Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Height and the fact last year she had the best male dancer so now she has more of a challenge

Such a waste... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Heroditas wrote: »

Maybe or maybe not a lot of them are saying marty could be a surprise, also it gives people like Karen an opportunity to show what she can do with someone with more experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Height and the fact last year she had the best male dancer so now she has more of a challenge

Disagree. Last year I thought Karen was going to have a disaster with Des but she made the most of the partnership and they overachieved.

honeybear wrote: »
    Disagree. Last year I thought Karen was going to have a disaster with Des but she made the most of the partnership and they overachieved.

They overachieved because Des was popular and they got votes, not because Des could dance. He barely improved over the course of the show. He was awful.
    My one hope is that Ksenia will drill some dancing ability into Marty.

EDIT: anyway, can't wait for it to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Really looking forward to this year . I love Strictly but enjoy the less pressurised Irish version !

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this year . I love Strictly but enjoy the less pressurised Irish version !

I think we're going to see some really competitive people this year, particularly with the three sportspeople. No better people to get into the spirit of it and give 100%.

I think we're going to see some really competitive people this year, particularly with the three sportspeople. No better people to get into the spirit of it and give 100%.

Yes , I think last year people were testing the water and it was relaxed .Can see it being less so this year .!

https://twitter.com/entertainmentIE/status/949313803698819072

Julain to miss first two weeks Darren Bennett will replace him again

Hurray!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

https://twitter.com/entertainmentIE/status/949313803698819072

Julain to miss first two weeks Darren Bennett will replace him again
    Would they not just give Darren the job altogether? :confused:

Julian seems a bit..... flaky!

Was the show the other night just about the pairing-up process, or was there any other reason to watch? All so contrived and fake that I won't bother looking for it if that's all it was.... at this stage I've seen the pairings anyhow!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Would they not just give Darren the job altogether? :confused:

Julian seems a bit..... flaky!

Was the show the other night just about the pairing-up process, or was there any other reason to watch? All so contrived and fake that I won't bother looking for it if that's all it was.... at this stage I've seen the pairings anyhow!

Darren is creative director so he already has a job on the show although I kind of agree maybe even just add Darren as a fourth judge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Ksenia and Marty - why? Just why??!!
    Look at the bright side. Marty will be in the show right to the final 3 no matter how crap he may be. Therefore Ksenia will be in the show right to the end.
    Nom nom....:pac:

Is there any betting on DWTS?

New advert actually is pretty well done sort of in the same league of some older Strictly ads

honeybear wrote: »
    Is there any betting on DWTS?

Yeah http://www.paddypower.com/bet/tv-specials/dancing-with-the-stars-ireland

Paddy Power have Anna, Jake and Erin as favorites

Without seeing their first dance, I'm rooting for Erin-she was hilarious on the LLS-Marty looked petrified of her! In the photos, Maia looks elegant. I was disappointed with SCD this year so I hope DWTS is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Darren is creative director so he already has a job on the show although I kind of agree maybe even just add Darren as a fourth judge

No no no....can't stand Julian Benson and hedges....get rid, Darren replace and all is good

I was hoping it would just be the judges but looks like they're bringing back some of the contestants from last year as well in that case.
    How long before Ray asks Thalia how she's getting on with Ryan. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know if I'll watch this or Dancing on Ice tonight. I always find shows when there's no elimination a little boring.(If they are doing the same thing as last year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I don't know if I'll watch this or Dancing on Ice tonight. I always find shows when there's no elimination a little boring.(If they are doing the same thing as last year)
    :eek:

Dancing on Ice is starting??????????

Looking forward to a great evening !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Amanda nearly tripped on the stairs! Is it an omen for the series..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Amanda almost fell down the stairs, fluffed the autocue and she is wooden as ever. Marvellous!

Looking forward to another series of Walking Dancing With the Stars Siblings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Amanda has a Celine dion affect about her. All the faux facial expressions and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Julian is sick again??? Didn't that happen last year as well? FFS. Just use the other guy permanently

I don't think Amanda is as wooden this year. Still bad though. And jebus her script!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

amdublin wrote: »
    Julian is sick again??? Didn't that happen last year as well? FFS. Just use the other guy permanently

Bit harsh, [mod snip][/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The cringe is strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

amdublin wrote: »

I don't think Amanda is as wooden this year. Still bad though. And jebus her script!!!!

Ah no. Any of us can get sick. Doesn't sound great 2 yrs in a row. Hope it's not serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Amanda's hairstyle does nothing for her, IMO. Looks terrible, in fact.

Advertisement