Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presidential Candidates' Health

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wouldn't bet on that tweet for a dollar.

But this showed up today,

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/09/11/9-11-audio-reaveals-livid-passionate-clinton-sot-newday.cnn

(hmm, my tinfoil hat is tingling. Maybe she has respiratory conditions from Ground Zero?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

This is going to be fun to watch denial from pro Clinton media demanding do not believe own eyes
    Anyway
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/709501/hillary-clinton-health-9-11-ceremony-medical-episode-coughing-faint

This is going to be fun to watch denial from pro Clinton media demanding do not believe own eyes
    Anyway
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/709501/hillary-clinton-health-9-11-ceremony-medical-episode-coughing-faint

https://www.wunderground.com/?cm_ven=PS_BI_Brand_11302015_2&par=MK_BING

Temperatures in NYC currently range from 77 to 84 deg F which is neither worthy of a heat stroke, nor is is appropriate to be in while wearing a full on multi-layer pants suit surrounded by a mob of politicians and other interested persons. It's always going to be warmer in a crowd.

So that's the big huff? She's hot, and wearing a jacket in what looks like 2 layers underneath, some fru fru scarf/blouse thing and a shirt? Presumably a bra also. I'm no lady but I also don't walk around in ~80F weather with 2 or 3 shirts on. I mean there have been some frat pledges running around doing that all week in full suit and I remember those times, and I pity the fools.

The scuttlebut is a law enforcement source saw her lose a shoe but that's yet to be confirmed.

When she announced her run her medical release said she was being treated for hyperthyroidism which can cause fatigue and low tolerance to physical exercise. But the media would rather focus on it being some scary-unknown-boogeyman illness so they can play up doubts about her candidacy. imo.

Frankly I'm more interested in what medical issues Trump is hiding if he had to get a doctor to doctor the medical note that he has been waving around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

Anyway

Things like this make me feel better. All the Trump campaign seem to have left to argue that Trump is the better candidate is that Hillary might be sick, maybe.

Given the sheer ridiculous lengths people have gone to to claim Hillary is ill over the past few weeks I am going to need more than this. Too many people have lied and exagerated for these stories not to be taken with an ocean worth of salt.

You would think that with all this scrutiny on Hillary's health some of the same people would take a look at Trump who has a doctor's note that wouldn't be accepted by a primary school teacher and seems to have a habit of forgetting the question he was asked while answering:p.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes and the common section has also quite a number of entries about the double standards of the focus on McCain and the nothing to see here approach when it comes to Clinton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hillary Clinton's health is going to be under a lot more scrutiny after today and her 'overheated' episode.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/775007902256029697

Manach wrote: »
    Yes and the common section has also quite a number of entries about the double standards of the focus on McCain and the nothing to see here approach when it comes to Clinton.

Yes and the article goes on to address that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton's health is going to be under a lot more scrutiny after today and her 'overheated' episode.

That video is certainly going to do her no favours.
    Still think she would male a better president than Trump though even in she became incapicated for some reason. Pity the Repubs don't have a decent sane candidate or they would walk this election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Strangely she attacked Bernie Sanders about his health. But i think he looks really well. Hillary on the other hand, she looks horrible and is clearly unwell. None of her entourage seemed to panic either. Like it was not that unexpected. They were more interested in blocking camera views.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyway

Honestly, so what? She coughed and fainted. She doesn't have cancer.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Strangely she attacked Bernie Sanders about his health. But i think he looks really well. Hillary on the other hand, she looks horrible and is clearly unwell. None of her entourage seemed to panic either. Like it was not that unexpected. They were more interested in blocking camera views.

Would you panic if someone fainted beside you?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Brian? wrote: »
    Would you panic if someone fainted beside you?

She's not just someone. She's running for president of the US. If somebody i'm assigned to protect starts wobbling and can't stand and it's completely unexpected i'd be reacting in such a way that would reflect it's unexpected. Not just casually stroll to block her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

She's not just someone. She's running for president of the US. If somebody i'm assigned to protect starts wobbling and can't stand and it's completely unexpected i'd be reacting in such a way that would reflect it's unexpected. Not just casually stroll to block her.

You probably aren't qualified for that job then.

Better angle

Poor woman should take a rest and leave the race before something worse will happen

If my boss told me she felt unwell enough to leave a ceremony I'd be waiting for her to faint. I can't believe we're debating this.

