's only a joke really the Ryan thing!

There will definitely be another year. RTE wise the show was actually quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wolfgang123

Julian looks like a camp cyberman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hughie with the excess fake tan... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hughie with the excess fake tan... :rolleyes:

Sure he'll do anything to get people talking about him!

I loved the intro number, nice to see the judges dancing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm half an hour behind, really enjoyed the intro, especially seeing the judges dance but also Nicky and Amanda too!

• Advertisement

Has there been many dances on so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Is the Aoibhin show any good tonight?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Has there been many dances on so far?

Two comp dances, aidan and aoibhin, judges choices of previous dances

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Aidan was good in the 2nd dance.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Aidan was good in the 2nd dance.

Jaysus I was about say the opposite. Thought his steps looked very lumpen. Not very much technical skill in that dance either, Valeria carried him IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would love to spend night with Malaria .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Remember to vote for Aoibhin to free Katy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's really hard ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

I miss Dayl

• Advertisement

The slagging that Des Bishop got for pulling faces... Denise looked like she'd necked a bag of yokes there.

Advertisement