Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and safety leave advice for school with severe behavioral difficulties

Options
  • 11-09-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for some information on taking health and safety leave prior to maternity leave. The school is a school for children with behavioural difficulties which can be a high risk environment for a pregnant woman.

I'm concerned that my partner is at risk, being at teacher in the classroom and classroom assistants have also expressed their concerns to her. I'm wondering what our options our in relation to taking early leave prior to maternity? Does anybody have any information about health and safety leave and would this be available in such a situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

If your partner is a member of a union, I'd suggest she give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

The circular is on the Department's website. It won't let me post a link, but if you Google 'health and safety leave department education' you will get a link to cl0009_2013

Advertisement