Those are secret service men. They're calm when a president is shot. They're not going to panic at a faint!

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

I really don't believe that you believe that,Hillary Clinton is running for office of the president of the United States.She is 68 years of age,showing substantial weight gain,suffering episodes of uncontrolled coughing and fainting also.I'd say that's grounds for concern,yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Say Hillary had to drop out anyone know what happens then? Would they run Bernie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Better angle

Poor woman should take a rest and leave the race before something worse will happen

Thats uncomfortable to watch.

Time to drop out and let Bernie ease to victory.

• Advertisement

Temperatures in NYC currently range from 77 to 84 deg F which is neither worthy of a heat stroke, nor is is appropriate to be in while wearing a full on multi-layer pants suit
    Possible explanation from "Basket of Deplorables"(C) why Hillary was dressed like this in such hot day

She is 68 years of age,showing substantial weight gain,suffering episodes of uncontrolled coughing and fainting also
    So... hyperthyroidism?

https://www.verywell.com/hillary-clinton-thyroid-condition-3233019
    Hypothyroidism -- the condition Mrs. Clinton has -- is an underactive thyroid. Symptoms can include a slowed metabolism, fatigue, weight gain, and other issues.

The public has been aware of this for some time now. Over a year. But suddenly it's being spun as a mysterious new ailment, to cast doubt on her eligibility to be the POTUS.

I'm not surprised at her symptoms given that it is, in fact, hyperthyroidism, and she has been campaigning intensively for well over a year now. Unsurprising in one of the hottest summers on record at the peak of the election season that she's prone to a thyroid-related weakspell here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

20Cent wrote: »
    Say Hillary had to drop out anyone know what happens then? Would they run Bernie?

I was also wondering this. Anyone know what the procedure is if, and this is a big if, a candidate had to drop out due to health reasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Cant believe I'm saying this but at this moment in time I think it Trumps to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

How do you explain the metal clip falling down her trouser leg. Watch to end of the video. Colostomy bag clip

https://youtu.be/YzZl9j580tM

So... hyperthyroidism?

https://www.verywell.com/hillary-clinton-thyroid-condition-3233019

The public has been aware of this for some time now. Over a year. But suddenly it's being spun as a mysterious new ailment, to cast doubt on her eligibility to be the POTUS.

I'm not surprised at her symptoms given that it is, in fact, hyperthyroidism, and she has been campaigning intensively for well over a year now. Unsurprising in one of the hottest summers on record at the peak of the election season that she's prone to a thyroid-related weakspell here and there.

That may very well be what she suffers from and this may be the route her spin doctors will go down.However the other signs and symptoms of this condition include depression,lack of mental clarity and forgetfulness.Hardly the qualities one looks for in a potential future president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Is see Mrs Clinton had to be helped as she appeared unwell at the 9/11 commemoration. I truly believe this woman should not be running for President as her health is defo in question.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-leaves-9-11-ceremony-feeling-overheated-151200361.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

fran17 wrote: »
    That may very well be what she suffers from and this may be the route her spin doctors will go down.However the other signs and symptoms of this condition include depression,lack of mental clarity and forgetfulness.Hardly the qualities one looks for in a potential future president.

Given who the alternative is, they are qualities I'd tolerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

fran17 wrote: »

Find me a medication that doesn't cause any of the above.... Guarantee you that there's very few presidents that haven't been on such medications. This is literally fear mongering around her health with very little basis. Shall we ignore the fact that FDR, one of the most impressive presidents in US history was constantly suffering from illness? Hyperthyroidism is small fry in contrast.

And just to clarify, you would say depression is something that should rule somebody out from being president... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How do you explain the metal clip falling down her trouser leg. Watch to end of the video. Colostomy bag clip

I can't. How are you so certain it's a colostomy bag?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Is it a colostomy bag or a catheter bag? And do they even have metal clips? They are usually plastic not metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Find me a medication that doesn't cause any of the above.... Guarantee you that there's very few presidents that haven't been on such medications. This is literally fear mongering around her health with very little basis. Shall we ignore the fact that FDR, one of the most impressive presidents in US history was constantly suffering from illness? Hyperthyroidism is small fry in contrast.

