If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE65KU6400

Options
  • 11-09-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Samsung UE65KU6400. Whats your best price for delivery to Cork please?

Alternatively, I was looking at UE60KU6400 or UE55KS8000. Is there a noticeable difference between 1300/1500POI and 2300PQI?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

karlp wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Samsung UE65KU6400. Whats your best price for delivery to Cork please?

Alternatively, I was looking at UE60KU6400 or UE55KS8000. Is there a noticeable difference between 1300/1500POI and 2300PQI?

Thanks
    hI Karlp, thanks for your post

We have one of the 65KU6400 in stock locally, so we could have one shipped down to you, on a 2-3 day service. Best price I could do for you including shipping would be the €1799, but this also includes our 6 year guarantee
    On the 60", we only have the 60KU6000 listed currently, which again we have in stock at £1049/€1299
    The 55KS8000 is a stunning TV, which again we have in stock at £1599/€2099

With regards to the PQI, where you would notice most is long panning shots, so if you watch a lot of football/sports for example, or a llot of action movies, you would be better going for the higher PQI to be honest

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karlp

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your response. I was checking the 65KU6400 on your website but it appears that this model can be only collected at a local store?

I was also looking at the 65KU6000, when compared to the 65KU6400 the only difference appears to be the PQI rating. Can you advise if there is a difference in a picture quality between 1300 and 1500PQI? Is this noticeable?

Thanks
    Regards
    Karl

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Karlp,

there is very little difference between the Samsung UE65KU6500 / UE65KU6400 in terms of picture quality, however of course the main difference is that the 6500 is curved..

The Samsung UE65KU6400 is really in short supply hence its not available to purchase online, we do have a tiny bit of stock in-store if you wanted to collect we will happily reserve one for you - the Samsung UE65KU6500 is also short but we should be able to squeeze one for you on a delivery if you wanted the curved version?

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karlp

Thank you for the prompt response.

Is there noticeable quality difference between UE60KU6000 and UE65KU6400?

What about the PQI rating?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

karlp wrote: »
    Thank you for the prompt response.

Is there noticeable quality difference between UE60KU6000 and UE65KU6400?

What about the PQI rating?

Thanks
    Hi Karl, 

The main difference between the 2 is that the 6400 is a slightly higher refresh rate as you know, an that it also has freesat which the 60KU6000 doesn't

To be honest, I don't think you would notice the difference between 1300pqi and 1500pqi - this is how smooth the TV is on long panning shots, mainly noticeable when watching sports etc, or action movies, but for the difference in these 2, unless you needed the Freesat and happy with the 60", I would go for the 6000.
    Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.