Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for family history of Mary Kate Reilly Rossduff

Options
  • 11-09-2016 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi looking for any information on Mary Kate Reilly born 08 December 1931 in rossduff colmcille her parents were Patrick reilly and Margaret Reilly supposedly she had a brother named larry i have learned she was reared by a family named brown not far from where she was from kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Parsnips84 wrote: »
    Hi looking for any information on Mary Kate Reilly born 08 December 1931 in rossduff colmcille her parents were Patrick reilly and Margaret Reilly supposedly she had a brother named larry i have learned she was reared by a family named brown not far from where she was from kind regards

Hey Parsnips, you might be in luck. That's where I'm from. I'd be confident my dad should know her. I'll get back to you when I get chatting to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Parsnips84

scudster wrote: »
    Hey Parsnips, you might be in luck. That's where I'm from. I'd be confident my dad should know her. I'll get back to you when I get chatting to him.

Hi Scudster thanks for looking into this for me i look forward to reading any information your dad is be able to recall kind regards :-)

Hi Scudster thanks for looking into this for me i look forward to reading any information your dad is be able to recall kind regards :-)
    This is what my parents have told me who they think she is...
    She is Jimmy Reilly's sister, (Jimmy is our next door neighbour and my dads good friend). They have looked up Ancestry & got her application for naturalisation in California -she was a nun! The date of birth is same, she died at young age, no Brown connection & no brother Larry.
    I'm pretty sure my dad will mention this to Jimmy the next time he's talking to him and may have more to add.
    Hope this is useful.

This is what my parents have told me who they think she is...
    She is Jimmy Reilly's sister, (Jimmy is our next door neighbour and my dads good friend). They have looked up Ancestry & got her application for naturalisation in California -she was a nun! The date of birth is same, she died at young age, no Brown connection & no brother Larry.
    I'm pretty sure my dad will mention this to Jimmy the next time he's talking to him and may have more to add.
    Hope this is useful.

Hi yes thankyou this is useful i think there may of been a mix up somewhere my friend who asked me to look into her family history in Longford gave me her mother's marriage cert she married a william mulligan her father on the birth cert is listed as Patrick Reilly she said is her mother and that 08 December 1931 was her birth date she got married 17 may 1951 and had one brother named larry she had lost touch with after she had married i looked up baptisms records on irishroots.ie with this date of birth in Longford with the parents name of Patrick reilly and it gave me two records one with maria reilly born 08 12 1951 the other maria catherine reilly born 08 December 1932 both in rossduff both with same parents and sponsors my friends mother died young too aged 46 she thinks and she said she had been reared by a brown family but thats all she knew about her mother can you ask your dad was there another mary kate reilly with this info please kind regards

Hi yes thankyou this is useful i think there may of been a mix up somewhere my friend who asked me to look into her family history in Longford gave me her mother's marriage cert she married a william mulligan her father on the birth cert is listed as Patrick Reilly she said is her mother and that 08 December 1931 was her birth date she got married 17 may 1951 and had one brother named larry she had lost touch with after she had married i looked up baptisms records on irishroots.ie with this date of birth in Longford with the parents name of Patrick reilly and it gave me two records one with maria reilly born 08 12 1951 the other maria catherine reilly born 08 December 1932 both in rossduff both with same parents and sponsors my friends mother died young too aged 46 she thinks and she said she had been reared by a brown family but thats all she knew about her mother can you ask your dad was there another mary kate reilly with this info please kind regards
    Oh sorry just one more thing i have remembered the baptism record for william mulligan on irishroots.ie noted the marriage date as 17 may 1951 mary frayne reilly which i assume whoever transcribed it from the registers for online read it wrong once again thankyou for looking into this for me kind regards

• Advertisement

Oh sorry just one more thing i have remembered the baptism record for william mulligan on irishroots.ie noted the marriage date as 17 may 1951 mary frayne reilly which i assume whoever transcribed it from the registers for online read it wrong once again thankyou for looking into this for me kind regards
    sorry i meant her father patrick was listed on her marriage cert stupid touchscreen jumbled up my message hope you can make head and tail of it or i can re write it if that helps kind regards

sorry i meant her father patrick was listed on her marriage cert stupid touchscreen jumbled up my message hope you can make head and tail of it or i can re write it if that helps kind regards

Just got this reply from my parents.
    Mary Kate Reilly (Sister Mary Concepta) is only MK Reilly Rossduff. no other Reilly except JJ's & Eugene's & hills and none have that name & that timeline.

Just got this reply from my parents.
    Mary Kate Reilly (Sister Mary Concepta) is only MK Reilly Rossduff. no other Reilly except JJ's & Eugene's & hills and none have that name & that timeline.

Hi Scudster thanks for that mary kate reilly of rossduff isn't my friend's mother so if she turned out to be a nun there must be another mary kate reilly with the same birthday who was her mother born in another part of Longford ill have to start my search again its so confusing because my friend doesn't have much info to go on please pass on my sincere thanks and apologies to your parents for any inconvenience caused take care kind regards :-)

Hi Scudster thanks for that mary kate reilly of rossduff isn't my friend's mother so if she turned out to be a nun there must be another mary kate reilly with the same birthday who was her mother born in another part of Longford ill have to start my search again its so confusing because my friend doesn't have much info to go on please pass on my sincere thanks and apologies to your parents for any inconvenience caused take care kind regards :-)

No problem at all. My dad enjoys local ancestry stuff so no inconvienence at all. If you get more info let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

No problem at all. My dad enjoys local ancestry stuff so no inconvienence at all. If you get more info let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

Hi Scudster that is great thankyou i have since learned there was talk that she may of lived in clonbroney i found a Reilly Family living there in 1911 census with those names of a brother laurence and sister mary kate but the ages and timeline wouldn't fit to it been her mother but saying that this could be an aunt and uncle and grandparents of my friends mother so fingers crossed something will turn up kind regards :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement