Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭golfball37

I would have loved to vote for Aoibhinn but I can't afford to, there should be an online option for those opposed to swelling RTE's coffers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I do laugh at the reaction to these competitions,people getting thick over noting :D

I did laugh as well when they called out the winner

Maybe next year have it all ex GAA players

Jason Sherlock,Paul Galvin,Eoin Kelly (Tipp),Dan Shanahan,Eoin Mulligan,Johnny Dooley,throw in Anna Geary as well.

Maybe RTE can reach a ceasefire with Tyrone football and tempt Micky Harte with a huge offer to compete and partner him up with Joe Brolly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Anybody know which stage they used in Ardmore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

AOM improved a lot and fair play to him he worked for his win. I wouldn't lose sleep over who wins a reality tv show :)

I have a dislike of O'Mahony from his footballing days. I won't go through it again. It makes me laugh when i read or hear all these 'how lovely Aidan is' comments on social media etc. If Tomás O'Sé won that competition i'd be delighted. But you'd no more find an O'Sé near DWTS as you'd find Peter Clohessy! And that says a little about Aidan too, he's fairly fond of himself and has likes to take the shirt off.

Good luck to him. Maybe he is a nice fella off the pitch. If Des Cahill won now that would be a joke:D

nagdefy wrote: »
    AOM improved a lot and fair play to him he worked for his win. I wouldn't lose sleep over who wins a reality tv show :)

I have a dislike of O'Mahony from his footballing days. I won't go through it again. It makes me laugh when i read or hear all these 'how lovely Aidan is' comments on social media etc. If Tomás O'Sé won that competition i'd be delighted. But you'd no more find an O'Sé near DWTS as you'd find Peter Clohessy! And that says a little about Aidan too, he's fairly fond of himself and has likes to take the shirt off.

Good luck to him. Maybe he is a nice fella off the pitch. If Des Cahill won now that would be a joke:D

We get it, you follow GAA!! :D

• Advertisement

Maybe RTE can reach a ceasefire with Tyrone football and tempt Micky Harte with a huge offer to compete and partner him up with Joe Brolly!

There's a few would be interesting participants. Brolly, Marty Morrissey, Mary Mitchell O'Connor, Zumo Bishop from Fair City, Mick Wallace, Claire Daly or Ming Flanagan, Brian Cowen!

We get it, you follow GAA!! :D

And rugby, didn't i name drop Peter Clohessy:D All sport really TTB. Like yourself i'm sure.

nagdefy wrote: »
    And rugby, didn't i name drop Peter Clohessy:D All sport really TTB. Like yourself i'm sure.

Ha, of course, I do!
    but I don't think you are going to get a debate sparked about the onfield antics or morals of Aidan on a dancing thread despite a few attemps!!! :D:D:D

Ha, of course, I do!
    but I don't think you are going to get a debate sparked about the onfield antics or morals of Aidan on a dancing thread despite a few attemps!!! :D:D:D

I understand, but when these tv shows turn into a personality contest all this information is relevant:D

I dislike seeing a semi cult of personality develop on false reasoning!

Joanna Donnelly, the weather forecaster, would make a good candidate for next season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It just goes to show how professional the professional dancers actually are. I had no idea until a radio interview today that Vitali and Valaria are married.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aidan's on Today with Daithi and Maura now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Can anyone tell me what happens the text votes if a name is spelled incorrectly. Will it count? My phone threw in an extra 'n' in Aoibhin's name by predictive text. could that have had an effect. If yes next years contestants would be well advised to have a very simple straightforward name!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I just watched the repeat of DWTS on Network 2 this evening. Really enjoyed it, even though I have missed a couple of weeks.

Aoibhin and Vitaly's showdance nearly brought tears to my eyes - it was so good !

Well done to Aidan and Valeria

Aidan's going to be on The Ray Darcy Show on Saturday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

You get very excited whenever Aidan pops up. :P Anything to share? :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

And is al 24 year old porter on as well ?

pilly wrote: »

To be honest. I'm not even going to watch it. I just said I'd let ye know and I'd have done the same no matter who won.
    Aoibhin is going to be on big week at the farm next week.
    I just see stuff on Twitter about what these people are up to and I know everybody isn't on it. So I decided to share here.

