Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price for drinks reception music?

• 11-09-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey all,
    trying to decide whether to have some pre-dinner drinks reception music (would be something casual, outdoors, acoustic maybe a duo). Just wondering what the options are, what you guys chose/are choosing and probably most important factor in influencing my decision, what sort of price ranges are out there?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Unz88 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    trying to decide whether to have some pre-dinner drinks reception music (would be something casual, outdoors, acoustic maybe a duo). Just wondering what the options are, what you guys chose/are choosing and probably most important factor in influencing my decision, what sort of price ranges are out there?

I, personally, think it's a lovely touch. But so is a Spotify playlist playing in the background. It really boils down to exactly what you want! We're having a harpist for our pre dinner reception but that's only because we came across this young girl by accident and she's amazing so we went with her!

Either way, your guests won't be too fussed so it'll boil down to yours and your partners preference

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

I think it is lovely to have reception music..
    we are getting married in march and our church singer duo is doing our reception as well and all for 550 which we thought was very reasonable ..
    hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Unz88 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Combined service providors usually give discounts, church singers or band in the evening so ask them first if youve already booked. If not, budget between €2-300 per musician depending on location, day of week and time of year.

As with all things, sometimes they work, sometimes people might not listen, sometimes they're the focal point as a bit of craic can be had requesting random songs.

Advertisement