Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free, or cheap Tennis Courts?

Options
  • 11-09-2016 2:35pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to play a bit of tennis but don't want to join a club. Does anyone know of some courts that are free to use? Or maybe pay to play that's not expensive?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Zascar wrote: »
    Looking to play a bit of tennis but don't want to join a club. Does anyone know of some courts that are free to use? Or maybe pay to play that's not expensive?
    Thanks

Marley park , bushy park are all free. I'm sure other parks have free courts too

Just saw this: http://www.meetup.com/Tennis-Dublin/pages/4602722/Public_Courts/

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Dun Laoghaire - Clarinda Park has a few as well. Pretty good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks

If you're looking for someone to play with send me a pm, would love to play some tennis but couldn't justify joining a club. Complete novice.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Herbert park courts have just been refurbished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Isn't there a court in Cluny Grove (off Avondale Rd, Killiney) that is pretty cheap to use?

I'm not sure how you go about booking it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 marchantnick

Do you know any with floodlights so that you can play in evenings over the winter?

I heard that you can pay per hour for indoor or outdoor courts up at The National Tennis Centre in Alberts College Park beside DCU, but it's a wee bit far for me to travel. Would be interested to hear of any others, especially in the west of the city near Rialto.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

UCD have lit courts, they're not free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

http://www.meadowvaletennis.com/

Great set of tennis courts. Very reasonable annual fees also.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Shankill Tennis Club, pay to play is Euros 6 per hour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Do you know any with floodlights so that you can play in evenings over the winter?

I heard that you can pay per hour for indoor or outdoor courts up at The National Tennis Centre in Alberts College Park beside DCU, but it's a wee bit far for me to travel. Would be interested to hear of any others, especially in the west of the city near Rialto.

Thanks

Sundrive park has 2 courts free of charge , near enough to Rialto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

http://www.meetup.com/Tennis-Dublin/pages/4602722/Public_Courts/

Start calling around about floodlights I'd say.

Advertisement