Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experienced Cork drummer available

• 11-09-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,

My dad is looking to play drums again in a gigging or a wedding band. He was playing with a well established wedding band for over 15 years and decided to take a break from playing, but being a drummer he could never sit still and is itching to get going again.
    He is extremely proficient and has amazing equipment to the value of multiple thousands. He takes great pride in his playing and Im sure that whatever band he eventually plays with will have gained a great player.

I'm also available to play, but I'd much rather play as a stand in or a dep drummer. Be sure to contact me if you are interested.

Regards,

The Sticky Bandit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 lovesexy88

Hi there,

Thought my reply sent yesterday but doesn't look like it - sounds like your dad could be the ideal candidate!

We're a well established band on the Cork scene a long time. Our drummer for last year and a half left recently for personal reasons but, as part of the disaster recovery plan, we've most of our bookings up to Christmas covered by either our former drummer or our former percussionist.

The plan at the moment is to use this time to i) audition for a suitable replacement ii) work on the Wedding/Corporate setlist and iii) put an Irish/pub version setlist together in that order.

The person we're looking for has to be able to play (d'oh!), have good, reliable gear, their own transport (or a 2nd kit that can live in the band van), be willing and able to learn new songs through home and band practice, have a working knowledge of the standard wedding set material, a long term commitment to making the band better by their involvement and, probably most important, be able to get on with us idiots already in the band :-) Our ages range from early 30s to early 50s so we've a bit of life experience and would like someone with a similar frame of mind. Singing harmonies preferred, singing main vocals a plus, and ability on another musical instrument creates more possibilities.

Things in a candidate that are a potential issue for us are over-drinking, lack of practice, involvement in multiple bands and bad time keeping - some people might think these reasonable concerns but some people don't.

About us - we're a 6 piece with a band van, all of us have day jobs and families which get in the way of thinking about the band 24/7, we've weddings, corporates and pubs up to Christmas, mainly in the Cork/Kerry area - January is always a slow month and wedding numbers are a little down next year, which is part of the reason we're looking at adding an Irish version of the band and why we're looking at the set/PA etc.. The singer is the manager/owner/booker/co-ordinator/driver and we have 2 roadies, depending on the gig. We have fun on stage, we're always looking at making it a visual experience so tricks and smiling a must; looking bored on stage is forbidden!

Does this sound like something he'd be interested in?

Advertisement