Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and safety leave advice for school with severe behavioral difficulties

Options
  • 11-09-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking for some information on taking health and safety leave prior to maternity leave. The school is a school for children with behavioural difficulties which can be a high risk environment for a pregnant woman.

I'm concerned that my partner is at risk, being at teacher in the classroom and classroom assistants have also expressed their concerns to her. I'm wondering what our options our in relation to taking early leave prior to maternity? Does anybody have any information about health and safety leave and would this be available in such a situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

There should be regular risk assessments done by the line manager/ deputy principle/ principle to manage and deal with potential risks. Are these being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

To some extent and currently still in Progress. I guess the question I'm trying to ask is if it is deemed as unsafe, what are our options from here? There's not much options in the way of moving class as it's the same situation in all classes with it being a special needs school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

The best thing for your Oh to do would be contact her union (also the staff rep if they are any good-very often in schools they aren't though)

Advertisement