Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to visit in Galway, Kilcolgan etc

Options
  • 11-09-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭

Hello I was wondering can people recommend any places around Galway or Kilcolgan that side of the place that are known to be haunted or just freaky.. I heard of some bnb in Kilcolgan where abouts is this.. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jcollins1000

Did a few investigations with some friends in the past with some friends when i was living the Galway area.Done Oranmore castle which cost 500 and nothing there tbh but lovely spot,castle ellen which was free for the night again nothing but well worth it and the owner is a true gent.Castledaly was spooky now at the time we did not bring any audio or anything but was very weird there.Went back a 2nd time and nothing but on 3rd visit got two voices on recorders one saying wars has been and one just saying live and something else we could not make out.Woodlawn house has a huge reputation as does thoor baley and renvyle house but did not let us in. Finally Glengowla Mines could be a really interesting spot i would think. Hope this helps but Galway is full of great spots such as ruined Castles and manor houses always great places to be found even on a simple Sunday drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello J Collins great thank you for that.. Might have to go on a bit of a trip tomorrow i would be interested to find Castledaly if anything just to see it. Is it hard to find? The audio sounds interesting, tis mad the stuff that gets picked up on it... Ive heard of Woodlawn alright we went there in the dark once nearly drove over a dodgy bridge into a lake whoopsie

Sorry for twenty questions now but do you have any old ruins or that off the top of your head that would be good to go see. Have lots of time to fill and love going to see places

No worries ask away.I was not driving at the time of Castledaly but il give one of the lads a shout and see what the directions are.From memory it was not that hard to find but id be chatting away i could end up anywhere lol.As for other places meant to say DRUID LANE THEATRE has a big reputation for being haunted.Off the top of my head i can think of menlough castle,Dunmore castle Dunmore abbey,Clifden castle and Ardfry house which is a must visit.

Great thanks so much again ill put a list together of all these and maybe do a wondering weekend.. I was looking online but not being too familiar with roads and names of places, so id more than likely get lost somewhere. Himself has a sat nav so that I am sure will help. Clifden Castle looks funky Ardfry reminds me of Ducketts grove on a smaller scale... Road trip time

Have fun guys.Also highly recommend a day trip to aughnanure castle,Dunguaire Castle and Thoor Ballylee all open to public but with an admission.If i hear back from guy with directions for Castledaly il send you on a private message.

• Advertisement

Thank you so much great to know of all these places..star bar

Advertisement