Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

used MTB bike frames with long chain stay

Options
  • 11-09-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,
    I'm hoping to build up a winter commuter & light touring bike. My ideal frame would be chromoly steel with a long chain-stay so i could attach panniers to a back rack. Preferably i would like a light but strong frame, as i'll be carry shopping, gear etc, as well as hauling it up and down stairs.

Do you have any suggestions for older mountain bikes, possibly from the 90s that would suit?

I'm probably going to use the frame only and add parts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Few mtbs from that era will take panniers - on-one inbred was one of the few with all the rack mounts from what I can remember. I have a 1998 kona with a modern vavert advancer front rack that works well with project2 forks.

Ill Pompino is a CX bike with rack mounts (on-one loved putting rack mounts on all their steel bikes), I'm struggling to think of anything else if you don't want a tourer/town bike tbh.

Advertisement