Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 2 not responding after update to iOS 9.....

Options
  • 11-09-2016 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

I am having an issue with my iPad 2 after updating to iOS 9. Before the update I experienced zero problems after, the iPad was slowish to respond, slower than previous OS 8 I think. I reset (home button and power for 10 seconds) after the reset it was even slower so I reset again and its not responding at all. When it powers on the lock screen comes up and then that won't respond and goes black when I hit the home button to bring up the lock screen after 5 seconds it responds and the lock screen just displays the time with no other content.

I enable reduce motion, reduce transparency, Disabled backround app refresh, Spotlight search and siri suggestions before resetting.

Only updated last night I am livid I did now. From what I can tell from looks and other settings in iOS 9 I prefer the previous iOS version. Had the iPad backed up on a different machine which is dismantled now.

It was updated through wifi does it store the image in the iCloud before updating? I tried to see if I can restore it through iTunes. The PC recognizes it and connects to it..... Now its asking me in iTunes "to allow access, please respond on your iPad..." which is not responding to anything.

I cancelled that message and signed into my account and its telling me my account is locked would that lock the iPad also? I got a spam filtered email a good while ago saying someone tried to access my account but I dismissed that as fraudulent as Google mail had a warning about the message.

Edit:
    After trying another reset it responded. I am going to try and restore the previous iOS is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Apple won't allow you to install an older version of iOS, mostly because of security stuff, and that they like to have everyone on the newest one.

You might want to try a fresh install of iOS rather than upgrading - http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-clean-install-ios-9-1-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-download-links-1525476 will tell you how.

It's also worth noting that the iPad 2 is now a five year old device, which is pretty much prehistoric in computing terms. Worth keeping an eye out for a cheap iPad Air or iPad Air 2.

Advertisement