Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay for covering maternity leave

Options
  • 11-09-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've just got a teaching job in a secondary school until after Christmas covering for someone on maternity leave. I'm working full time in the school until the person comes back and I've just completed my PME this year. What can I expect to be getting paid? I'm not at all sure to be honest and looking online has given me different answers so I'm not sure what I'd be getting. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi all,

I've just got a teaching job in a secondary school until after Christmas covering for someone on maternity leave. I'm working full time in the school until the person comes back and I've just completed my PME this year. What can I expect to be getting paid? I'm not at all sure to be honest and looking online has given me different answers so I'm not sure what I'd be getting. Cheers

http://www.asti.ie/pay-and-conditions/pay/teachers-pay/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

My understanding was that that's the pay scale for permanent teachers. This job is only for 3-4 months.

My understanding was that that's the pay scale for permanent teachers. This job is only for 3-4 months.

Under the salary scale it gives your subbing rate - multiply that by 22

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Under the salary scale it gives your subbing rate - multiply that by 22

The one that says "Hourly Casual Qualified"? So it'd be €36.65 by 22 which would be €806.30. Is that right? Sorry if I'm being dense but I assumed that rate was for those that are not in working full-time.

The one that says "Hourly Casual Qualified"? So it'd be €36.65 by 22 which would be €806.30. Is that right? Sorry if I'm being dense but I assumed that rate was for those that are not in working full-time.

Have you signed a contract?

If you have you have a non casual part time contract and you calculate your salary as outlined here:
    http://www.asti.ie/pay-and-conditions/conditions-of-work/contracts/

If not you will be paid your rate by 22 and remember that is for one week so multiply by 2 to payslip amount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement