Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Mcgregors sister would do ur head in,in about 5seconds,sounds pure skanger

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Nope ! Apparently she is a fitness model

But yet not used to the spotlight like all the others.... she's new to it.... yeah right :rolleyes:

She was well able to pose for the camera in the blurb bit before her dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Missed that.... Will have to watch back when i get home later!!

Just saw end of DWTS and I think that they were dancing together

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The bodies on the female professional dancers are out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nope ! Apparently she is a fitness model

And Blogger!(I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Just how did Tomas O'Leary grow a full beard in a week?

As much as I can't stand her Erin was the best dancer. Deirdre was half hearted at best and some of the others were holding themselves back probably due to nerves.

The bodies on the female professional dancers are out of this world.

My sister and I were commenting the same ... as we were eating a pizza!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If you start watching at 715, you can skip all of Amanda and Nicky and just hear the judges, see the dances and maybe watch the training VTs. I only had to endure 15 minutes live which made it all very watchable.

All the women were decent for a week one effort.

Genealogy Forum Mod

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Just how did Tomas O'Leary grow a full beard in a week?

He had a beard last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I didn't think it was possible but Erin's even more of a pain in the ass than her brother.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Jesus some of you are disgusting with Erin she is someone who as she said is new to the camera etc I thought it was refreshing and again she was one of the better dancers her, Anna Alannah and Deirdre were better then all the boys last week Jake so far is the only one who can compete with them but knowing this show and the voting we will be left with 3 lads in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

QUOTE=Mr. Rahm;105841136]Rob Heffernan will walk this.[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Jesus some of you are disgusting with Erin she is someone who as she said is new to the camera etc I thought it was refreshing and again she was one of the better dancers her, Anna Alannah and Deirdre were better then all the boys last week Jake so far is the only one who can compete with them but knowing this show and the voting we will be left with 3 lads in the final

Erin fan here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

He had a beard last week!

In the VT of the training for this week's routine he was clean shaven. I guess that training must have started some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

honeybear wrote: »
    Erin fan here

Ryaner McShane?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,597 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryaner179 wrote: »

This is a reality show and not just a dancing show. If it was just a dancing show they'd be no talk about bad knees, dead husbands, All Ireland medals, babies and house coats. It part of what your getting into when you sign up to the show and some people are more likable than other aren't and it does effect the vote.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ryaner McShane?

My first thought as well!

My first thought as well!

Lol! No. Just think she's being herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

The ladies are much better than the guys. Ryan and Erin are well matched, both insufferable, no way was that the best dance of the night. I though Alannah did very well, with a shorter training period than the others. Anna was better than I expected, should be round at the business end. Norah had a nice foxtrot with a well chosen song but I think the faster and Latin will really challenge her.

Is Julian still sick? He missed a few weeks last year through illness. I amazed at the amount of filler on the show, it must have been 25 minutes before the first dance.

I'm not giving up on Maia. I'm a SCD fan and remember Abbey Clancy was like a stick on weeks 1 & 2 - following routine perfectly but rigid. She then got great confidence and really shone as the show went on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Erin fan here

No I think it's one of the Boards.ie resident bots who trawl every thread looking to avenge any perceived slight against the McGregor family.

Anyway, thought Erin was overmarked. Incredibly unlikeable though. Stop talking about your brother.
    Alannah was very good and I enjoyed her dance.
    Does every GAA player need to use GAA equipment as a prop for their dance? Cringe...
    Norah was better than I thought she'd be but she will struggle badly with the Latin dances.
    Maia wasn't good at all. The question is whether she can actually loosen up at all.
    Deirdre - mid table as I expected but that was a very quick song to try to Jive to!!

I'm not giving up on Maia. I'm a SCD fan and remember Abbey Clancy was like a stick on weeks 1 & 2 - following routine perfectly but rigid. She then got great confidence and really shone as the show went on
    Having just watched back the beginning of the show, have to agree with this!

She wasn't half as bad as I'd feared from seeing only the scores and the snippet earlier! That was quite the routine to come out first night to do, esp. for a non-showbiz-type person.

If she can get through a couple of weeks I suspect she might be a contender to be reckoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Deirdre looked like she was running out of puff by the end of that! (Can't say i blame her!)

Has to be marked better then Erin.... unless the judges are afraid of Erin????

They're probably more afraid of Conor! :D

She was incredibly nervous and tense and it showed in her body .

Maia has a fabulous figure. She looked great. But she was obviously terrified.
    It must have been some ordeal to have to dance on her own at the beginning
    on her very first night. A bit mean of her partner to do that to her. He struck me
    as someone who wanted to show off what a 'marvellous' dancer he was himself, doing his solos.

When I saw Erin's score part of me was thinking is the fourth judge Conor's cheque book!

Or his fists!

Just saw end of DWTS and I think that they were dancing together

I thought it was rather kind of Erin to mention Maia specifically at the end when she was talking about how incredibly hard all the girls had worked during the week, as Maia must have been feeling bad about her very low mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I thought it was rather kind of Erin to mention Maia specifically at the end when she was talking about how incredibly hard all the girls had worked during the week, as Maia must have been feeling bad about her very low mark.

Erin's getting a terrible press here. She yapped too much but nothing terribly bad or boastful. Any of us could be the same on live tv after the high of competing your dance and all the work you'd have put in.

Seems to be getting on peoples' nerves because she's a McGregor and she has a real Dublin accent as opposed to a pseudo American one where the voice is raised at the end.

Amanda is wooden and has awful script but again there's nothing only negativity towards her when she again doesn't appear to be a bad person in anyway. People accuse her of being false, i'd rather that than the love in stuff Marty and Dessie last year go on with. I'm aware that defending both Amanda and Erin may seem contradictory!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

nagdefy wrote: »
    Erin's getting a terrible press here. She yapped too much but nothing terribly bad or boastful. Any of us could be the same on live tv after the high of competing your dance and all the work you'd have put in.

Seems to be getting on peoples' nerves because she's a McGregor and she has a real Dublin accent as opposed to a pseudo American one where the voice is raised at the end.

Amanda is wooden and has awful script but again there's nothing only negativity towards her when she again doesn't appear to be a bad person in anyway. People accuse her of being false, i'd rather that than the love in stuff Marty and Dessie last year go on with. I'm aware that defending both Amanda and Erin may seem contradictory!

Erin accent had nothing to do with my opinion of her . I am surrounded by that accent and surrounded by lovely people with that accent . Erin bugs me with her mouthy attention seeking . Nothing more

• Advertisement

Erin also seems to have a complete inability to talk about anything bar her brother.

Advertisement