And just to clarify, you would say depression is something that should rule somebody out from being president... :rolleyes:

Roosevelt also died in office and Truman had to take over. Not that he was a bad President only that Roosevelt was enormously popular and worked really well with foreign leaders. Clinton has spent her time defending her horrible record dealing with foreign heads of state and choosing the wrong allies to fight with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Roosevelt also died in office and Truman had to take over. Not that he was a bad President only that Roosevelt was enormously popular and worked really well with foreign leaders. Clinton has spent her time defending her horrible record dealing with foreign heads of state and choosing the wrong allies to fight with.

I'm perfectly aware he died in office and my point is that hyperthyroidism isn't remotely similar to that scale of illness. Trump isn't even in office and has offended world leaders already. So nope, Hilary is far superior diplomatically.

B_Wayne wrote: »

Ah ok,I see how this works now.We can discuss Hypothyroidism to justify Clintons actions and behaviour lately but the factors relating to the condition which may negatively effect her campaign are out of bounds.
    Your attempts to clarify something I didn't say is puzzling,but hardly the first time.A US presidential nominee who may suffer from depression,lack of mental clarity or forgetfulness would be a cause for concern among the electorate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Colostomy bag?

Are you serious? You think colostomy bags are held on with metal clips?

Whatever fell could have been absolutely anything, but conspiracy theorists immediately use a grainy zoomed in out of focus image to jump to the conclusion that Hillary Clinton has a colostomy bag.

september 11 seems to bring them out in droves.

• Advertisement

Is see Mrs Clinton had to be helped as she appeared unwell at the 9/11 commemoration. I truly believe this woman should not be running for President as her health is defo in question.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-leaves-9-11-ceremony-feeling-overheated-151200361.html

Trumps health is also in question given that he had to basically dictate his own doctors letter saying how healthy he is.

Perhaps both Clinton and Trump should agree to be seen by an independent third party physician just like any CEO would need to pass a medical before getting a new contract of employment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Akrasia wrote: »

Trumps health is also in question given that he had to basically dictate his own doctors letter saying how healthy he is.

Perhaps both Clinton and Trump should agree to be seen by an independent third party physician just like any CEO would need to pass a medical before getting a new contract of employment
    Didn't know that about Mr Trump and I would agree with you if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

I think it's all an act just to deflect attention away from yesterdays gaff. And then to recover so quickly to deflect away the health issue as well. Nice one Hillary.

Actually , lookin at Trumps physical condition I'd say he's overall in a worse health that Hillary. Too many fancy meals over the years which would be hard to turn down when your a billionaire and you practically own chefs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Moved from the other two threads. Please note that this is politics not conspiracy theories. While you dont have to believe the Clinton press release and you can hypothesise that it could be something more serious we are not being told about, something more substantial than a video showing a small metal object on the ground is required to support such contentions.

Hillary was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday says her doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Tin Roofer

How do you know? Are you one of her team of doctors?

Just on the question of what would happen if Clinton or Trump were to withdraw from the race due to health or legal or other reasons, the answer is that there would either be a new party convention to select a new nominee, or if there isn't enough time to organise a convention, there would be a pseudo convention, where the party leaders of each state vote for their preferred candidate and the winner becomes the new nominee

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/08/04/qa-what-would-happen-if-a-presidential-nominee-quit/

Tin Roofer wrote: »

There is absolutely no reason to believe that she has cancer, so to even speculate on that at this point is completely out of order.

No. But she's already released a report from her doctor. That'll do nicely for me.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Tin Roofer

No. But she's already released a report from her doctor. That'll do nicely for me.

Which you fell for, hook, line and sinker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Which you fell for, hook, line and sinker.

Mod note:

Youre entitled to be sceptical, but you still have to be civil towards other posters.

Here is a link to a press release from her treating doctor:

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0911/815877-clinton/

Is there anything to suggest that Dr. Lisa Bardak is not telling the truth? If so please provide reliable information in respect of same. If there isnt, then there isnt really any basis to debate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The health report was published last year so it isn't that relevant now. She'll probably have to publish another one after this.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Hillary's trust issues are going to be affected again.
    She said just in the past week she would be more open about things, now she is being accused of covering up over her pneumonia.
    Trust and honesty are her two biggest issues and she does nothing to help herself.
    It is likely according to her campaign she will take things easier over the coming days. Which she can use to prepare for the debates which are just two weeks away.

edit she cancels her trip to California to fund raise.
    Next event is Wednesday in Las Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement