Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

LOL! Stars? Celebrities? We know what to expect at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jake Carter(Nathan's brother) should be confirmed soon also maybe Anna Geary(Cork Comogie player)

Another name being mentioned is Stefanie Preissner(Can't cope won't cope).

Another few possible names!
    Maia Dunphy.
    James Kavanagh(Blogger/Banana bread guy from Taste of Success, also brother to Conor Mcgregor trainer.)
    Pippa O'Connor.(Model/etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maia Dunphy.
    James Kavanagh(Blogger/Banana bread guy from Taste of Success, also brother to Conor Mcgregor trainer.)

If Pippa does it, I think Mr. Pippa, Brian would too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

pilly wrote: »
    I've no idea who he Is!

Aren't you the lucky one?

To thine own self be true

Norah Casey also being mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I'd expect a GAA name alright after last series, maybe a retired Dublin one. Can't have the culchies winning something they could win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Radio5 wrote: »
    I'd expect a GAA name alright after last series, maybe a retired Dublin one. Can't have the culchies winning something they could win!!!

GAA also includes hurling and handball. The culchies win these every year. Dublin are the nouveau riche of gaelic football, one all ireland between 1983 and 2011. A few all irelands lately, with 1.5 million population is not really that impressive. Especially as you beat Mayo by 1 point in three of those finals.

I would like to see a real star, with 9 all-ireland medals like Tommy Walsh Kilkenny, not that silly big guy Vinny Murphy.

Maia Dunphy.

Maia is 3rd name announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Norah Casey also being mentioned!

I suppose she'd been out of the public eye a bit too much for her own liking for the last year or two. Seems like an ideal way to inflict herself on us again.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maia is 3rd name announced

I was good to predict that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Not liking any of them so far!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Not liking any of them so far!

I really like Deirdre I think she could be good

Also
    https://twitter.com/DWTSIRL/status/938348443721977856

Show is confirmed to return for the 7th of January for 6:30 p.m

I don't mind any of the names mentioned this year so far either rumored or confirmed. I've no idea will any of the be good tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I heard on the radio this morning that the remaining contestants will be revealed on the Late Late Show tonight. It also said
    Conor McGregor's Sister :rolleyes: and Marty Morrissey :eek:
    were taking part.

I heard on the radio this morning that the remaining contestants will be revealed on the Late Late Show tonight. It also said
    Conor McGregor's Sister :rolleyes: and Marty Morrissey :eek:
    were taking part.

I've heard those names mentioned. I think I mentioned that James Kavenagh might have being taking part but it looks like he's doing something to do with Ireland's Got Talent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

368100 wrote: »
    Is Erin mcgregor a "star" or only known because of her brother?

I think she might have done a little fitness modeling/etc and maybe a bit of blogging!

• Advertisement

It could be argued that she's an "up and coming star" (lots of inverted commas are needed) but the question is whether it's due to working off her own bat or whether her brother's name helped the cause.
    I think the line-up is a bit better this year. Kinda surprised there's no Fair City/Ros na Run/A.N. Other soap personality in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Heroditas wrote: »
    It could be argued that she's an "up and coming star" (lots of inverted commas are needed) but the question is whether it's due to working off her own bat or whether her brother's name helped the cause.
    I think the line-up is a bit better this year. Kinda surprised there's no Fair City/Ros na Run/A.N. Other soap personality in it.

There's still time for it!

I actually think the line up would have being much better. I was expecting a weather woman/better known rugby player/soap star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I actually think the line up would have being much better. I was expecting a weather woman/better known rugby player/soap star.

Is there a rugby player signed up?

nagdefy wrote: »

Tomas O'Leary

nagdefy wrote: »

Thomas O'Leary, former Munster player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Tomas O'Leary

He's achieved at least. Heineken Cup with Munster 2008 and a Grand Slam in 2009. Like O'Mahony in his mid 30s and fit physically.

Marty Morrissey will probably be a slightly better version of Des Cahill! Norah Casey, Marty.. age is against them for dances demanding agility. Don't mean to be cruel but weight in Norah's case too. If it was Mary Kennedy or someone you'd lift them but hard to do anything elaborate with people of normal, or a little above, weight over 50.

The stars are because I don't think everybody has being mentioned!
    Anna Geary. Cork Comogie player
    Bernard O'Shea. Eamon from Birdget and Eamon and 2fm.
    Jake Carter. Nathan's brother. Does a bit of singing more so in the UK I think.
    Norah Casey. Dragons den/ reality programs with people and magazines.
    Deirdre O'Kane. Comedian and Gogglebox.
    Aoife Walsh.Former Ms Ireland.
    Erin McGregor. Conor brother/modeling/blog.
    Rob Heffernan. Olympian
    Maia Dunphy. Did the odd program and maybe a bit of writing.
    Marty Morrissey. GAA commentator.
    Thomas O'leary. Rugby player.

368100 wrote: »
    Is Erin mcgregor a "star" or only known because of her brother?

Known for the brother, what is his name again :P

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Known for the brother, what is his name again :P

Assh*le McScumbag. :D

Advertisement