Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I was just thinking, Bernad's "comedy" is a hindrance to his concentration on the dancing. Gratified when the female judge told him less comedy would be better - words to that effect.

Valeria is stunning. Love her dress.

I agree . Its not like he is the funniest man on the planet !

Valeria and Guilia are stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Arcadian Dublin

Wouldn't it make sense to have them all do the same style of dance? Foxtrot is pretty different to jive etc

Aineoil wrote: »
    Wow Tomás!

Thought he was really good !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I really prefer the camerawork on this compared to Strictly.

Both dancers in full length on screen so you can see complete dance unlike BBC who keep switching cameras and zooming in too much for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Guilia is a super dancer - was criminal she left relatively early with Des B last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't it make sense to have them all do the same style of dance? Foxtrot is pretty different to jive etc

So the audience would get bored watching the same dance and listening to the same type of music?

It's better with them mixing it up and they will all get to do all the dances as the show progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thought he was really good !

Thought he was the best dancer so far, tonight. As the weeks go by he'll improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Aineoil wrote:
    Wow Tomás!

Thought he was rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Amanda has a Celine dion affect about her. All the faux facial expressions and delivery.

Oh that’s so true. :)

Funny thing is I’m sure that’s exactly what she aims for and that she would see your comment as a huge compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I agree . Its not like he is the funniest man on the planet !

I did find him funny, but I think some of his jokes may have been a reaction to nerves and realizing he is so bad at the steps.

I never watch Bridget and Eamonn, as I can't stand Bridget shouting. LOL! So it's my first time seeing Bernard (aka Eamonn).

• Advertisement

To be fair the girls aren’t bad. I can’t imagine a group dance with Bernard and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

why is Johnny Vegas there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I don't get the Amanda b*tching. She's a bit wooden but there seems to be a lot of begrudgery towards her. She's far from the nastiest person on tv.

Maia is his wife

He is Maia 's husband

I did find him funny, but I think some of his jokes may have been a reaction to nerves and realizing he is so bad at the steps.

I found him funny tonight too. Usually I don't find him funny but I think tonight the nerves really got to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Arcadian Dublin

He's drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

I love Bernard! You could see some nerves were getting in his way but he is more real and honest than the rest of the showbiz lot. Bernard for the win!

Vegas is in the house!

You wodden get thah in Des Kellys !!!!

• Advertisement

Siblings of stars is just lazy. If they put a bit of effort in earlier last year Rte would have got their compliment of reasonably well known people.

People on their way up but unknown to the majority yet like Jake Carter really shouldn't count.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Siblings of stars is just lazy. If they put a bit of effort in earlier last year Rte would have got their compliment of reasonably well known people.

People on their way up but unknown to the majority yet like Jake Carter really shouldn't count.

I doubt very much he will win . He is not a GAA player !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Just switched the plus 1 on.

I found it very flat when they were interviewing the judges (but I have just been watching Dancing on Ice)

[Mod snip] Never knew that

Great dance by that young Carter fella.

Just switched the plus 1 on.

I found it very flat when they were interviewing the judges (but I have just been watching Dancing on Ice)

[mod snip]

I actually am a bit wary of that info . It seems to be based on nothing concrete at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Amanda's hairstyle does nothing for her, IMO. Looks terrible, in fact.

She has some set of legs though. Very toned, look strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Jake Carter (let’s cash in on my brothers “fame”), he’s a performing artist used to being on stage. Shock horror that he can dance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think Anna Geary has a great chance - GAA vote and very popular also. I'd say she is very competitive and good at dancing also.

People say that abt Mahony. He wasn't a popular player nationally at all. Diving and shaping, cynical when playing. Most gaa supporters wouldn't vote for ex players anyway. Wouldn't be bothered. I'd say it was a guards thing!

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    People say that abt Mahony. He wasn't a popular player nationally at all. Diving and shaping, cynical when playing. Most gaa supporters wouldn't vote for ex players anyway. Wouldn't be bothered. I'd say it was a guards thing!

Maybe so . He definitely didn't win because he was the best dancer !!

Advertisement