Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KickBoxing for kids recommendation

Options
  • 12-09-2016 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just a quick mention about Global Kickboxing that’s based in Unit 3 Orion Business Campus. Dublin 15.
    Its about 3 minutes from Dolly Heffernans pub

Its run by Jimmy Upton who is the Irish National Coach , and has a number of champion Kickboxers training the kids.

They are great with the kids and they give great training while also fun.

My sons 10 and been in it since January and loves it. The change in him since he started in unbelievable. He was a beginner starting and he’s already had his first fight and is doing very well

Kids from about the age of 6 are members and it also caters for adult classes.
    Its open 6 days a week and there is classes every day.

The first class is free and monthly membership is 60 Euro. You can also pay by the week and class but I’m not too sure how much this is.

Free Tea/Coffee while you wait and a really nice crowd up there.

I have no affiliation with the club, I just wanted to recommend it .

They have a facebook page which is constantly updated

https://www.facebook.com/Global-Kickboxing-Hi-Performance-Kickboxing-Boxing-Fitness-Academy-704700369613975/

Class times:
    KIDS CLASS 6.00-7.00pm
    ADULT CLASS 7.00 - 8.00pm

Here’s a short video that shows the facility and the type of pad work the kids do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpJKJOvHzn8

Hope this helps somebody because when I was looking for a club I didnt know where to start..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My brother has been trained by Jimmy since he was around 4 years old. He is now 24 and a black belt 2nd dan in kickboxing. He used to teach classes up in Global but is studying now so has had to give it up for a while.

I couldn't recommend Jimmy enough. My kids have no interest yet but if they ever show it they'll definitely be going to Global.

Advertisement