Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mucky Duck parking?

Options
  • 11-09-2016 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Haven't been in ages, has something changed recently?
    Up to 7 cars clamped yesterday evening (Saturday).
    Customers and staff affected.
    I thought it was free on weekends/evenings as it was a public car park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

It's pay parking 24/7 for the last few weeks. I nearly got clamped there a couple of weeks ago, I parked on a Saturday evening for 15 minutes and just arrived back in time as they were clamping cars in the car park. I thought there was a notice though to say that customers of the Duck had free parking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

vektarman wrote: »
    It's pay parking 24/7 for the last few weeks. I nearly got clamped there a couple of weeks ago, I parked on a Saturday evening for 15 minutes and just arrived back in time as they were clamping cars in the car park. I thought there was a notice though to say that customers of the Duck had free parking?

I have since heard the signs arent exactly situated in plain view but are there.
    Thanks for the reply, won't be giving them my business again any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It used to be the case that you paid for parking during the advertised hours but could claim it back in the pub if you are eating or drinking there. I brought my receipt in before and got it refunded with my pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Orion wrote: »
    It used to be the case that you paid for parking during the advertised hours but could claim it back in the pub if you are eating or drinking there. I brought my receipt in before and got it refunded with my pint.

Yeah, that used to be the system, now you have to tell the barman your reg number initially.
    At various times then they will call out reg numbers to see if you are still there, otherwise you're clamped.
    Just pray you're not at the atm/toilets/hard of hearing at that moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That's a bit ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement