Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Watching last night brought back memories of how long I found every show last year. 2 hours to watch 5 dancers do routines lasting less than 2 minutes each. And as mentioned earlier in the thread 20 minutes in and we still hadn't seen any of the dancers. The shows are far too long. Very hard to stay focused on the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It'll get better after next week when they all dance on the one night.
    The first two weeks do drag a bit too much.

The last few weeks did as well when there were less people. There was a lot of fillers like even more talking time with the judges. It's funny. I'd watch all of strictly and I wouldn't feel the time dragging at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The pro routines are always well worth the watch. Didn't notice the two hours going by tbh.

The pro routine at the end was so good! Pity that the show is clashing with Dancing on Ice.

• Advertisement

Areas wrote: »
    The pro routine at the end was so good! Pity that the show is clashing with Dancing on Ice.

Lilia is such a good choreographer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Marty is rambling on with the same oul plamas after each dance that Dessie did last year. Everything is great, everone is lovely, i'm totally out of breath but you can feel the emotion in my voice. It appears like i could cry at any moment.

The similarities are uncanny, also in background, age etc. The two also appear to talk more than any other contestant. Always have the last word, 'let me just say finally' etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Oh was there another pro routine at the end? I didn't see the point of watching after all the men had danced.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Oh was there another pro routine at the end? I didn't see the point of watching after all the men had danced.
    Have a look back at it if you can - it was fantastic! By far the best thing about the whole show, tbh.

I very nearly turned off as well but there was a good half an hour after the last dance (mostly filler fluff while they waited for voting to finish, but the pro dance is worth a look).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

What was the vote for if no-one left? I lost interest by the end. Show is far too long.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    What was the vote for if no-one left? I lost interest by the end. Show is far too long.
    Have to say I agree!

The votes will be carried over to the third week when they all do their second dances and will contribute to the placings that night.

They do something similar on Strictly, but I think it might be the judges who vote? (need to concentrate more!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I agree it was far too long and too many fillers . No idea what we were voting for either !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I agree it was far too long and too many fillers . No idea what we were voting for either !

You vote for the men this week and the women next week. There vote will be carried forward to week three. It's basically to give people a chance encase they mess up on week one. They did the same thing last year. It was long tough but the same as last year.
    Similar to the annoying week in Strictly when they do the reveal.

You vote for the men this week and the women next week. There vote will be carried forward to week three. It's basically to give people a chance encase they mess up on week one. They did the same thing last year. It was long tough but the same as last year.
    Similar to the annoying week in Strictly when they do the reveal.

Ah thank you . I won't be voting just yet anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Girls dances for Sunday:
    Erin - Salsa
    Deirdre - Jive
    Norah- Foxtrot
    Alannah-Waltz
    Anna- Tango
    Maia- Cha Cha or Salsa?

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Girls dances for Sunday:
    Erin - Salsa
    Deirdre - Jive
    Norah- Foxtrot
    Alannah-Waltz
    Anna- Tango
    Maia- Cha Cha or Salsa?
    That looks like they're playing very much to their (potential) strengths......

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Apart from Maia. That might be quite uncomfortable to watch

Edit: did anyone watch Can't Stop Dancing last night? That "expert" (Jane Shortall) they had on managed to talk am impressive amount of nonsense and mess up some dance steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heroditas wrote: »
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Apart from Maia. That might be quite uncomfortable to watch

Edit: did anyone watch Can't Stop Dancing last night? That "expert" (Jane Shortall) they had on managed to talk am impressive amount of nonsense and mess up some dance steps?
    I think Maia will be fine

So, what's watching?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

o/

• Advertisement

Waiting until the kids are in bed and will then be fast forwarding through all the ads and filler!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Great opening dance by the professionals and Amanda looks super with her hair tied up

Norah Casey looks a lot better than she does in the cover shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Anna Geary has got serious muscle on her upper arms and shoulders. I'm jealous.

If I was rehearsing I'd be terrified of falling out the upstairs floor to ceiling window!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anna Geary has got serious muscle on her upper arms and shoulders. I'm jealous.

serious shoulder envy :o

Anna was good , I enjoyed that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Vitali comes across as very strict - think I'd prefer Kai :D

Allanas dress was beautiful . I loved the set for the waltz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Why does Marty look like he's going fly fishing?

Advertisement