I'm not a porter.
    (I thought you read my comments and since I worked in hotels and I'm 24 I thought thought you were saying I was a porter and I was going to be in the audience)
    No, Al Porter isn't going to be on. Aine Lawlor, Mel C and Michael Harding are guests tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

To be honest. I'm not even going to watch it. I just said I'd let ye know and I'd have done the same no matter who won.
    Aoibhin is going to be on big week at the farm next week.
    I just see stuff on Twitter about what these people are up to and I know everybody isn't on it. So I decided to share here.

I'm not a porter.
    (I thought you read my comments and since I worked in hotels and I'm 24 I thought thought you were saying I was a porter and I was going to be in the audience)
    No, Al Porter isn't going to be on. Aine Lawlor, Mel C and Michael Harding are guests tough.
    Is the RTE canteen open on Saturday nights?

I haven't a clue!
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I haven't a clue!
    Why?
    Because Aine Lawlor won't have far to travel for the show!

• Advertisement

Because Aine Lawlor won't have far to travel for the show!

Does she help out in the Kitchen? :D

To be honest. I'm not even going to watch it. I just said I'd let ye know and I'd have done the same no matter who won. Aoibhin is going to be on big week at the farm next week. I just see stuff on Twitter about what these people are up to and I know everybody isn't on it. So I decided to share here.

It was a joke fresh.

It was a joke fresh.

No problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Was watching Googlebox Ireland last night and the viewers day were very unimpressed with Aidan's win, they were all on Team Aoibhin.

On the whole I enjoyed the show, it was always going to struggle a bit as we are very familiar with SCD but I think RTE did a good job. I liked Amanda, Nicky was ok I just don't think he is suited to TV but he is clearly liked in RTE. The judges improved as the show went on, I really got to like to Julian, sort of like an Irish Bruno.

For me I would have had Aoibhin winning with Denise in second with Aidan a distant 3rd. Aidan did improve greatly as the show went on but was far from the best dancer. I enjoyed all the pro's bar Ryan, he was very hard to like and I thought did Denise no favours. I assumed Aidan was get a big Kerry and GAA vote but from reading some of the comments maybe not. I always think with Irish shows that the televoting can be easily manipulated/skewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Caprica wrote: »

.... I assumed Aidan was get a big Kerry and GAA vote but from reading some of the comments maybe not. I always think with Irish shows that the televoting can be easily manipulated/skewed.

Aoibhinn and Denise could have been considered to have had an advantage due to their experience on stage/TV. In that connection Aidan could have been thought of as the underdog. We, Irish, often tend to favour the underdog, when voting. Added to that the huge effort Aidan had put in in order to prove, as much as possible, that he deserved to be in the final. That could have gotten him some votes too.

It is a reality show and, in that case, the best person won, IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I bumped into Dayl at the weekend.
    I had my little boy with me who really liked DWTS so we went up to say hi.
    He was such a sweetheart, really genuine and I thought so humble. Posed for a photo no bother.
    It's great to see a young chap so genuine and nice to his fans.
    Really made my small fellas day.

To thine own self be true

I bumped into Dayl at the weekend.
    I had my little boy with me who really liked DWTS so we went up to say hi.
    He was such a sweetheart, really genuine and I thought so humble. Posed for a photo no bother.
    It's great to see a young chap so genuine and nice to his fans.
    Really made my small fellas day.

Where?

Where?

Where, where, where? :D:D:D

Where, where, where? :D:D:D

No, just one "where"!...

Anyway not in that way..................trust me, I am the last person that will be waiting for a chance to bump into him!.. Just wondering where he was!

• Advertisement

No, just one "where"!...

Anyway not in that way..................trust me, I am the last person that will be waiting for a chance to bump into him!.. Just wondering where he was!

Ah he is cute to be fair.

Advertisement