Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever....

Options
  • 11-09-2016 5:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Its been one of those Sundays were this morning I was browsing the kookier side of YouTube and came across a video with a title along the lines of "Creepiest videos ever" or something to that effect.

The video was full of clearly doctored or staged footage bar one, the odd suspicious death of the Asian girl, Elisa Lam, in a Hollywood hotel a few years ago. She was bizarrely found naked in a water tank and to this case her death has never been explained. The footage of course is that totally weird elevator footage.

Of course Im sure there is a rational explanation. She was believed to have suffered from depression etc.

Anyway I was reading some of the video comments and a few people mentioned that Elisa Lam was playing the "Elevator Game" before she died. Got me curious. So I googled it. And its a thing.

But its a stupid thing. I guess kids nowadays have come up with modern versions of ouija boards (or games where you run around the Hell Fire Club 3 times etc) Plenty of individual experiences and then led me on to other similar games. Hooded man, midnight man, bathtub game etc.

While clearly all nonsense, a few users had convincingly creepy stories about it.

Which got me thinking. Aside from ouija boards, has anyone here for better or worse, dabbled in a ritual or urban myth and anything funny or creepy happen as a result?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

there's a good theory on that Elisa Lam case - that someone who knew the placements of the security cameras and rooftop access (ie: a hotel employee) was toying with her prior to her death which may explain her behavior in the lift on the day she went missing.

btw that video is seriously creepy - here's the cctv footage of the lift

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

This is odd, never heard of any of these games.. What is the point of the elevator one,I just looked at two videos..

Tried the black mary one in the mirror nothing happened, tried the Ouija board didnt find much happen, light the candle while talking to the mirror or something nothing happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nothing happened because its all nonsense. All of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

NIMAN wrote: »
    Nothing happened because its all nonsense. All of it.

You may as well shut down this forum then, lads - looks like our friend NIMAN here has just solved the paranormal. Maybe we should buy him a tin of biscuits or something as a thank you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Niman you blew it up!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

i dont see anything creepy with that elevator vid , lift had faulty doors so she took the stairs after a while? only explaination i can see or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Think its the fact that she was found dead on the hotel roof in a water tank that was kinda impossible to open.

Apparently the only way she was found because the guest where complaining about the water.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Think its the fact that she was found dead on the hotel roof in a water tank that was kinda impossible to open.

Apparently the only way she was found because the guest where complaining about the water.?

Yeah the water stunk and was off colour (dirty black apparently)

Advertisement