Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

pilly wrote: »
    No, just one "where"!...

Anyway not in that way..................trust me, I am the last person that will be waiting for a chance to bump into him!.. Just wondering where he was!

Ah he is cute to be fair.
    He was on our train to Dublin from Tipperary.
    He has that real young vibe about him, I think he'd be great on kids/teen TV.
    But genuinely so nice and happy to chat about DWTS. I was team Dayl all the way!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Applications for tickets for the next series are now being accepted.
    Apparently over 5000 applications have been made since yesterday!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Applications are closed already for the entire series.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I heard on the radio yesterday that Conor McGregor's sister Erin, Brendan O’Carroll’s daughter Fiona and Nathan Carter’s brother Jake are in talks to take part in the show. So the show should be renamed Dancing with the relatives of Stars. :rolleyes:

It's only the second series and RTE are already scrapping the barrel in terms of "stars". By the third series it will be Pat Kenny's milkman and Miriam O'Callaghan's hairdresser taking part. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I heard on the radio yesterday that Conor McGregor's sister Erin, Brendan O’Carroll’s daughter Fiona and Nathan Carter’s brother Jake are in talks to take part in the show. So the show should be renamed Dancing with the relatives of Stars.

Nathan Carter's brother is a singer in his own right too in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Fiona O'Carroll is an actress, she plays one of the daughters or daughters in law in Mrs Brown's Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

dee_mc wrote: »
    Fiona O'Carroll is an actress, she plays one of the daughters or daughters in law in Mrs Brown's Boys.

The one thats tax dodging?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I heard on the radio yesterday that Conor McGregor's sister Erin, Brendan O’Carroll’s daughter Fiona and Nathan Carter’s brother Jake are in talks to take part in the show. So the show should be renamed Dancing with the relatives of Stars. :rolleyes:

It's only the second series and RTE are already scrapping the barrel in terms of "stars". By the third series it will be Pat Kenny's milkman and Miriam O'Callaghan's hairdresser taking part. :D

There is bound to be an actor/actress from Fair City, Love/Hate or Red Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rte-star-jenny-greene-appear-11494281

So does this mean the RTE orchestra will be used this series for the whole thing or just one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rte-star-jenny-greene-appear-11494281

So does this mean the RTE orchestra will be used this series for the whole thing or just one week?

I'm unsure to be honest.
    Would the orchestra find it difficult to stay going each week(ie song/dance choices) compared to a band such as they'd have on strictly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

The pros have stated rehearsals https://twitter.com/DWTSIRL/status/930201082021793792

So they have announced a new pro to replace Sean Smullen who is competing internationally this year his name is Robert Rowinski and won the Polish version, he was also on Giovanni Tour from Strictly https://twitter.com/DWTSIRL/status/930386886690050049

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I hope Karen (I think that's her name? The girl who was paired with Des C last year) gets a decent partner this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

dee_mc wrote: »
    I hope Karen (I think that's her name? The girl who was paired with Des C last year) gets a decent partner this year.

Dessie is going to be very jealous of Karen's new partner:D

Just from something I saw/heard online Niamh Kavanagh might be doing it!

I think one of the Cavan twins from GoggleBox Ireland also rumoured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Whoever they get to do it, nobody will give the same laugh as Hughie did.....still laugh when I think of it

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

One of them appears to big into dancing and I think they did it locally!

Is it wrong to fancy them?!
    Boys if you're reading I'll take two for the price of one if you know your way around the kitchen/hoover/DIY shop.

Is it wrong to fancy them?!
    Boys if you're reading I'll take two for the price of one if you know your way around the kitchen/hoover/DIY shop.

I have heard of people being attracted to them one slightly more than the other but it's mainly because they are sort of normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Saw somewhere a suggestion that weatherman Gerard Fleming could be taking part-think he’d be popular

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Saw somewhere a suggestion that weatherman Gerard Fleming could be taking part-think he’d be popular

JOanna Donnelly has being rumored as well!

Frances Fitzgerald might be free now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

She's not very good at remembering things so entire routines might be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seriously??!!!

Leo V loves the spotlight would probably suit him more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/1203/924529-deirdre-okane-to-waltz-her-way-onto-dwts-in-january/
    Actor, comedian and presenter Deirdre O’Kanehas been announced as the first star set to waltz her way onto the dance floor in the New Year when Dancing with the Stars returns to RTÉ One

The next celebrity dancer to join Deirdre will be revealed on Monday December 4.

Amanda Byram and Nicky Byrne will return to present the new series of Dancing with the Stars. Airing on RTÉ One for 12 weeks from 6.30pm on Sunday January 7, a total of 11 celebrities will pair up with their professional dancing partners.

Also returning this year is the expert panel of judges including Brian Redmond, Loraine Barry and Julian Benson.

Can’t Stop Dancing, the preview show for Dancing with the Stars hosted by Bláthnaid Treacy, will be back on Thursday, January 4 at 9.30pm on RTÉ2.

Ryaner179 wrote: »

Great..the most unfunny 'comedian' will now be unavoidable to see every week..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I've no idea who he Is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Not that **** Jesus Christ.

Advertisement